Pages:
Author

Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions? - page 20. (Read 213559 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Holy crap it worked!

Thank you so much!

You know in the end it was only ONE of my passwords (~100 of those), nothing else- found it in about ten seconds.

I must've simplified it or something

I've sent you a tip. I don't actually have much so it's not heaps but hopefully something.

I hope this helps others in the future, you're a miracle worker Revalin!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Litecoin uses port 9332 instead of 8332.  Change it in the script and try again.
Brilliant! Thank you very much for that Revalin!

Wow,7 is pretty intense- your script must be fast!

Unfortunately I still get the same error I did with the power-shell script.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to accept my rpc-password initially but once that was solved I get:

Code:
C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:878:in `initialize': No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. - connect(2) (Errno::ECONNREFUSED)
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:878:in `open'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:878:in `block in connect'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/timeout.rb:52:in `timeout'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:877:in `connect'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:862:in `do_start'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:851:in `start'
        from C:/Ruby200-x64/lib/ruby/2.0.0/net/http.rb:1367:in `request'
        from brute.rb:14:in `test'
        from brute.rb:25:in `block (3 levels) in
'
        from brute.rb:24:in `repeated_permutation'
        from brute.rb:24:in `each'
        from brute.rb:24:in `block (2 levels) in
'
        from brute.rb:23:in `permutation'
        from brute.rb:23:in `each'
        from brute.rb:23:in `block in
'
        from brute.rb:22:in `each'
        from brute.rb:22:in `
'

This is with litecoind
Basically I need something that will test a combination of words I supply

I know my password is a mix of two of my other passwords. Possiblly with a space between them. I'm a bit worried though because I manually tried this last night and failed (400 attempts later)

It would be useful to test combinations of three (or more) as some of my passwords are combinations of smaller elements.

Here you go.  Just fill in the fragments in the words list and set a value for max_words.  max_words has a very large effect on how long it will take so try to keep it under 7.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require "net/http"
require "json"

$rpc_pass = "some-password"
words = ['one', 'two', 'three', 'four', 'five']
max_words = 3

def test(passphrase)
  puts passphrase.inspect
  request = Net::HTTP::Post.new("/")
  request.basic_auth "", $rpc_pass
  request.body = { method:"walletpassphrase", params:[passphrase, 1] }.to_json
  response = Net::HTTP.new("localhost", 8332).request(request)
  if response.code == "401" ; puts "Incorrect RPC user/pass" ; exit 1 ; end
  ret = JSON.parse response.body
  if ret["error"].nil? ; puts "\nFound it! #{passphrase.inspect}" ; exit ; end
  return if ret["error"]["code"] == -14 # wrong passphrase
  raise "WTF? #{ret.inspect}"
end

(1..max_words).each do |n_words|
  words.permutation(n_words).each do |perm|
    [" ", ""].repeated_permutation(perm.count + 2).each do |j|
      test(["", *perm, ""].zip(j).join)
    end
  end
end

puts "No luck."

I can't help with PowerShell, but several people have reported success using my scripts (the Ruby ones) with Litecoin.  The newer RPC scripts should work perfectly; the older ones running './bitcoind' in the test() function just need to be edited to say './litecoind', but I recommend the RPC method because it's much faster on Windows.

That's fantastic. Thank you very much for your help!

Is this the only one running  using RPC?

If so I'm not sure how to modify it to run the password cracking method I require.

Basically I need something that will test a combination of words I supply

I know my password is a mix of two of my other passwords. Possiblly with a space between them. I'm a bit worried though because I manually tried this last night and failed (400 attempts later)

It would be useful to test combinations of three (or more) as some of my passwords are combinations of smaller elements.

This bit looks promising?
Code:
lefts = [ "start", "Start", "Beginning" ] # The possible words for the left part
rights = ["end", "End", "ending"] # The possible words for the right part

Thank you eternally for any help you can render. I've installed ruby!
Revalin suggested 15%, BTChap offers 5% - not a good start Cheesy

My help is free.  Fewer lost wallet disasters is good for Bitcoin, and I'm happy to help.  Donations of any size or just a thank-you are always appreciated and certainly motivate me to stick around.  Smiley

could you write down a quick guide of the soft i need to install and the procedure to get going at cracking this?

I posted some general instructions here:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3746636 .  Try it, and if you get stuck we can help.

I am sorry - prompt and where a script? ?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  Can you rephrase it?

Would anyone please be able to help me get this script working with litecoin?

I can't help with PowerShell, but several people have reported success using my scripts (the Ruby ones) with Litecoin.  The newer RPC scripts should work perfectly; the older ones running './bitcoind' in the test() function just need to be edited to say './litecoind', but I recommend the RPC method because it's much faster on Windows.
The main problem is that i am noob in using script and i can't understand script language so if you can tell me step by step process i can do it or if you have video tutorial then that's makes me happy !

The specifics change if you're on Windows, Mac or Linux, but in general:

Install Ruby 1.9 or newer (Ubuntu: "apt-get install ruby1.9.1"; Windows: http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/)
Choose one of the scripts from this thread depending on which one matches what you know about your password
Paste the script into a new file called brute.rb
Edit the file to fill in the passphrase as best as you can remember, an RPC password, and any other settings at the top of the script
Start bitcoind (the daemon, not the GUI): Linux: ./bitcoind -rpcpassword=some-password ; Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind" -rpcpassword=some-password
Run the script:  ruby brute.rb
Then wait.

Try it, see how far you get, and post any questions if you get stuck.
Would anyone please be able to help me get this script working with litecoin?

I mined some litecoins back in April and put a password on my wallet which I then forgot.

When I tried to use the script on my litecoin wallet it didn't work... It worked fine with my bitcoin wallet.

I tried messing around with the config file (adding allowed IP's), and changing ports and things in the actual powershell script.

Main problem seems to be connecting to the litecoin deamon. The Daemon also doesn't seem to run as smoothly as the bitcoin one.

Nothing seems to be working and I'm at a loss with what to do. I hope its not because I updated my litecoin client- I hadn't run it since april and when I fired it up again it said it wanted an update.

This is the error I get in powershell:

Code:
Exception             : System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpe
                        ctedly.
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebReque
                        st& request)
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
                           at UploadString(Object , Object[] )
                           at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.AuxiliaryMethodInvoke(Object target, Object[]
                        arguments, MethodInformation methodInformation, Object[] originalArguments)
TargetObject          :
CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], WebException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException
ErrorDetails          :
InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
PipelineIterationInfo : {}
PSMessageDetails      :

Before I fiddled around with things I also got this error

Code:
Exception             : System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketE
                        xception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:
                           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddres
                        s)
                           at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s
                        6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int3
                        2 timeout, Exception& exception)
                           --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebReque
                        st& request)
                           at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
                           at UploadString(Object , Object[] )
                           at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.AuxiliaryMethodInvoke(Object target, Object[]
                        arguments, MethodInformation methodInformation, Object[] originalArguments)
TargetObject          :
CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], WebException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException
ErrorDetails          :

InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
PipelineIterationInfo : {}
PSMessageDetails      :

I don't understand what these errors are telling me. I have google extensively.

Can anyone give me any hints or point me in the right direction?

I will love you forever if you can.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
didn't see that  Grin
Found my way around this issue as i had a backup copy of my wallet files.

SO my message to the newbs is: Make a copy of your wallet that you keep safe offline and one that is protected by a simple password. It works if you use multibit anyway :-) Check out their section on the forum, my case was explained there.
Activity: 41
I am sorry - prompt and where a script? ?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Hello Revalin,
I contact you in order to get your script running as i can't figure my password out anymore. I have a rough idea of what it was so i can narrow down to a handfull of characters and some numbers and 1 special sign Cheesy
However i can't understand what to do with the code you've provided. I browsed the thread (not very deep i have to admit as i got lost quickly enough due to my lack of technical knowlede.
Knowing that i run W7 and have my wallet on Multibit, could you write down a quick guide of the soft i need to install and the procedure to get going at cracking this?

I'd be glad to hear from you ASAP Cheesy
5% of funds going your way if i get it back.

Seems a little to low. Depends on how much these 5% are worth though. You should specify that in this thread to raise additional interest/motivation.

Revalin suggested 15%, BTChap offers 5% - not a good start Cheesy
Activity: 980
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
Hello Revalin,
I contact you in order to get your script running as i can't figure my password out anymore. I have a rough idea of what it was so i can narrow down to a handfull of characters and some numbers and 1 special sign Cheesy
However i can't understand what to do with the code you've provided. I browsed the thread (not very deep i have to admit as i got lost quickly enough due to my lack of technical knowlede.
Knowing that i run W7 and have my wallet on Multibit, could you write down a quick guide of the soft i need to install and the procedure to get going at cracking this?

Seems a little to low. Depends on how much these 5% are worth though. You should specify that in this thread to raise additional interest/motivation.
Activity: 114
Hello Revalin,

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

Mr Revalin

Please help me out to Find Password of my wallet i am using Bitcoin wallet i have stored few BTC 8 months back but i forget my password and i have tried many times to recover it from past 6 days but i can't ! Please man help me out will give some reward for sure.

The main problem is that i am noob in using script and i can't understand script language so if you can tell me step by step process i can do it or if you have video tutorial then that's makes me happy !

Regards'
PTseller
Holy sheepshit I found it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Revalin .7 BTC is coming your way

Thank you!  I'll make sure it's put to good use.  Smiley

Nobbie, sorry I missed you earlier.  Did you get it working?
Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Wow, good on you both Cheesy
Activity: 112

Ok I think it's working. I'm seeing an output of the possible passwords in the terminal. Just to be certain, I shouldn't be seeing anything else right? The script has
Code:
puts "No luck."
towards the end, I shouldn't be seeing after each password output, correct?

You sir are a Hero Member.
You need to surround the strings with single quotes.  If there are any single quotes or backslashes in the strings you need to represent them as \' or \\ .  Like this:

Code:

#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'base64'
require 'digest/sha2'
require 'open3'
require 'openssl'

# Double substitution for Electrum

# Put your best guess at your passphrase here
passphrase = 'I think i\'m a password'

# The full path to your electrum.dat or default_wallet
wallet_file = '/home/user/.electrum/wallets/default_wallet'

# Where to find Electrum.  Use 1.9.2!  Older versions may be incompatible.
$electrum = '/home/user/Electrum-1.9.3/electrum'

[/quote]
Named the script rs.rb. Just "ruby rs.rb" to run, right? Ok here's the output:

user@debian:~/Desktop$ ruby rs.rb
rs.rb:13: unknown regexp option - r
rs.rb:13: syntax error, unexpected '.'
wallet_file = /home/user/.electrum/wallets/default_wallet
                          ^
rs.rb:16: unknown regexp option - r
rs.rb:16: no . floating literal anymore; put 0 before dot
$electrum = /home/user/Electrum-1.9.3/electrum'
                                    ^
rs.rb:16: syntax error, unexpected tINTEGER
                                     ^
rs.rb:16: syntax error, unexpected tSTRING_BEG, expecting keyword_do or '{' or '('
                                               ^
rs.rb:36: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting $end
  characters = " !\"\#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDE...

This is how I modified the top half of the script:
Code:

#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'base64'
require 'digest/sha2'
require 'open3'
require 'openssl'

# Double substitution for Electrum

# Put your best guess at your passphrase here
passphrase = **********

# The full path to your electrum.dat or default_wallet
wallet_file = /home/user/.electrum/wallets/default_wallet

# Where to find Electrum.  Use 1.9.2!  Older versions may be incompatible.
$electrum = /home/user/Electrum-1.9.3/electrum
Pages:
Jump to: