Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 28. (Read 360488 times)

Activity: 875
Merit: 1003
April 03, 2014, 06:55:41 PM
Interesting how the moment donations are asked for to upgrade the coin, everyone disappears! I guess money talks loudest.

Which is why I only threw in 0.01 BTC to begin with. Most of the complaints here are just hot air. The coin, in my opinion, is just fine the way it is, but the rework to DGW is only going to make it better, so I"m good with it. I'm fine mining after the multipools have their way with it since that's when I get a bigger percentage of every block find. I mined during the lead up to the first fork which was terribly slow for a lot of people. Not that I have a lot of scrypt hash power - far from it. I doubled my power with my 5-chip gridseed purchase.

At any rate, if people don't want the coin changed enough to donate something, then leave it the way it is.

True and I agree with you. And this is precisely what will happen-- if we don't get sufficient donations, then the coin will remain. It will be forked once a developer accepts the amount of donations provided. I have been quoted a price of 2btc, but I think I can get it done for half that.

This method of donation for the payment to the fork developer was done to invite the contributions of the community, since money speaks the loudest. I noticed the complainers went away in any event.

The real RonPaulCoin followers are still with us though.

Thanks, TechByPC, for supporting this coin from the beginning.

The real focus, eventually, has to be on ways/places the coin can be spent, not ways it can be better mined.

^ I thought the same thing as this, but then I realized there is actually an exploitable flaw (since the advent of multi pools). The flaw allows those with lots of mining power to take them rapdily at low difficulty levels and then leaving and selling them off. This devalues the coin every 48 blocks and is part of the reason for the dropped price. These miners profit more because they got lots of coins at an easier difficulty rate when everyone else had to work twice as hard to get the same amount.

If you are a buyer of RPC then this means you get an awesome deal and you can stock up (I bought a couple hundred when they were around $1-$2 each). But we also want the value to go up and I strongly feel it will, once this "hole in the bag" is fixed.

Activity: 113
Merit: 100
April 02, 2014, 05:07:09 PM
I pitched in 40.82779086 RPC for the fix fund.  

This coin isn't dead; people are still trying to push the coin lower so they can buy hundreds.  In fact this is one of the only coins that isn't in fact dropping lower right now.
Activity: 168
April 02, 2014, 12:16:05 PM
Interesting how the moment donations are asked for to upgrade the coin, everyone disappears! I guess money talks loudest.

Which is why I only threw in 0.01 BTC to begin with. Most of the complaints here are just hot air. The coin, in my opinion, is just fine the way it is, but the rework to DGW is only going to make it better, so I"m good with it. I'm fine mining after the multipools have their way with it since that's when I get a bigger percentage of every block find. I mined during the lead up to the first fork which was terribly slow for a lot of people. Not that I have a lot of scrypt hash power - far from it. I doubled my power with my 5-chip gridseed purchase.

At any rate, if people don't want the coin changed enough to donate something, then leave it the way it is. The real focus, eventually, has to be on ways/places the coin can be spent, not ways it can be better mined.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2014, 12:10:15 PM

You are right. I have donated some but I think the most problem is everyone thinks this coin is dead, so they won't come back to this thread anymore.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 02, 2014, 11:56:52 AM
Colin I haven't looked back far etc, but each time you post could you put the total BTC needed and how far along we are?  So we dont' always have to check block explorer, I think it would help to see the goal line and how far we need to go to get there.
Activity: 182
Community
April 02, 2014, 11:53:15 AM
does any one donate BTC for it?
April 02, 2014, 11:48:20 AM
April 01, 2014, 10:40:15 AM
RonPaulCoin version 2.0 (difficulty fix) fundraising

I have the developers lined up and ready to go. But we need money to pay them. I have donated 0.1 btc

If you can donate 0.01 btc, then thank you!
If you can donate 0.05 btc, that is awesome and helps!
If you can donate 0.1 btc, great!

DONATIONS FOR DIFFICULTY FIX - FUNDRAISING GOAL = 2.0 BTC
BTC - 1DsdqTs5Wge7opUpXABp8n3P8TyAxLKYuU (click to see how much has been donated)
RPC - RLiV45m25WPgMQkdBZdNdYFFMQNjCT3JZn
(click to see how much has been donated)

WEBSITE REDESIGN - FUNDRAISING GOAL = 0.5 BTC
BTC - 1PMen2shpbDCmzP2ZjqnyRCUyfFbd5sNF4 (click to see how much has been donated)
RPC - RHnxM8h46oni5KrHWcPkvWo6KJWVRWMG59
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
March 30, 2014, 12:13:42 PM

BTC - 1PMen2shpbDCmzP2ZjqnyRCUyfFbd5sNF4 (click to see how much has been donated)

The website is not complete  its being built from scratch to allow for some extra flexibility. All source will be shared with dev.
Here is the homepage/ Template design of the website I am building to give you a taste of my work and to find out what the community thinks!
New HomePage Template
http://rpchome.cryptotycoons.com/

If you like it and want me to continue my work, donate to the links above!
I am open to all suggestions as well. I plan to launch a beta site, and get feedback from the community so that everyone is happy with the page! =)
If you have a request share it and I can probably do it!

VERY SEXY! I like it!
Activity: 910
March 30, 2014, 03:57:34 AM

The website is not complete  its being built from scratch to allow for some extra flexibility. All source will be shared with dev.
Here is the homepage/ Template design of the website I am building to give you a taste of my work and to find out what the community thinks!
New HomePage Template
http://rpchome.cryptotycoons.com/

If you like it and want me to continue my work, donate to the links above!
I am open to all suggestions as well. I plan to launch a beta site, and get feedback from the community so that everyone is happy with the page! =)
If you have a request share it and I can probably do it!
March 29, 2014, 09:27:35 PM
Donated 0.01 BTC and am willing to donate more once some others show interest with their wallet as well.

I just donated 0.1 BTC personally and 15 RPC total.

I would love it if others donated a minimum of 0.1 BTC to the cause. We will have it wrapped up in no time if that is the case.
Activity: 938
March 29, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

I like your idea of checking out the various options. I think the first step is understanding all the options.

Could you (or someone) provide me with a simple explanation of exactly what each of these re-targetting methods is doing?

As for changing the Proof of Work algorithm, this is a bigger change and I am apt to avoid it if possible. I also would need to learn more about it. One question: Does changing the PoW algorithm require using different mining software?

PoS could be implemented but that would be a fundamental change from the original design of the coin and I do not think that will happen. Our goal should be to secure to coin from abuse with as minimal core change as required to do so.

I could try my best to explain like this:
- KGW is the first original algo which changes the diff after every block, but it still has one minor disadvantage that if the diff at current block is too high (which happens alot with RPC when 5GHs from multipool points at us and then leave), it still take too much time for the network to solve the block. (Image a block with diff 100 and the next block with diff 0.5).
- DGW like sidhujag explains is essentially kgw with the time warp exploit fixed.
- For others retargeting algos you can read it here, pretty easy to understand the idea behind these algos
http://cryptofrenzy.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/better-than-gravity-well/

I still opt to change POW because it is the best for small coins with less supporters like RPC. If you could shield yourself from ASIC then everyone who want to support RPC could continue to mine even with his/her normal computer.

You need to change the software to mine if you change POW algo but I don't think it will be a problem.

I am available this weekend to do diff fix if we have agreed on which algorithm.. let me know.

Theory on kimoto gravity well: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21730/how-does-the-kimoto-gravity-well-regulate-difficulty

See second post.

Dgw is essentially kgw with the time warp exploit fixed.

Any pow change will change mining if you are using external mining software it would need updating.. although there are softwares already using these algos so wouldnt be hard to make it for rpc.. But all miners would need to switch. With a diff fix everyone will have to update their wallets so we have to decide at which
block in the future to fork network..

Yeah to decide which block to fork is important because not everyone who has RPCs is active now. Some even said that this coin is dead ...
Activity: 168
March 29, 2014, 01:02:44 PM
Donated 0.01 BTC and am willing to donate more once some others show interest with their wallet as well.

I'm for the DGW change. I am not for POS mining as I think there is already enough incentive to hold this coin. The coin needs an expanded marketplace for spending if it is going to increase in value long-term. Otherwise it is a speculator's/collector's only coin.

I'm conflicted on the POW changes as I can see both points. I think at this time it is better to not change it as it would increase the barrier to entry for some people which would decrease interest. I purchased a gridseed that I have dedicated to this coin, for example, and I'm sure others have or will do similarly.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
March 29, 2014, 11:33:17 AM
I am available this weekend to do diff fix if we have agreed on which algorithm.. let me know.

Theory on kimoto gravity well: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21730/how-does-the-kimoto-gravity-well-regulate-difficulty

See second post.

Dgw is essentially kgw with the time warp exploit fixed.

Any pow change will change mining if you are using external mining software it would need updating.. although there are softwares already using these algos so wouldnt be hard to make it for rpc.. But all miners would need to switch. With a diff fix everyone will have to update their wallets so we have to decide at which
block in the future to fork network..
March 29, 2014, 08:12:44 AM
Hi Collis,
Nice that you are still here. Me too haven't sold any of my 80 RPCs. I think the important part is not only changing the diff retarget algorithm, with the new ASIC scrypt coming in the next months, we need to consider to change to others POW as well. I think the best to consider would be:
- Diff retarget to DGW, DigiShield or Temporal Retargeting from HeavyCoin.
- POW to X11, HEFTY1 or Keccak
- POS could be implemented as well.

I like your idea of checking out the various options. I think the first step is understanding all the options.

Could you (or someone) provide me with a simple explanation of exactly what each of these re-targetting methods is doing?

As for changing the Proof of Work algorithm, this is a bigger change and I am apt to avoid it if possible. I also would need to learn more about it. One question: Does changing the PoW algorithm require using different mining software?

PoS could be implemented but that would be a fundamental change from the original design of the coin and I do not think that will happen. Our goal should be to secure to coin from abuse with as minimal core change as required to do so.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 09:01:29 PM

RPC has been added to the new Cryptokk's vote list.

Votes are free ! You can vote 1 time, every 2 hours, per account.

(all coins are safe from Pump'n dump on Cryptokk)

http://www.cryptokk.com/?p=votes
CTRL+F (search) -> RPC
March 28, 2014, 08:58:22 PM
I understand.

First step is to raise the donations necessary to pay the developer. Then we can have them make whatever changes we want. I find it is difficult to get things done on a volunteer basis. I have donated all my time but not everyone works for free. Please donate:

DONATIONS FOR DIFFICULTY FIX - FUNDRAISING GOAL = 2.0 BTC
BTC - 1DsdqTs5Wge7opUpXABp8n3P8TyAxLKYuU
RPC - RLiV45m25WPgMQkdBZdNdYFFMQNjCT3JZn

BTC - 1PMen2shpbDCmzP2ZjqnyRCUyfFbd5sNF4

Donations made to the above addresses will only go to the individuals responsible for the work done.
legendary
Activity: 924
March 28, 2014, 04:42:53 PM
Thank YOU colinistheman, for your hard work and dedication.  There will be nothing better than fixing the exploitablity of this coin, and thus rewarding the true long term holders and low point buyers who had faith.  

I fully agree on your action and support you.

Thank you. I too realize it is only fair to everyone who has supported RonPaulCoin. It is an unhappy thought to think that those who would manipulate the coin could spoil it for everyone else. I am determined to stop that from occurring. It hurt me too. I have not sold a single RonPaulCoin since December 27th, 2013.

Once I get the donation addresses up, yours and others' donations are welcomed and appreciated to support the development of the new coin fork and the website. I have already reached out to the developers and designers for their support. Stay tuned.

Hi Collis,

Nice that you are still here. Me too haven't sold any of my 80 RPCs. I think the important part is not only changing the diff retarget algorithm, with the new ASIC scrypt coming in the next months, we need to consider to change to others POW as well. I think the best to consider would be:

We could do a poll about this and choose what the best suits for everyone.

Regards,

AizenSou

Concur
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
March 28, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
Thank YOU colinistheman, for your hard work and dedication.  There will be nothing better than fixing the exploitablity of this coin, and thus rewarding the true long term holders and low point buyers who had faith.  

I fully agree on your action and support you.

Thank you. I too realize it is only fair to everyone who has supported RonPaulCoin. It is an unhappy thought to think that those who would manipulate the coin could spoil it for everyone else. I am determined to stop that from occurring. It hurt me too. I have not sold a single RonPaulCoin since December 27th, 2013.

Once I get the donation addresses up, yours and others' donations are welcomed and appreciated to support the development of the new coin fork and the website. I have already reached out to the developers and designers for their support. Stay tuned.

Hi Collis,

We could do a poll about this and choose what the best suits for everyone.

Regards,

AizenSou

I tend to agree with you.
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
March 28, 2014, 01:14:05 PM
Glad to hear devs are working on the coin again. Just moved 3.4m/hash back to mining RPC. Haven't mined this in awhile.
Pages:
Jump to: