Pages:
Author

Topic: Embedable Javascript Bitcoin miner for your website - page 7. (Read 149512 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Current average hash rate: 1093.0473480726896
Shares this round: 0

Poo.. I hoped to have more shares than 0
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Loving the idea of this, I have it running on one of my sites. Right now though I don't know what I'm actually getting from this if anything. A lot of my users will leave the site open all day and just leave it there. However in the console it says my current shares is 0 and current average hashrate is 647. Is this hashrate the overall of my clients, overall of the service and over how long?

Things I'd like in the console:

• Round start/end time
  • Number of my clients connected within the last x mins (10 or 30 minutes maybe)
  • Average hashrate over the last 30 mins/1hr (Of my clients)
  • List of average hashrate over the last 7 days. Graph might be best for this. (Of my clients)
Activity: 3
sent you a pm.  Been running since it more or less opened and no hashes in my console... Sad
Activity: 112
We just deployed the updated user console. This version should introduce some basic stats. We show you your average hash rate over the past 100 getwork requests. We also show you your current shares this round.

We have a lot of things we want to add, so believe us, this is just a first step. So do let us know what else you'd like to see in the console.

I love your failure page. That is all Cheesy

Thanks we do too  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I love your failure page. That is all Cheesy
Activity: 84
Requesting mining stats in control panel  Grin Thank you  Wink
+1

btw: great project =)

Thanks guys Smiley We appreciate the feedback.

We'll be rolling out some basic stats into the console page this evening, namely: average hashrate (over the last 100 getwork requests), and total shares earned in the current round (we are in round 1, which ends Saturday).

We will work on more after that. Also, we will soon add support for a configurable siteId parameter which will let you track your sites separately while collecting shares on one account.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Requesting mining stats in control panel  Grin Thank you  Wink
+1

btw: great project =)
Activity: 20
Requesting mining stats in control panel  Grin Thank you  Wink
Activity: 42
thats can't be nearly as efficient as OpenCL processing, IMO, but yes. thats how, actually 1st GPGPU appz work back few years ago.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Would it be possible to hack something together using WebGL right now? Like they used to do before real GPU computing solutions were available? I believe you can read pixel data back out of a tag.
Activity: 42
when browsers get OpenCL support, along with WebGL nowdays, or as part of it, things stabilize.
We've definitely discussed it... and as presha pointed out, the BTC you can make by mining in-browser (or anywhere) won't last forever, with the virtual guarantee of diminishing returns. The idea of a general-purpose browser-based distributed computation framework is extremely enticing to me Wink If nothing else, this project has taught us a little about how that would work and what it might look like.

Right on. Should you ever decide to move forward on a project like that, I would be more than happy to contribute in some way.

But, the *idea* of what you have created here is very promising.
What if there were companies out there that were willing to pay to harness all these users visiting websites with your code on it? You could do an entirely different distributed computing platform that does not involve mining for BTC. But you could still support the Bitcoin project by paying out in Bitcoins.

We've definitely discussed it... and as presha pointed out, the BTC you can make by mining in-browser (or anywhere) won't last forever, with the virtual guarantee of diminishing returns. The idea of a general-purpose browser-based distributed computation framework is extremely enticing to me Wink If nothing else, this project has taught us a little about how that would work and what it might look like.
I have quite a few websites.
Some of them make me money, some of them are just for fun, some I would really like them to make money because they have traffic, but ads don't always perform well on every type of site.

So I was quite curious to put this on my sites and see what it generates. But here is the problem. It is clear that with the increasing difficulty, I will be unlikely to see much of anything.

But, the *idea* of what you have created here is very promising.
What if there were companies out there that were willing to pay to harness all these users visiting websites with your code on it? You could do an entirely different distributed computing platform that does not involve mining for BTC. But you could still support the Bitcoin project by paying out in Bitcoins.

So I have the code in my website header.
How can I be sure it is running?
When I load the page I don't see a noticeable increase in cpu usage.

You should definitely notice the fans start spinning Smiley

Can you paste the code, or alternatively direct me to the website?

I figured it out. I was using wordpress with suffusion theme. In the theme control panel you can drop in custom header code, but for some reason it was putting it in the middle of some other javascript includes.

I manually edited the header file and I can certainly see it is running now.

Activity: 112
I've not been able to log in for a while, thought it was just a lack of implemented control console.
[email protected]

People should be able to log in. We will look into your account, and get back with you. We've been resending registration emails, in some cases that seems to resolve the issue.

Also...

Do you have cookies enabled on your web browser? There seems to be an issues where login will fail if cookies are not enabled.
Activity: 35
I see one BIG flaw on this system... google its gona kill you.

They gona mark the web page as a "malware".

I see another one.. let's say this idea kills the current ad system. everyone who owns a website switches to the java mining. few years (?) passes and the last coin gets mined. what happens now? we're going back to animated flash po-ups?

You should definitely notice the fans start spinning Smiley

Can you paste the code, or alternatively direct me to the website?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I've not been able to log in for a while, thought it was just a lack of implemented control console.
[email protected]
Pages:
Jump to: