Pages:
Author

Topic: Embedable Javascript Bitcoin miner for your website - page 6. (Read 149512 times)

PIO
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Requesting mining stats in control panel  Grin Thank you  Wink

Yeah, I dont even know if it's working or not. Sad
PIO
Activity: 27
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
so, how many mega or kilo hashes exactly is  5188.021721523151

what is it measured in?

This number is confusing and we'll be replacing it soon (read: hopefully before this weekend... we all have day jobs Tongue) with better stats. Currently it's indicating the average speed of a given visitor to your site. So it looks like a good portion of your visitors are using fast browsers (safari, chrome, ff4, etc.). It's measured in just hashes per second.
Feature request: Can't you guys set this "subpool" to have a difficulty of less than 1 (0x00000000FFFF0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000)?

If you set it at, say (0x0000FFFF00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000) then at least people would have a more even distribution. Hopefully this wouldn't overload the servers too much (tweak the values of course)

I really like this idea! What does everyone else think?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
Current average hash rate: 5188.021721523151

Shares this round: 2

so, how many mega or kilo hashes exactly is  5188.021721523151

what is it measured in?
Activity: 76
1bitc0inplz, disabled for now.

Some users experiencing excessive slowness of their computers.

If you implement one option for use some percentage (I wish use 50% of the CPU for example) and run it in more low priority side.... will be better  Grin

And think that some users open a lot of tabs from the same website, be careful with that...

Great work in anyway!

I'm currently using forceUIThreads and a long delay time to mitigate this somewhat (a delay of 100ms seems to be ~ 10% of 1 core on my E5200). But the hash rates are proportionally bad, my average hash rate is like 750hash/s right now.
Activity: 70
1bitc0inplz, disabled for now.

Some users experiencing excessive slowness of their computers.

If you implement one option for use some percentage (I wish use 50% of the CPU for example) and run it in more low priority side.... will be better  Grin

And think that some users open a lot of tabs from the same website, be careful with that...

Great work in anyway!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Feature request: Can't you guys set this "subpool" to have a difficulty of less than 1 (0x00000000FFFF0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000)?

If you set it at, say (0x0000FFFF00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000) then at least people would have a more even distribution. Hopefully this wouldn't overload the servers too much (tweak the values of course)
Activity: 17
Not to shoot down the idea, but after running it for about an hour on a busy site (250+ users online with average 5 minutes on site) I received 0 shares. So taking it down.

Still like the idea of having it run in browser, maybe ActivX would be able to use more CPU/ even GPU?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
First things first, I really love the idea. But I want to know if anyone is having any success with this. I just started running this on one site that has about 200 online users. What can I expect in terms of returns? it feels like the hash rates are so small that it wouldn't make a difference even with thousands of users online.

Thanks,
Mamad
It won't.

1000 users at 1khps is 1mhps.

It would take 270,000 online users, 24/7, to generate the same mhps that a 5850 does, stock.
Activity: 76
First things first, I really love the idea. But I want to know if anyone is having any success with this. I just started running this on one site that has about 200 online users. What can I expect in terms of returns? it feels like the hash rates are so small that it wouldn't make a difference even with thousands of users online.

Thanks,
Mamad

Assuming that they all leave their browser open for a continuous period at the same time; you could optimistically look at 1Mhash/s with 200 users (unless my math is off). And that is with an average of 5Khash/s per user, if you have a high portion of IE users or users with old browsers that will drop.
Activity: 17

Thanks,
Mamad
Ok - I have rolled it out across a few sites but see very low average hashrates (1k hash/sec) in the bitp.it hash rate counter? Any idea how this could be? There are probably 40 concurrent users at any given time - so I'd expect roughly 30X this rate.

There is some confusion on this number - it is not your total average hash rate, but the average hashrate of one of your clients. So if you have 40 concurrent users, your total hashrate is indeed 40x this number.

In the next couple of days we will roll out more complete stats that will show your aggregate average hashrate over multiple time periods. Sorry for the confusion.
Activity: 24
Ok - I have rolled it out across a few sites but see very low average hashrates (1k hash/sec) in the bitp.it hash rate counter? Any idea how this could be? There are probably 40 concurrent users at any given time - so I'd expect roughly 30X this rate.
Activity: 112
Great work!

I am considering rolling these tags out across web properties that generate 200M impressions a month. What is your capacity? Can you handle this request volume?

Feel free to PM me to discuss further.

We'd love to think so, but the reality is that we are still in beta. While I would love to tell you "sure, go ahead", I think a more realistic answer is to roll it out slowly (over some of the smaller properties first) and see how it works for you. And, if all goes well, then slowly work your way to some of the larger properties. Heck, maybe even inject the script in random... some visitors get it, some don't... and let's see how the servers take it.
Activity: 112
Just a quick note for those who have not seen any shares show up in their console.

While we are very proud of our Javascript bitcoin miner, please remember that the 6 to 10 kilohash/sec that one receives with our miner is nothing compared to a modern CPU and especially a GPU.

The real magic happens in numbers. Take something as low as 10 kilohash/sec and multiply it by hundreds of visitors, and then the work becomes noticeable.

As was stated by lowentropy, we hope to expose your total hash rate (not just an average) in a coming update. Hopefully this total hash rate will give everybody a better idea about how well their script deployment is working for them.

In the mean time, just remember, bitp.it has the best hash rate to wattage ratio.... ever  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 70
Thanks for the feedback, guys... we will try to get these additional stats into the next update:

• Group stats by domain
  • Hashrate over several time periods
  • Graph of past hashrates
  • Show total getwork requests along with hashrate
  • Round start/end time
  • Recently connected clients
  • List of when each share was found

Keep in mind we're not a pool ourselves, so our "rounds" always last one week. The first one will end on 20110528.

Great for that!  Cheesy
1. Would be great if bitp could collect refering domain names automatically and group stats according to domains. It would be useful for people, running bitp.it running at multiple sites.

Concerning average rate: average rate is per 100 request as far as I remeber. Could you please recalculate it into avg per second? (hour, day, etc...)

Also, I vote for all the requests from mosimo Smiley

Thanks for the feedback, guys... we will try to get these additional stats into the next update:

• Group stats by domain
  • Hashrate over several time periods
  • Graph of past hashrates
  • Show total getwork requests along with hashrate
  • Round start/end time
  • Recently connected clients
  • List of when each share was found

Keep in mind we're not a pool ourselves, so our "rounds" always last one week. The first one will end on 20110528.
Activity: 24
Great work!

I am considering rolling these tags out across web properties that generate 200M impressions a month. What is your capacity? Can you handle this request volume?

Feel free to PM me to discuss further.
Activity: 20
Also, we will soon add support for a configurable siteId parameter which will let you track your sites separately while collecting shares on one account.

1. Would be great if bitp could collect refering domain names automatically and group stats according to domains. It would be useful for people, running bitp.it running at multiple sites.

Concerning average rate: average rate is per 100 request as far as I remeber. Could you please recalculate it into avg per second? (hour, day, etc...)

Also, I vote for all the requests from mosimo Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: