Author

Topic: error - page 162. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 07, 2014, 12:46:46 AM
Looks like it won't be such a drop after all.  Now don't all you miners piss off once the next retarget happens lol.  

Interesting day on the exchange I must say.  When ppl think there's going to be crazy volume on cryptsy if it gets added, I disagree.  The price will go up, but again, there are less than 10K of these RPC's right now.  

Did you see how much the volume is on coinmarketcap? 17th overall in volume for the day, a whopping 20% of the RPC's MARKET CAP. E.g. one in five RPC's traded hands today. Crazy.

That also means RPC traded more BTC volume than ~55 others of those mentioned on coinmarketcap (not to mention other coins the same age as RPC that aren't even listed there) on ONE friggen exchange.

I'm also guessing it might mean we've probably hit more BTC volume than any other coin on coinedup, but they'd have to let us know that as I can't really tell from their site.

The volume is bonkers IMO, and just goes to show as much as it makes sense to hold this coin not everyone thinks the same way and we really have no idea the ceiling on this coin. I supposed we don't know the floor either, to be fair.

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
January 07, 2014, 12:44:36 AM
@ roastbeef

I think people just hop on hop off when they see another coin is more profitable over some time.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 07, 2014, 12:43:55 AM
So, anyone want to come help us get our first block @ https://pool.chunky.ms/rpc/? We've got almost 20MH/s with another 10MH/s supposedly joining soon, but if we don't get a block, then no one is going to stay!

Anyone want to help?

Sure, just pointed 2mh/s to your pool. Goodluck!

Good guy! Awesome!

Anyone know which multipools are mining RPC? I didn't see it on multipool or hashcows.

Added with 80 KH/s
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 12:43:05 AM
Hahahahaha!!  Cheesy

The hashrate looks like it might actually be the same or close to it!! Oh, the irony...
Activity: 196
January 07, 2014, 12:37:11 AM
So, anyone want to come help us get our first block @ https://pool.chunky.ms/rpc/? We've got almost 20MH/s with another 10MH/s supposedly joining soon, but if we don't get a block, then no one is going to stay!

Anyone want to help?

Good guy! Awesome!

Anyone know which multipools are mining RPC? I didn't see it on multipool or hashcows.
Activity: 113
January 07, 2014, 12:27:24 AM
Looks like it won't be such a drop after all.  Now don't all you miners piss off once the next retarget happens lol.  

Interesting day on the exchange I must say.  When ppl think there's going to be crazy volume on cryptsy if it gets added, I disagree.  The price will go up, but again, there are less than 10K of these RPC's right now.  
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 12:25:28 AM
My GPU senses are tingling!

Hashrate increasing...

Word spreading...
January 07, 2014, 12:22:07 AM
reminder: coinedup is still a low volume dumpers exchange, lets keep this up.

We need RPC on multiple exchanges so that the low volume @ coinedup stops giving this coin a false value.

Here's a list of the exchanges and what you can do for each one of them to get this coin listed. If you know of additional ways you can PM me and I'll list it under each exchange (or if you know of other exchanges, but I think I've covered the big ones).

In the words of Arnold from Predator....DO IT!!! DO IT NAAOOOWWW!!

listed in no specific order

Cryptsy

1. Go to the support thread and LIKE/upvote as well as comment.

Registration is here if you need to REGISTER

Support thread is HERE be sure to LIKE and comment.

2. Go to Cryptsy Main Site and click the 'support' tab on the left hand side of the page and send a message requesting Ron Paul Coin to be added.

CoinEx

1. Go to CoinEx and click the 'get support' at the bottom left hand side of the page.....send a message requesting Ron Paul Coin to be added.

Coins-E

1. Go to Coins-e Contact Page and request Ron Paul Coin to be added.

Bter

1. Email [email protected] requesting Ron Paul Coin to be added to their exchange.

Vircurex

1. Email [email protected] request Ron Paul Coin to be added to their exchange.

Activity: 19
January 07, 2014, 12:18:00 AM

Anyone want to help?

Activity: 22
January 07, 2014, 12:15:29 AM
Just pointed 2.8MHs to mining RPC, lets do this!
Activity: 196
January 07, 2014, 12:09:29 AM

Anyone want to help?
January 07, 2014, 12:01:31 AM
Just threw in 300 k/hash. What's difficulty switch looking like?

Network Info
Difficulty    38.75902443
Est Next Difficulty    23.20471911 (Change in 23 Blocks)  << probably less than 2 hours

This is actually really great news. The fear I had was that it was going to crash down to ~5-10 difficulty, bringing gigs of hash.

Now, its more likely to be a gradual increase. Folks, we may have ridden out the initial freak out dump and have some steady gains ahead.

Or, we may not.

WOOT
Activity: 210
January 07, 2014, 12:01:09 AM
Looks like the difficulty will land somewhere around 20 in 22 blocks.
Activity: 3
January 07, 2014, 12:00:17 AM
Uhg, that price spike is rough.  Brings everyone running just in time for the adjustment.
Activity: 42
January 06, 2014, 11:58:44 PM
let's burn this blocks - 6k added
and hooooold - this is long-term coin, the only one with real potential from all this new scam jokes
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
January 06, 2014, 11:47:59 PM
Just threw in 300 k/hash. What's difficulty switch looking like?
Activity: 56
January 06, 2014, 10:54:05 PM
so about the issue of multipools and devising a way to combat the pump-n-dump (because diff is going to drop a lot soon), did anybody try setting the block reward to be dynamic depending on the previous and current block hashrate? or previous diff average hashrate vs current diff average?

Let's say the coin just started, you are steadily going up in diff and hashrate, then it hits an exchange+coinwarz and multipools start focusing on you, the big spike in hashrate allows the multipool to instamine most blocks and they leave once they shoot up difficulty to an unprofitable level for anybody. So the thing is, did anybody try a coin where if hashrate suddenly spikes up with low diff it reduces the reward, and if it suddenly drops down with a higher diff then the block reward goes up? This makes the coin distrubution system to go contrary to the multipools strategy, once they jump onto your coin the reward is reduced to a point that is not profitable for them unless they stay for the long haul (making the increased hashrate be "normal" for the coin instead of a sudden abnormal spike). Only people mining steadily and gradually adding/removing hashrate would get proper mining rewards.

Ideas? is this feasible? Did I just invent the smartest block reward strategy ever?

Hmmm i don't think it's the smartest strategy EVER....

but it's quite a good thought... it would need some detailed planing and designing but could be a possible way to defend a coin against multipools.

I like the idea maybe we'll see an implementation of it in the future...

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012
vertex output parameter not completely initialized
Activity: 259
January 06, 2014, 10:50:08 PM
Some of the pools have incorrect information, what pool is that @solarfox? Thanks
http://ronpaulcoin.miners-point.com/index.php?page=dashboard
Activity: 378
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
January 06, 2014, 10:48:39 PM
so about the issue of multipools and devising a way to combat the pump-n-dump (because diff is going to drop a lot soon), did anybody try setting the block reward to be dynamic depending on the previous and current block hashrate? or previous diff average hashrate vs current diff average?

Let's say the coin just started, you are steadily going up in diff and hashrate, then it hits an exchange+coinwarz and multipools start focusing on you, the big spike in hashrate allows the multipool to instamine most blocks and they leave once they shoot up difficulty to an unprofitable level for anybody. So the thing is, did anybody try a coin where if hashrate suddenly spikes up with low diff it reduces the reward, and if it suddenly drops down with a higher diff then the block reward goes up? This makes the coin distrubution system to go contrary to the multipools strategy, once they jump onto your coin the reward is reduced to a point that is not profitable for them unless they stay for the long haul (making the increased hashrate be "normal" for the coin instead of a sudden abnormal spike). Only people mining steadily and gradually adding/removing hashrate would get proper mining rewards.

Ideas? is this feasible? Did I just invent the smartest block reward strategy ever?
Jump to: