Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 108. (Read 198796 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
Those 10k BTC sitting in polo buy walls for ETH are begging to be hacked and stolen.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Hi again, you still didn't get in? it's pushing 0.02...$6.2....

Anyway, Ethereum is the next wave like many of us have said because it's what banks actually want, a platform and a token that can become an worlwide standard. Bitcoin not only never could've done that, sadly its image has been spoiled and tainted for many years, it's a joke for most "serious" businessmen and a complete clusterfuck to the average joe who would never in a million years would go near a wallet and authorization keys and decimals.

Actually, you know what happened here? many waited and waited for so long because they know it's all bs and sh*tcoins, then when one is for real (even if it's a bubble, you have to recognize the volume and interest) you can't even see it if it's in front of your face.

Yep, look at how many older members are positive here as opposed to how the community reacts to obvious terrible coins. We all knew Ether was something. It's surprising more people didn't dive in.
legendary
Ethereum seems like the new Hub for people with a "Get rich quick" mentality. Nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.

Not quite. We've seen some obvious scams and some coins that seemed like they might make it (DASH, LTC), but in this case we have something that seems like outside support. None of the usual flash is floating about so we have to look elsewhere to explain. A good solid team helps, as does having a chief dev appearing on the BBC and the likes. Plus even Bitcoiners appreciate Ethereum at least offers something new (I'm a believer in both).
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Hi again, you still didn't get in? it's pushing 0.02...$6.2....

Anyway, Ethereum is the next wave like many of us have said because it's what banks actually want, a platform and a token that can become an worlwide standard. Bitcoin not only never could've done that, sadly its image has been spoiled and tainted for many years, it's a joke for most "serious" businessmen and a complete clusterfuck to the average joe who would never in a million years would go near a wallet and authorization keys and decimals.

Actually, you know what happened here? many waited and waited for so long because they know it's all bs and sh*tcoins, then when one is for real (even if it's a bubble, you have to recognize the volume and interest) you can't even see it if it's in front of your face.
Activity: 220
Merit: 100

I told you guys, 0.025 very soon
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Ethereum seems like the new Hub for people with a "Get rich quick" mentality. Nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.

legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

Everybody has there finger over the sell button right now.  Just going to take one whale to cash out to start the crash.

I don't think so.

This is not like the Blackcoin, Cinnicoin, Quark, Aurora pumps. It will no doubt correct but even a reasonable valuation of the project at this stage puts it at at least a 2-figure percentage of bitcoin's I would imagine.

Exactly, plus I think there are a LOT of bitcoiners giving up on BTC, not in terms of that it will die but in terms that it has already done its job. I think it will remain as a gateway to these new technologies and of course as "virtual gold" but the thrill is gone baby.

bitcoin is not about some "thrill". but ethereum definitely is.

else see here: http://trilema.com/2016/thats-right-time-to-move-on-please-do-bitcoin-is-really-not-for-you/#selection-7.0-7.72
Butthurt seems high. Every body might indeed leave cripple Bitcoin and only gmaxwell, MP and you might stay at the end.

For the record, MP is a guy who sold short ETH during the IPO.

meh, wtf are you still doing here?
I am typing on my keyboard to answer you.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

Everybody has there finger over the sell button right now.  Just going to take one whale to cash out to start the crash.

I don't think so.

This is not like the Blackcoin, Cinnicoin, Quark, Aurora pumps. It will no doubt correct but even a reasonable valuation of the project at this stage puts it at at least a 2-figure percentage of bitcoin's I would imagine.

Exactly, plus I think there are a LOT of bitcoiners giving up on BTC, not in terms of that it will die but in terms that it has already done its job. I think it will remain as a gateway to these new technologies and of course as "virtual gold" but the thrill is gone baby.

else see here: http://trilema.com/2016/thats-right-time-to-move-on-please-do-bitcoin-is-really-not-for-you/#selection-7.0-7.72
Butthurt seems high. Every body might indeed leave cripple Bitcoin and only gmaxwell, MP and you might stay at the end.

meh, wtf are you still doing here?

Bitcoin Difficulty:   144,116,447,847
Estimated Next Difficulty:   180,365,628,987 (+25.15%)
Adjust time:   After 1203 Blocks, About 7.0 days
Hashrate(?):   1,276,081,388 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 8.4 minutes
3 blocks: 25.1 minutes
6 blocks: 50.3 minutes
legendary
Let's try look at this outside the kiddie pump and dumpers window.

Ethereum is a well-liked and appreciated coin for its technology. It has a notable dev team and good media coverage (not the silly type). It also seems to have some traction with companies. Now, a coin like that is not valued sub-5USD but likely somewhere closer to 8 or 10 just based on merit. We will, because this is reality, see contractions, but if you think in terms of value it's a pretty safe bet. To explain this support one does not always need to think in the shallow end.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

Everybody has there finger over the sell button right now.  Just going to take one whale to cash out to start the crash.

I don't think so.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

Everybody has there finger over the sell button right now.  Just going to take one whale to cash out to start the crash.

I don't think so.

legendary

I don't think so.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

I don't think so.

legendary
Activity: 910
I could see the top being about the same as the last litecoin pump.  Around $8.
legendary

There's not just one whale in my opinion and I don't think we are near close to the top yet, but well, this has been said every minute since it was at 600-700 levels.
legendary
Activity: 910
legendary
While you continue to debate if ETH is worth or not, if it's the new coming of Bitcoin or a Internet 2.0 I keep making money. It has been so easy it's unreal and I don't have the guts to go and throw into some actual money, I just put most of my BTC which is not much sadly.

Vaporware? Tokens? What is Bitcoin really? it was and still is nothing more than a clusterfuck and thin air in terms of usability and adoption but back then did you know what pushed the price foward? Potential. What if. FOMO. This is not a regular sh*tcoin bubble, people really want to invest in it and know they are getting it cheap but that doesn't mean Ethereum is the real thing either.

Bitcoin is the reason for ether's existance. No bitcoin = no ether. Dont get cocky just because your coin is doing well.

It's not my coin that's the thing, I'm not a Bitcoin fanatic, I appreciate its unique technology and complete disruptive idea but I'm one of the worst critics here which of course is a sea of fanboys. In many ways I agree with Hearn statement but I can see there's still value in Bitcoin, it's a great internet vault or refuge like gold was (still is but hey, we are a different generation). But for the rest it has failed, its adoptability is atrocious and as a payment method is laughable, no common person will touch it with so many other options like CCs, Paypal, etc. Of course crazy loonies will jump and talk about privacy and stuff like that, yeah people are very worried about that, ask Snowden...they don't give a sh*t.

Now, ETH might be a bubble (like I said, I don't care, I'll make money either way) but I also think there are companies buying ether, this is not the usual P&D, it's seems more than that, this could really be the next Bitcoin because it doesn't have its stigma plus it's a much bigger platform that if implemented can change how online business and companies/banks work, it can actually become a standard, which Bitcoin has failed time & again, it will never be adopted by big companies because of its bad image which we can all agree it doesn't deserve.
Activity: 583
Merit: 503
Sold too early too; bought in at 0,0098BTC and sold at 0,0129BTC, resulting in 25% profit. But I'm not touching ETH even with a broomstick at this point due to 'too fast' rising value. Might regret jumping too soon off this train; current value 0,014, leaving established altcoin LTC completely in the dust.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
I bought the ICO which paid off great. It's one of the only ones I have ever bought. Something about it seemed great. ETH is pretty expensive now. even if it goes to 1 billion you're only making 400% profit and such a huge gamble.

I like BTC also so I'm keeping it.

What's I'm doing is moving my USD into $EXP. It looks to be a top quality clone of Ethereum. If it could even get to 1% of what Ethereum is then that would be a MASSIVE profit! I think the odds EXP get's popular are pretty high so definitely that's what I'm buying right now. With Ethereum going PoS I think that makes it even easier for EXP to be really secure and useful.

EXP is on Poloniex and bittrex.

I have ETH & BTC already so now I want EXP.

Made some profitable moves there  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

It's still only a fourteenth of Bitcoin's marketcap.

Pr.lly go to a quarter and then correct. Ergo 0.25 / 0.0625 = 400% gain from here still to go.

The fact that volumes have dropped by 1/4 is a sign that this bull rally has ended.

They haven't.

The last 4-hours volume on Polo was an equal record and today has seen the highest 1-hour volume for ETH all year.

Jump to: