Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 112. (Read 198796 times)

legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
This is just the beginning.  And those who support ethereum now will be the new elite.  Good luck with your close-minded naysaying, it sounds all too familiar.

I'll believe this when I see proper sell volume, so I could measure the market depth and therefore speculate how long this pump can go further. When a light market like the ETH market rises without any real selling pressure, then the final fall will be quick and deep.
There are 77mil. ETH out there, and this low sell volume just won't give you an idea how the market will react if someone decides to sell a proper bulk. The alt markets are riskier to play, so you have to be more careful when placing your bets. It's smarter to buy at 10$, after it has fallen from 20$ and settled, then to buy at the top with 4$, after a low volume spike upwards. Placing blind bets like these can make you money if you have luck, but luck always runs out in the long run.

I really like the concept of ETH, but it just isn't smart holding right now before the support is properly tested. I'll keep my fingers crossed that ETH won't experience the same pattern as many other cryptos - quick rise up, and then slow and boring bleed down. This is the most painful scenario for a trader.
I'm quite anxious to get back in, but not before the market looks healthier. Never let FoMO force your decisions, because when playing crypto markets, then there will be new opportunities with crazy gains for many years to come Smiley
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
0.2 until 12 hours... .....it´s ...... crazy
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
This thing is starting to look like the last LTC pump to me. 0.001 increases first every 3-5 days, picking up speed to every other day and now twice in two days. It will probably go another 0.001 today once or twice to make the ultimate peak and than drop back in one signle candle to 0.006.

Same happened to LTC. 0.004 every few days, picking up speed only to drop below half of it's value in a single candle.
brand new
Activity: 0
The people crying, 'It's going to dump!', 'Cant go much higher!', and then talk about all this TA bullshit make my day, each and every day. I've held Eth for a damn long time and have not considered ONCE to get rid of anything.

But honestly, we need these people. They are the ones that feed the accounts of the people who are patient and wiser.

lol, "wiser"... Translation; making impulse buys just... because, in a market set out to screw you, without so much as a plan where or when to say enough is enough. But I know you'll do just fine. You bought the absolute bottom and will inevitably sell the highest of highs but only tell your story after the fact, amirite?

Things bubbles are made of.

Invincibility...

Whatever floats your boat in convincing yourself your making the right decisions trying to pick tops in a longer term uptrend. I'm not worried about trying to prove anything, simply stating the fact that there are so many people trying to call the top while failing miserably time and time again, is this 'wise' to you? amirite? (See what I did there...)
legendary
Activity: 876
The lack of noticeable selling pressure is disturbing. I need some serious testing of support to trust this market again :/
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
The people crying, 'It's going to dump!', 'Cant go much higher!', and then talk about all this TA bullshit make my day, each and every day. I've held Eth for a damn long time and have not considered ONCE to get rid of anything.

But honestly, we need these people. They are the ones that feed the accounts of the people who are patient and wiser.

lol, "wiser"... Translation; making impulse buys just... because, in a market set out to screw you, without so much as a plan where or when to say enough is enough. But I know you'll do just fine. You bought the absolute bottom and will inevitably sell the highest of highs but only tell your story after the fact, amirite?

Invincibility...

Whatever floats your boat in convincing yourself your making the right decisions trying to pick tops in a longer term uptrend. I'm not worried about trying to prove anything, simply stating the fact that there are so many people trying to call the top while failing miserably time and time again, is this 'wise' to you? amirite? (See what I did there...)

No, urdoingitwrong
Calling tops or not, I locked in my profit, that is all that matters. So, yes, it is a wise move. Would I buy now? Not an effing chance in hell. There is a fine line between being a disciplined trader and being flat out careless. When you let greed take over, it skews your perception. I'll just wait for my chance and short it back down to Earth.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
This is the game of the whales, but this is exactly what happened with Bitcoin, it was a joke until it wasn't. I wasn't around at that time but I'm sure the comments on its way up must've been hilarious. Ethereum is not another Bitcoin clone, I don't understand much about it but no one can't deny it is completely unpredictable in its potential and that's one of the best features an investment like this could have.

Now, for getting rich, that's another history, one would really need to put in at least 10k at around 600 and wish for it to hit 10-$20 or something like that really, I don't know how much could sustain that kind of pressure.

I seem to recall comments just like these, that Bitcoin would go up to $10,000. Sometimes, you need to know when you've had enough of a good thing.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary

Invincibility...
brand new
Activity: 0

legendary
Activity: 1568
I'm really starting to believe the same, they don't know when something is real, I don't blame them they've seen too many sh*tcoins and P&D for years. I'm not saying the ETH hype is 100% real but really, it's very easy to explain, the potential for the project is amazing and Bitcoin is complete stagnation right now, it's going nowhere other than for being used as a gateway or investment refuge (like gold).

I swear these people would've denied Bitcoin or sold at $2 five years ago...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Yeah, I cannot believe how ETH has took off. I have been expecting it to dump since it first hit over 500k sat. Every time I think it is going down it goes higher. Fortunately I have been able to buy back in most of what I sold, by trying to watch for peaks to sell into and not get too greedy when buying back the dips, but I have still left several hundred stranded at lower prices. I suppose if/when th ebig crash happens i can get back in. Since I mine most of my ETH I don't feel too bad, as I like to cash out my electric bills once in awhile anyway and let the rest ride.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
looks like the ETH rocket to the moon is not going to stop now

looks like it.
All though most of these coins has value of their own, can skyrocket anytime and can be traded on exchange sites, I still think only one coin will rule them all and still bitcoin for me. 
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
looks like the ETH rocket to the moon is not going to stop now
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Perhaps it's a real shift, from the old guard (BTC) to the new?...

https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/02/09/cut-and-try-building-a-dream/
"The implicit promise of upgrading Bitcoin was to prove feasibility in a sidechain for a chance to have the functionality merged back into the reference client. This promise has yet to be fulfilled and the result is a proliferation of external experimentation. Although much hullabaloo has been made about “the developer that quit bitcoin“, obviously the Bitcoin community isn’t dead, nor is its intrinsic use as a scarce digital resource valueless. Satoshi is a hero for recognising how to string several technologies together to create a truth protocol that no one explicitly controls. But the dream for Bitcoin to be the only transformative technology has been dead for a long time. We should instead embrace our new reality and look forward to all the possibilities that this important first attempt enabled."

BTC vs ETH as of NOW ---- its a no brainer...move or atleast put 80% of your BTC into ETH.  As I'm writing this, its hitting an all time high .01197497
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
I and all my group put ALL of our BTC into ETH.......made over 4x....someone on this board is hating hard on ETH so when it dips (which is rarely), I just RELOAD

legendary
Activity: 1568

"The implicit promise of upgrading Bitcoin was to prove feasibility in a sidechain for a chance to have the functionality merged back into the reference client. This promise has yet to be fulfilled and the result is a proliferation of external experimentation. Although much hullabaloo has been made about “the developer that quit bitcoin“, obviously the Bitcoin community isn’t dead, nor is its intrinsic use as a scarce digital resource valueless. Satoshi is a hero for recognising how to string several technologies together to create a truth protocol that no one explicitly controls. But the dream for Bitcoin to be the only transformative technology has been dead for a long time. We should instead embrace our new reality and look forward to all the possibilities that this important first attempt enabled."

Right, because ETH makes sense from a transactional, monetary lens... :eyeroll:

It doesn't make sense because they are very different technologies, I don't understand much but check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j23HnORQXvs
Activity: 179
Damnit what are you waiting for?! Buy!! It's a new bubble!!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

Right, because ETH makes sense from a transactional, monetary lens... :eyeroll:
Activity: 150
caeruleum arca archa

Jump to: