Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 29. (Read 360488 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2014, 01:16:33 AM
Thank YOU colinistheman, for your hard work and dedication.  There will be nothing better than fixing the exploitablity of this coin, and thus rewarding the true long term holders and low point buyers who had faith.  

I fully agree on your action and support you.

Thank you. I too realize it is only fair to everyone who has supported RonPaulCoin. It is an unhappy thought to think that those who would manipulate the coin could spoil it for everyone else. I am determined to stop that from occurring. It hurt me too. I have not sold a single RonPaulCoin since December 27th, 2013.

Once I get the donation addresses up, yours and others' donations are welcomed and appreciated to support the development of the new coin fork and the website. I have already reached out to the developers and designers for their support. Stay tuned.

Hi Collis,

Nice that you are still here. Me too haven't sold any of my 80 RPCs. I think the important part is not only changing the diff retarget algorithm, with the new ASIC scrypt coming in the next months, we need to consider to change to others POW as well. I think the best to consider would be:
- Diff retarget to DGW, DigiShield or Temporal Retargeting from HeavyCoin.
- POW to X11, HEFTY1 or Keccak
- POS could be implemented as well.

We could do a poll about this and choose what the best suits for everyone.

Regards,

AizenSou
Activity: 875
Merit: 1003
March 27, 2014, 09:22:12 PM
To complete the RonPaulCoin version 2.0 release, please donate to the bounty for the two developers here:

DONATIONS FOR DIFFICULTY FIX - RonPaulCoin core developer - Tranz (or sidhujag if he is too busy)
BTC - 1DsdqTs5Wge7opUpXABp8n3P8TyAxLKYuU
RPC - RLiV45m25WPgMQkdBZdNdYFFMQNjCT3JZn

WEBSITE REDESIGN - RonPaulCoin Website designer - ctenc001
BTC - 1PMen2shpbDCmzP2ZjqnyRCUyfFbd5sNF4
RPC - RHnxM8h46oni5KrHWcPkvWo6KJWVRWMG59

Donations made to the above addresses will only go to the above individuals responsible for the work done.

Proof of delivery to these individuals can be provided as well, once the work is complete and they have been paid.
March 27, 2014, 12:45:11 PM
Thank YOU colinistheman, for your hard work and dedication.  There will be nothing better than fixing the exploitablity of this coin, and thus rewarding the true long term holders and low point buyers who had faith.  

Thank you. I too realize it is only fair to everyone who has supported RonPaulCoin. It is an unhappy thought to think that those who would manipulate the coin could spoil it for everyone else. I am determined to stop that from occurring. It hurt me too. I have not sold a single RonPaulCoin since December 27th, 2013.

Once I get the donation addresses up, yours and others' donations are welcomed and appreciated to support the development of the new coin fork and the website. I have already reached out to the developers and designers for their support. Stay tuned.
Activity: 113
Merit: 100
March 27, 2014, 10:33:55 AM
Hello, peoples.  It's 11:58 EDT and the spike's in swing:

48 coins in 10 minutes, that's a coin every 12 seconds, a full factor of 10x out-of-spec.

I'm an RPC bagholder too -- never yet sold a share -- BUT THERE'S A HOLE IN MY BAG!

^ Thank you very much for this post. That post woke me up a bit.

When you said "A hole in your bag"... I thought to myself, "My God, you're right! That is exactly what governments do-- They print more fiat on a whim and devalue everyone elses money".

And that's exactly the same effect these multipools are having by abusing RonPaulCoin by mining it very rapidly and intensely and then leaving, and then selling all the coins. But blaming them does no good because any exploit would be eventually found and abused. So it is up to us (and me) to fix any possible ways that the coin may be taken advantage of.

I feel like now the goal is clear: Fix up any exploitable difficulty calculation abuse.

Thank YOU colinistheman, for your hard work and dedication.  There will be nothing better than fixing the exploitablity of this coin, and thus rewarding the true long term holders and low point buyers who had faith. 

March 27, 2014, 09:36:29 AM
Hello, peoples.  It's 11:58 EDT and the spike's in swing:

48 coins in 10 minutes, that's a coin every 12 seconds, a full factor of 10x out-of-spec.

I'm an RPC bagholder too -- never yet sold a share -- BUT THERE'S A HOLE IN MY BAG!

^ Thank you very much for this post. That post woke me up a bit.

When you said "A hole in your bag"... I thought to myself, "My God, you're right! That is exactly what governments do-- They print more fiat on a whim and devalue everyone elses money".

And that's exactly the same effect these multipools are having by abusing RonPaulCoin by mining it very rapidly and intensely and then leaving, and then selling all the coins. But blaming them does no good because any exploit would be eventually found and abused. So it is up to us (and me) to fix any possible ways that the coin may be taken advantage of.

I feel like now the goal is clear: Fix up any exploitable difficulty calculation abuse.
March 27, 2014, 09:29:32 AM

3/26/14 News Update

Your concerns have been heard.

I plan on having a RonPaulCoin version 2.0 upcoming release.

This release will encompass three specific things:
  • A new website
  • New coin logo (or back to the original, whichever seems easiest and most practical)
  • And one last fork to make the coin adjust every single block instead of every 48. (to keep multipools from basically raping RPC every 48 blocks)

This should bring RPC back from the dead.

I will be opening a bounty collection to hire the developer and website designer. Stay tuned for the BTC and RPC donation addresses. When I get the addresses posted up, your donations will be much appreciated and I think if enough support is given we can totally revamp this whole coin (while maintaining its core principles)

Excellent news!  Smiley  Keep on rockin' in the free world! http://youtu.be/PdiCJUysIT0

I really look forward to fixing up any inadequacies with RonPaulCoin's difficulty recalculation time and getting this coin back in the winners circle, because I love this coin just like you probably do, and like many others as well!

I want this coin to honor Ron Paul's name and reflect a FAIR currency. This is what I realized was being abused with the mining pools and dumping the coins and devaluing it for everyone. So we must put an end to that.

Cheers
Activity: 154
March 27, 2014, 03:03:27 AM

3/26/14 News Update

• A new website
  • New coin logo (or back to the original, whichever seems easiest and most practical)
  • And one last fork to make the coin adjust every single block instead of every 48. (to keep multipools from basically raping RPC every 48 blocks)

I will be opening a bounty collection to hire the developer and website designer. Stay tuned for the BTC and RPC donation addresses. When I get the addresses posted up, your donations will be much appreciated and I think if enough support is given we can totally revamp this whole coin (while maintaining its core principles)

Excellent news!  Smiley  Keep on rockin' in the free world! http://youtu.be/PdiCJUysIT0

Activity: 114
March 27, 2014, 02:06:45 AM
Can somebody post some nodes, I tried to sync wallet after couple weeks and cant get any connection. Thanks.
Activity: 154
March 27, 2014, 12:25:42 AM
More than anything, RPC community need individuals like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14b-C67EXY

We have most excellent brand and our community should take full advantage of it! We need passionate people to promote the coin!

Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers. Promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion. Marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing.

I would do it, but I'm Finnish and my english sucks. We need real Americans who are passionate on liberty and share Ron Paul's ideals.
Lol! Nice video.

Funny how almost every comment accuses him of being on cocaine. I think he has a lot of energy and that's awesome. Possibly some issues but still cool haha
Yeah I know my post was very cheesy and maybe ridiculous, but the truth is that alt. coin race winners will not be ones with best tech or fastest transactions. Winners will be the ones with the best salesmen.
March 26, 2014, 09:03:25 PM

3/26/14 News Update

• A new website

March 26, 2014, 09:16:37 AM
March 26, 2014, 09:10:50 AM
March 26, 2014, 09:04:57 AM
More than anything, RPC community need individuals like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14b-C67EXY

We have most excellent brand and our community should take full advantage of it! We need passionate people to promote the coin!

Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers. Promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion. Marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing, marketing.

I would do it, but I'm Finnish and my english sucks. We need real Americans who are passionate on liberty and share Ron Paul's ideals.
Lol! Nice video.

Funny how almost every comment accuses him of being on cocaine. I think he has a lot of energy and that's awesome. Possibly some issues but still cool haha
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
March 25, 2014, 06:58:31 PM
Check out https://Chunkypools.com to mine RPC!

see our advert below for more details :

http://i.imgur.com/Z3bCttx.jpg

Join our Pool - It is definatley worth it!
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
March 25, 2014, 12:33:30 PM
Why RonPaulCoin is not on the voting list on the https://www.mintpal.com/voting?

why the fuck does it matter  if its not on mintpal. Its already on coinedup, you think putting on mintpal will magically fucking pump the price to new heights, or revive this coin. Why is mintpal relevant?!

Coinedup sucks. Mintpal is the hot new exchange with a lot of traffic and movement, and it's awesome. That's why it matters.
Activity: 224
Merit: 250
March 25, 2014, 07:58:01 AM
Why RonPaulCoin is not on the voting list on the https://www.mintpal.com/voting?

why the fuck does it matter  if its not on mintpal. Its already on coinedup, you think putting on mintpal will magically fucking pump the price to new heights, or revive this coin. Why is mintpal relevant?!
rare and valuable, safe from pump and dump. It seems nobody want this rare coin, because it is not rare anymore.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
March 24, 2014, 02:07:49 PM
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
March 24, 2014, 12:08:38 AM
http://cryptofrenzy.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/better-than-gravity-well/

I believe Colin has talked about this a bit and has his eye on it...but here is a newer article referencing it as well.

Very people are in some situation that you. But, if you go in talk, and propose nothing, is useless

Well, to me it looks like we are going to need to do a fork to get around the problem described in the last few pages.  I don't think this one is gonna smooth itself out.  As far as what to implement to resolve the problem, I'm not sure.  I encourage people here to continue to discuss #1, is a fork an acceptable option for staging a fix, and #2: what feature(s) shall we implement that will be effective against the abuse we are seeing...  I noticed Digibyte has some kind of new feature to deter certain kinds of abuse.  

thoughts and ideas?  I think we need to get a plan in place soon; show the community that this coin is NOT going to die.

If it comes down to it, something like this looks promising: http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/1yn6t1/digibyte_v_20_code_name_digishield/   (DigiShield v2.0)

If nothing else it at least offers a helpful information toward a good solution.

I would want to see how it pans out first though. It's interesting that the "big solution" of KGW that so many coins implemented a short while back is now backfiring and proving to be an exploitable "fix". So I would want to make sure that any new fix is actually an improvement and doesn't open up any future issues/holes.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
March 21, 2014, 03:05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO1Qm_QSowQ this bitch disses ron pual coin LOL She said world coin is worth more LOL

That's the media for you!
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
March 21, 2014, 02:20:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO1Qm_QSowQ this bitch disses ron pual coin LOL She said world coin is worth more LOL
Pages:
Jump to: