Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 106. (Read 198796 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
It was at the peak roughly 0.0165 BTC and now it is below 0.0125. That is roughly a 25% decline already.

Peak was .0178 and current low is .0106, that's a 40% drop. A bounce is probably likely around here, but cuts this deep usually mark the popping of the bubble. All the moon believers will probably now experience months of frustration, fear and disgust...

They can join the club. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
It was at the peak roughly 0.0165 BTC and now it is below 0.0125. That is roughly a 25% decline already.

Peak was .0178 and current low is .0106, that's a 40% drop. A bounce is probably likely around here, but cuts this deep usually mark the popping of the bubble. All the moon believers will probably now experience months of frustration, fear and disgust...
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
The Ethereum price has dropped 12% over the last 24 hours. The volume is also quite big. Will the pump end soon?

Huh  Huh

I think it is REKTED and going to $0.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
The Ethereum price has dropped 12% over the last 24 hours. The volume is also quite big. Will the pump end soon?
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
A dog will fuck anything, even a tree stump.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap

THIS

srry ... time to rotate into btc
Activity: 170
, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap

THIS
legendary
I agree with this that regular corrections on the way up are healthy, but it would need to stay above the 0.01 range, preferably sideways 0.012-0.018 range for a week or two to change my previous outlook. These quick drops and then right back on the moon express still indicate a bubble in the making and too much manipulation going on.

A healthy rise is going to inevitably include profit taking while holding support levels for longer stretches of time are the only indicator of true support. The higher ETH goes the longer these periods will need to be for people to really have confidence. If it is still holding up here by the time March gets here, I might start to change my thinking, but until then its still in bubble territory for me.

Indeed. if you're going to invest - be patient. A simple principle which surprisingly few can follow.

ether is for huffing and farting ... who in their right mind is going to 'invest' in something called "ether" virtual currency??

I hear if you douse a rag with it you can get women.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
ether is for huffing and farting ... who in their right mind is going to 'invest' in something called "ether" virtual currency??
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
I personally will only buy now after a very large drop. I'm not selling anymore, there's no point at these prices. There are many trying to accumulate 1500 ETH to stake, I think many of those are major companies and financial institutions or just serious investors. 72M Ethers is really nothing if the platform gets adopted by only one major company or institution which I think there's a high chance to happen this year or the next, this is a long game.

how would a company "adopting" ether bring more value to the tokens? seriously.

Tokens are actually needed not like Bitcoin, what are you talking about? You are telling me that if major corporations NEED Ether fuel to run their apps and platforms the price would not be crazy high? Get real.

I understand if you think Ethereum is just hype and will never be adopted (like it happened to Bitcoin, before it got known as the terrorists/hackers/scammers coin it had a shot because of its blockchain I guess)

you understand the notions of intrinsic value and sound money?

are WoW tokens valuable? Major corporation blizzard behind it and mass nerd adoption! Shocked

so again, wtf do we care about appcointm. Huh

Are you for real? I don't know much about WoW tokens but I'm guessing they are centralized like apps purchases, so they are owned by Blizzard and they do whatever they want with them. Ok I'm not falling for your trolling anymore, bye.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Anyway a pump is what you saw yesterday with EXP, more than 3000% in a few hours...now that's what this community is used too so they think ETH is another scam coin just like that.

I agree with this that regular corrections on the way up are healthy, but it would need to stay above the 0.01 range, preferably sideways 0.012-0.018 range for a week or two to change my previous outlook. These quick drops and then right back on the moon express still indicate a bubble in the making and too much manipulation going on.

A healthy rise is going to inevitably include profit taking while holding support levels for longer stretches of time are the only indicator of true support. The higher ETH goes the longer these periods will need to be for people to really have confidence. If it is still holding up here by the time March gets here, I might start to change my thinking, but until then its still in bubble territory for me.
legendary
Merit: 1002
I personally will only buy now after a very large drop. I'm not selling anymore, there's no point at these prices. There are many trying to accumulate 1500 ETH to stake, I think many of those are major companies and financial institutions or just serious investors. 72M Ethers is really nothing if the platform gets adopted by only one major company or institution which I think there's a high chance to happen this year or the next, this is a long game.

Tokens are actually needed not like Bitcoin, what are you talking about? You are telling me that if major corporations NEED Ether fuel to run their apps and platforms the price would not be crazy high? Get real.

I understand if you think Ethereum is just hype and will never be adopted (like it happened to Bitcoin, before it got known as the terrorists/hackers/scammers coin it had a shot because of its blockchain I guess)

you understand the notions of intrinsic value and sound money?

are WoW tokens valuable? Major corporation blizzard behind it and mass nerd adoption! Shocked

so again, wtf do we care about appcointm. Huh
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Percentage-wise, recovery from here is actually possible. The retraces on Bitcoin's bubble to 260 were similar in magnitude, such as the retrace to 52.34 on 23rd March, from a peak of 74.9 two days earlier (-30.1%). For reference, the current drop is -25.7%.

New users to Polo is also increasing as fast if not faster than ever - approximately 1000 since yesterday (which is more than the day previously). As long as fresh meat floods in to refill the ranks of this Zulu-like army, the battle can continue.

On the negative side, the orderbook has been hit and volume from the last push was only marginally higher.
legendary
It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's a very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Anyway a pump is what you saw yesterday with EXP, more than 3000% in a few hours...now that's what this community is used too so they think ETH is another scam coin just like that.

Even if the price goes to $10, it will drop fast. If the price can consolidate around $0.5 for a few months, that is good.

ftfy let's not pretend these ethereum smart contract or whatever vaporware tokens have any intrinsic value Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's a very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Even if the price goes to $10, it will drop fast. If the price can consolidate around $5.0 for a few months, that is good.

The most important now is to see a steady set of implementations to justify any new price rise.
Activity: 154

Even if the price goes to $10, it will drop fast. If the price can consolidate around $5.0 for a few months, that is good.
legendary

Jump to: