Pages:
Author

Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB - page 5. (Read 1061069 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I've been searching everywhere and can't find the answer so I'll ask here.  What makes a wallet generation compatible?  I have a hardware key (keepkey) that I'm currently using but have no idea if it'll work.  Can someone confirm?
IF this is what you have https://www.keepkey.com/ it looks like it just creates a public key you can type into the user field.
As far as using it after you receive BTC it looks like they have software that when you connect the device knows what it is and you use the hardware key to make payments.  I have not played with this system at all but at the very least you need to have backed up your private key word string, if you haven't done that and the hardware fails you will never get your BTC back.

btcrealm
Thanks bud
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
I've been searching everywhere and can't find the answer so I'll ask here.  What makes a wallet generation compatible?  I have a hardware key (keepkey) that I'm currently using but have no idea if it'll work.  Can someone confirm?
IF this is what you have https://www.keepkey.com/ it looks like it just creates a public key you can type into the user field.
As far as using it after you receive BTC it looks like they have software that when you connect the device knows what it is and you use the hardware key to make payments.  I have not played with this system at all but at the very least you need to have backed up your private key word string, if you haven't done that and the hardware fails you will never get your BTC back.

btcrealm
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Я вoшeл нa ASIC.
 stratum tcp вaшeгo POOL c мoщнocтью 4 Th/s.
Кaк мoжнo yвидeть cтaтиcтикy? У мeня oтcyтcтвyeт  инфopмaция пo paбoтe пyлa. Ecть тoлькo мeню в paбoтe мaйнepa "alive".
Пoмoгитe пoжaлyйcтa  Huh Huh Huh (Russian language)

Using google translate this comes out as:
I entered the ASIC.
  stratum tcp your POOL with a power of 4 Th / s.
How can I see the statistics? I do not have any information on the work of the pool. There is only a menu in the work of the "alive" miner.
help me please
Based on this question 4 th/s will not get you very much on any pool.
This pool the statistics page is not currently working.
This pool has a low hash rate and does not solve blocks quickly.  It may be a while before you receive a payment.  It is a reliable pool.
You will need to put the information in correctly or you will not receive your payments.  There is no way for the pool owner to pay you if the information is not correct.

Pool URL:  stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334
Worker: 
Password:

Google translate again:
Ocнoвывaяcь нa этoм вoпpoce «4-e / c», вы нe пoлyчитe никoгo в пyлe.
Этoт пyл нa cтpaницe cтaтиcтики в нacтoящee вpeмя нe paбoтaeт.
Этoт пyл имeeт низкий кoэффициeнт xeшa и нe быcтpo peшaeт блoки. Этo мoжeт быть нeкoтopoe вpeмя, пpeждe чeм вы пoлyчитe плaтeж. Этo нaдeжный бacceйн.
Baм нyжнo бyдeт ввecти инфopмaцию пpaвильнo или вы нe бyдeтe пoлyчaть cвoи плaтeжи. Bлaдeлeц пyлa нe мoжeт зaплaтить вaм, ecли инфopмaция нeвepнa.
Activity: 3
Activity: 1
Я вoшeл нa ASIC.
 stratum tcp вaшeгo POOL c мoщнocтью 4 Th/s.
Кaк мoжнo yвидeть cтaтиcтикy? У мeня oтcyтcтвyeт  инфopмaция пo paбoтe пyлa. Ecть тoлькo мeню в paбoтe мaйнepa "alive".
Пoмoгитe пoжaлyйcтa  Huh Huh Huh (Russian language)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
Is this pool still working?

Do you think anyone else ever asked that?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Activity: 738
Merit: 100
Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo
Is this pool still working?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
It is still unclear to me:

Can I use a wallet that starts with a 3? It was generated by Electrum.

This is a multisig address, correct?

I can't see why you couldn't mine to it, but it seems a bit of extra effort for a pool payout. I don't run Eligius, so don't take this as a definitive answer. I never tried to mine to a multisig address Cheesy

It might be a segwit address.

Forgot about that Tongue

It could be. I can't see how you could create a P2SH addy by accident, but I've learned to never discount any possibility, especially in crypto Cheesy
Activity: 7
Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I'm new and excited haha!

1. When can we expect the stats page to be live? I know the process has taken some time and a considerable amount of effort, but I would just like to be in the loop.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I can't see why you couldn't mine to it, but it seems a bit of extra effort for a pool payout. I don't run Eligius, so don't take this as a definitive answer. I never tried to mine to a multisig address Cheesy

It might be a segwit address.
what is a realistic timeframe that we will hit the next block? or an estimate based on the pool's hash rate?
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
hmm, maybe I am missing something here. I just downloaded electrum, then set up a wallet. I don't remember selecting anything special. Oh well. I will just add a different wallet to make things easier.

3 questions:

1. Will I lose my previous week of hashing under the old wallet?
2. What is a good wallet to use for mining with the Eligius pool? Jaxx? Blockchain.info?
3. How is Eligius pronounced? haha?

1. if there is no payout, then you're fine. Also, to have created a multisig wallet you probably have both keys.
2. Electrum, as long as it's the most recent version, is a great wallet. Go to the wallets tab and create a new wallet if you don't want to use the same one, it can keep multiple wallets. It gives a popup asking what type. HD is recommended, if you chose multisig (which I think is what happened), I'm pretty sure you can still generate standard addresses. I'll look into it and get back to you. The only other wallet I recommend is Bitcoin Core. bockchain.info has been good over the years, but it's still public to some degree.
3. Not sure Tongue I think it's EE leejius, but I'm not certain.
hmm, maybe I am missing something here. I just downloaded electrum, then set up a wallet. I don't remember selecting anything special. Oh well. I will just add a different wallet to make things easier.

3 questions:

1. Will I lose my previous week of hashing under the old wallet?
2. What is a good wallet to use for mining with the Eligius pool? Jaxx? Blockchain.info?
3. How is Eligius pronounced? haha?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I am not sure if it is a multisig wallet.. I am not entirely sure what that means haha. But from what i've googled, I don't think it is a multi signature wallet...
As the name implies a multisig wallet requires 2 or more people to login and access it to approve transactions. Geared for Businesses when you do not want to allow just 1 person to have access to all of the money.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

I am not sure if it is a multisig wallet.. I am not entirely sure what that means haha. But from what i've googled, I don't think it is a multi signature wallet...

Electrum is capable of being a multisig wallet, and if your address starts with 3, you've made a multisig address. I'd advise you to make a new address, being sure it's NOT multisig, because if you don't know how to sign it, any coins that go to it are lost. Non multisig addresses begin with 1, testnet with 2, and P2SH/Multisig with 3. I can't recall the exact place in electrum settings, but it's well documented. Try to make a regular address before you mine Cheesy

Activity: 132
The only one that I used, and loved IT!

Very easy to set up and stuff... Although I haven't used other pools.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

Is there a way to get a notification when we actually hit a block? Like a website that will do an alert?
Pages:
Jump to: