Pages:
Author

Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions? - page 22. (Read 213559 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Just add a few lines to your ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf file (create it if it doesn't exist):
Code:
rpcuser=bitcoinrpc
rpcpassword=somethingsecure
server=1
Then run Bitcoin-Qt, and it will behave like bitcoind as well.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
The thing is, and I am really confused here.

I don't run bitcoind, I only run Bitcoin-QT, so where do I put the brute.rb file?

The thing is, if I install bitcoind and place the brute.rb file in the newly created bitcoind folder, how the hell is that supposed to find my passphrase, as the passphrase was created using bitcoin-qt.

Aggggghhhhh!

To make matters worse. I have just installed bitcoind, and it hasn't created a .bitcoind folder. WTF?

Using Gentoo with systemd here.
Activity: 45
I have for the last 24hrs tried some of the solutions listed here to recover my password but cannot seem to get anything working. I cannot find my unencrypted wallet either from backups over the last few years. anyone here can help?
Activity: 13
I figured it out.  Thanks for helping.

Hah - my computer calculated there were over 650 million possibilities from your earlier guidance before running out of disk space. Congratulations at bringing it back - it'd be useful to know what your mistake was?
all lowercase, no spaces.  I 'never' make passwords like that. 
I got it from generating only 2^14 passwords.

That's some good luck right there. Well done!
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Hah - my computer calculated there were over 650 million possibilities from your earlier guidance before running out of disk space. Congratulations at bringing it back - it'd be useful to know what your mistake was?
all lowercase, no spaces.  I 'never' make passwords like that. 
I got it from generating only 2^14 passwords.
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
If it was once un-encrypted, you can roll-back the folder, and hopefully find an unencrypted one.  

Edit:

Didn't see that, Good Job!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Is there a way of extracting the private key from the wallet ?

Im using the latest QT version i have tried a few methods here in total i have tried 1 million + passwords so far

Would it be possible to load an old version of the QT wallet ?

i think it has 16 characters + maybe 2-4 more  Sad

if you have an old (unencrypted) version of the wallet, copy it several times, before you do anything

you can use pywallet to extract all the keys.

For the record, pywallet handles encrypted wallet for several months
Activity: 13

Activity: 70
j-coin//just 4 cpu's
Does knowing my Encrypted PriKey mean I can do anything more? For example, would using Extreme GPU Bruteforcer on the Encrypted PriKey help at all?

no
Activity: 7
Does knowing my Encrypted PriKey mean I can do anything more? For example, would using Extreme GPU Bruteforcer on the Encrypted PriKey help at all?
Have at it:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ods1mSaI!ezW1lUT0pizjfouSZw1iETOwwNdKP3qhl1gkeFUUFAU

If you can decrypt it, take the BTC and I'll send you some LTC or BTC from my wallet with the same password.
Hi, I can try to help.
I tested RAR password recovery recently, but it is painfully slow. It uses AES as bitcoin wallet AFAIK. I can try to do some research, but it seriously depends on how much do you remember.
Please state here (or PM) the best description of what you know (and what you used) about encrypted wallet.
Please be as verbose as you can.

Thanks.
I could have sworn the password was:
Code:
I did it all for the Bitcoin so you can take that Litecoin and stick it up your
Now that I can't figure out the passphrase my best guess as to where I mixed up is:
  • Capitalization.  Especially on 'I', 'Bitcoin', 'Litecoin'.  Possibly LiteCoin, liteCoin, etc. That is, here wouldn't just be a random capital eg yOu
  • Added a word on the end.  Likely ya, yeah, yay or something like that.  I can add one more detail to this via PM only
  • punctuation.  A comma after Bitcoin, a period at the end.  Possibly you're instead of your
  • switched Litecoin for Bitcoin or vica versa
  • didn't have spaces
Let me know how we could proceed
Activity: 7
Anyone have a true brute force script?

I set a passphrase 3 months ago when I created this wallet, and haven't used it to send BTC out till now, have just been putting BTC in.
I remember I did something new, as opposed to a lot of my older passwords, and used letter/number substitutions. But I also think I may have created a phrase, shortened it to the first letter of each word, and then used cap/lower/number substitution. So at this point, I have no idea what it is. It might only between 8 and 12 characters, or I could be remembering it wrong and it could be 20-30.
I do not have a backup from before setting the passphrase, and am now kicking myself that I do not remember what it is.

I thought I remembered what it was, but it turns out the one I remembered was the RPC password I set.. Oops

I'd prefer a ruby or python script that I can run against bitcoind on linux as I have a linux server I can run it on and forget about it while its working.

Edit: Never mind, I changed the options on the Middle version of the ruby script and its running now.
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
Hi, I can try to help.
I tested RAR password recovery recently, but it is painfully slow. It uses AES as bitcoin wallet AFAIK. I can try to do some research, but it seriously depends on how much do you remember.
Please state here (or PM) the best description of what you know (and what you used) about encrypted wallet.
Please be as verbose as you can.
I too have lost my password which makes NO sense to me because whenever I make passwords I only use certain phrases/letters that I know by heart. So I'm extremely confused as to why I can't remember my password for my wallet.

I tried following this thread but frankly I'm very confused. What exactly do I do with these scripts? I'm on windows 7, if that matters. I'd like to try and brute force my password using phrases/letters I know.

I've got cain and abel but I'm assuming this wont work since apparently all this is good for is packet sniffing or cracking windows account passwords and that doesn't apply here.
Same boat,  Can't figure out why I don't know it.
Hi
Looking for some help with decrypting my wallet.  I have a pretty good idea about the passphrase.  It's about 80 characters.
It's hard for me to say what to try to crack it because I could have sworn I knew the passphrase.  I think I might have thrown a word on the end or messed up the capitalization.  
There's a lot of scripts in this thread, wheres the best place to start.

EDIT: okay, I've tried the scripts that might have helped, but it looks like a custom solution will be necessary for me given that mine is so long, but that I know a great deal about the phrase.  Would anyone be interested in doing this for pay?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I wonder if pooled mining can also be used for bruteforcing scenarios. All gpu's around the globe in hunt for some wallet password.

In theory this could be done in similar way using p2pool but with no payout (or payout as a reward for cracking it based on the time X crypto ammount per work submitted ) 
That would be awesome for some one like me with 15k LTC wallet which needs to be unlocked ... ill wait till ltc at $100 in a few years and then it may be an idea to consider .
Activity: 62
I too have lost my password which makes NO sense to me because whenever I make passwords I only use certain phrases/letters that I know by heart. So I'm extremely confused as to why I can't remember my password for my wallet.

I tried following this thread but frankly I'm very confused. What exactly do I do with these scripts? I'm on windows 7, if that matters. I'd like to try and brute force my password using phrases/letters I know.

I've got cain and abel but I'm assuming this wont work since apparently all this is good for is packet sniffing or cracking windows account passwords and that doesn't apply here.

Any help with this? Sad
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
I wonder if pooled mining can also be used for bruteforcing scenarios. All gpu's around the globe in hunt for some wallet password.
Pages:
Jump to: