Pages:
Author

Topic: [EMC] EMERCOIN — Blockchain Service Platform. PoS&PoW | BTC merge-mined - page 86. (Read 393776 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
Hi, why is mining so slow with getwork? I usually mine at 3.5th but now down to 2.4th
I'm solo mining
thanks

Found the answer to this I had to put /#skipcbcheck on my miner string for pool.emercoin.com
Hope the solo mining gets stratum because it's' slow using getwork.

you could try modding https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool
i am/was actually going to try that
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Hi, why is mining so slow with getwork? I usually mine at 3.5th but now down to 2.4th
I'm solo mining
thanks

Found the answer to this I had to put /#skipcbcheck on my miner string for pool.emercoin.com
Hope the solo mining gets stratum because it's' slow using getwork.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
i am interested to join the emercoin community in order to bring in my help. is there an official forum or slack channel?
Google did not tell me anything  Smiley
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I'm solo mining
thanks
Activity: 458

I would be nice to see this image posted in the first page of the ANN as It should provide sufficient information for those that just found out about Emer.

This is a good suggestion. I hope Fixx will update the original post!
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Something offline? Just tried to withdraw from wallet and it says 0 confirmations (offline). Anyone know about this?
I could probably break it ifthere was a bounty offered

Finding flaws is a valuable part of experimental software development. If you are aware of anything serious then I urge you to let it be known: Inform the developers, or make a pull request on github to fix it, etc. I'm not willing to offer a bounty for flaws directly but would contribute to such a fund, if the devs agreed to it. Hopefully they would seriously consider it.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
.. didnt even bother renaming namecoin code just used it as is and no unit tests more importantly.
Emercoin has always been clear that it began as a fork of peercoin & namecoin Smiley If there is a specific bug it would help if you share it with the developers. I've been nothing but impressed with the emc team's ability to act quickly in releasing patches and improvements to the code.
I could probably break it ifthere was a bounty offered

- https://emerproxy.xyz (beta) uses OpenNIC DNS servers and can (proxy) resolve most .emc .coin .lib .bazar and .nmc domains.

Nice to see your service supporting blockchain based domains! Looks like you are using EMCLNX to generate the advertising for the site too?
its really an apples and oranges comparison..Im not sure but isnt factom p2p? or does it store data on chain aswell? through opreturn on bitcoin if im remembering correctly?

According to the Factom whitepaper, I believe they store hashes on the Bitcoin blockchain, that in turn verify their own chain or database. I'm a little unclear on it. I think you're right it is like comparing apples & oranges, as Factom is a completely different system. EMC's Key -> Value system is 'permissionless', anyone can use it, and doesn't require it be used in a certain way. Factom speaks of Federated servers and so forth. I'm inspired to read more and learn about the differences for myself but I would also like to read an informed comparison by someone more knowledgeable as well.

I guess it's true that it is a Key -> Value system as is the backbone of all data storage.
.. didnt even bother renaming namecoin code just used it as is and no unit tests more importantly.
Emercoin has always been clear that it began as a fork of peercoin & namecoin Smiley If there is a specific bug it would help if you share it with the developers. I've been nothing but impressed with the emc team's ability to act quickly in releasing patches and improvements to the code.
legendary

I haven't researched this coin much but at a valuation of $6,000,000 USD... seems like you're getting ripped off to me.

Litecoin has a marketcap of $151M while Dogecoin $14M, and we are talking about 2 forks with insignificant changes. There are plenty of others that could be added on the 0 innovation list. The only problem with Emercoin is that the team is not investing anything in marketing. This is the only problem, because technology-wise, they just got validated by Microsoft Azure.

So far Microsoft Azure adopted Ripple (200M marketcap), Ethereum (71M marketcap), Factom (5.5M) and the last one, Emercoin (6.5M).

I would be nice to see this image posted in the first page of the ANN as It should provide sufficient information for those that just found out about Emer.

So far i'm impressed by what they are trying to accomplish and there's plenty of good quality documentation in the main website, although it wouldn't be bad to have a less technical presentation of all the technologies. Something that an average techie/investor could understand (real world usage, potential, comparison between other technologies available on the market etc).

For example, i always wanted to know if "EMCDPO - Digital proof of ownership with EmerCoin" could replace "Factom". I see similarities between them, but i need a better explanation. A better understanding of what are advantages of EMCDPO over Factom or vice-versa. Or if there's any competitivity between the technologies at all.

Its just a key value system and its using old namecoin code with bugs and unoptimized.

Infact he didnt even bother renaming namecoin code just used it as is and no unit tests more importantly.

its really an apples and oranges comparison..Im not sure but isnt factom p2p? or does it store data on chain aswell? through opreturn on bitcoin if im remembering correctly?
Activity: 617
Merit: 559
Seems a shit and scam coin i wonder why Azure added it that's crazy  Huh

Or maybe you've mistaken it for Emeraldcoin ? Otherwise your comment doesn't make any sense and you should just crawl back into your cave like the ignorant troll that you are. Thank you!
+1
I think he just stumbled upon the news and the coin. Probably does think it is emeraldcoin just as I did. Understandable I suppose to a certain extent considering how hard it is to gain any traction in the market right now without a dedicated pumpbot. Just kind of unknown and it's functionality is as well. Perhaps some fiverr videos describing things graphically would assist.

On the graphical aid / professional video front: Stay tuned Smiley
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Devs, it would be interesting to see the reactions if you would show Emercoin on Hacker News ...  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Seems a shit and scam coin i wonder why Azure added it that's crazy  Huh
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
Here you'll find a description of NVS (Name Value Storage) and DNS for Emercoin.
It also shows a quick comparison between EMC and NMC.

http://emercoin.com/EMCDNS_and_NVS
legendary
can someone pls. explain the name feature?

Its the namecoin code from 0.6.3.

Is the dev for this coin around, which user is he?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
can someone pls. explain the name feature?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

Not until your DNS provider supports the emercoin domain name space (your current DNS provider is most likely your ISP). AFAIK OpenNIC is the only DNS provider currently supporting Blockchain based domains. If you set your DNS to be resolved by OpenNIC it will work as just hzcharts.coin but otherwise you'd need to use the emergate.net gateway. Personally I hope that when the world comes around to blockchain tech, ISP's will start including blockchain based domains in their DNS. But I don't know what the emc team's plans are towards wider accessibility Smiley

For the few cents it will cost you, there's not much harm in registering the domain you want. And for those who don't have time to play with the emc software then they can look at using a supporting blockchain domain registrar such as https://peername.com

- https://emerproxy.xyz (beta) uses OpenNIC DNS servers and can (proxy) resolve most .emc .coin .lib .bazar and .nmc domains.

Activity: 481
Pages:
Jump to: