Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 72. (Read 198796 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
What do you guys think is the target for ETH for 2017? I think we'll hit 0.1 BTC
Activity: 268
That article is interesting regarding Ethereums price and how it can help fund the company for quite a few years.
I would imagine companies invested and investing into Ethereum know this, so perhaps they are "funding" Ethereum
so to speak by buying the Ether, with this intention...

Well a similar thing happened with Bitcoin, maybe not quite as direct but companies like Circle, Xapo, Coinbase really started the whole Bitcoin "bubble" and interest back then, that's a fact.

Wasn't the 2013 bubble start before any of those companies had traction or even started?
I thought Gox problems and the Chinese started the bubble, well along with regular interest.

The 2013 waves up was clearly the result of the late-2012 halving ... as much as everyone wants to deny it, overshoot and a positive feedback between price-rising and perception-of-future-price demand explains the rest.

The effect of halving this time will be less than 4 years ago. As the existing coins are much more.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
That is why I said;

It is impossible to separate the influence of first halving from the influence of asic miners.

If you think about your response to this; hopefully you will understand the rest of my last post.

You; must; enlighten; me; for; I; am; so; very; dim.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1035
Does anyone know when Bitfinex will introduce ETH shorting and margins?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
FMP ( for most people )
Show them an exchange rate between two unknowns as a number, and ask them if it will go up or down; they will tell you they don't know. 

Show them a chart depicting the last 6 hrs showing a drop and ask them again; they will tell you it will go down. 

Show them a chart depecting the last month showing an uptrend; they will tell you it will go up. 

chart droppers think everyone is chattel

Schopenhauer said; Everyone takes the limit of their own field of vision as the limit of the world.  He didn't realize why Socrates was wise.

Cause and effect do not need to be concurrent. The symptoms of syphilis can present decades after a person is infected, for example. The transmission of force can be swift or it can be slow.

That is why I said;

It is impossible to separate the influence of first halving from the influence of asic miners.

If you think about your response to this; hopefully you will understand the rest of my last post.
legendary
FMP ( for most people )
Show them an exchange rate between two unknowns as a number, and ask them if it will go up or down; they will tell you they don't know. 

Show them a chart depicting the last 6 hrs showing a drop and ask them again; they will tell you it will go down. 

Show them a chart depecting the last month showing an uptrend; they will tell you it will go up. 

Schopenhauer said; Everyone takes the limit of their own field of vision as the limit of the world.  He didn't realize why Socrates was wise.

Cause and effect do not need to be concurrent. The symptoms of syphilis can present decades after a person is infected, for example. The transmission of force can be swift or it can be slow.

I'm not sure why Schopenhauer is making us a visit, or what "chart droppers think everyone is chattel" is meant to signify.
legendary
The price didn't move concurrently with first halving; it much more closely matched the shipment of gen1 avalons.  It is impossible to separate the influence of first halving from the influence of asic miners.

Concurrency - or Fisher-Price relationships for ages 1-3.

FMP ( for most people )

legendary
The price didn't move concurrently with first halving; it much more closely matched the shipment of gen1 avalons.  It is impossible to separate the influence of first halving from the influence of asic miners.

Concurrency - or Fisher-Price relationships for ages 1-3.
legendary
That article is interesting regarding Ethereums price and how it can help fund the company for quite a few years.
I would imagine companies invested and investing into Ethereum know this, so perhaps they are "funding" Ethereum

Well a similar thing happened with Bitcoin, maybe not quite as direct but companies like Circle, Xapo, Coinbase really started the whole Bitcoin "bubble" and interest back then, that's a fact.

Wasn't the 2013 bubble start before any of those companies had traction or even started?
I thought Gox problems and the Chinese started the bubble, well along with regular interest.

The 2013 waves up was clearly the result of the late-2012 halving ... as much as everyone wants to deny it, overshoot and a positive feedback between price-rising and perception-of-future-price demand explains the rest.

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

legendary
Activity: 1568

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
legendary
I think this recent rampage can touch 0.03 and more but it will most definitely come back down to 0.027-28 once the Coinbase hype wears off. I think many here would have to accept that ETH was no huge bubble and it's here to stay (it did had a lot of bull traps I agree). I would be very surprised if it doesn't reach $20 sometime during this year.

legendary
Lol Bitcoiners had a "good" day after all the agony that's still ahead and like to pick a bad day based on fake news, the price is already recovering and should touch 0.03 again during the weekend. We'll see where BTC and ETH are by the end of the year...

lol good luck with that. I have a target of around 0.016-0.018 for this.

Guess we are both out of luck if we were expecting cheap ETH by now...
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
i don't think bitcoin will go extinct but eth will gradually start to over take it in market dominance in the years to come, but it may take many years before this happens

Or they could just co-exist, seeing as BTC is a deflationary token, and ETH is an inflationary one.
Activity: 86
i don't think bitcoin will go extinct but eth will gradually start to over take it in market dominance in the years to come, but it may take many years before this happens
legendary
If BTC goes down its taking everything with it - no matter how much an altcoin distances itself its still a altcoin.

Well then we're all fucked because I can almost guarantee Bitcoin is going down. But thinking a little more about I think companies will just flee from the crypto industry altogether so even if Ethereum is perceived as the opposite, they won't touch it either...I'm talking about the big ones like Circle, Xapo, Coinbase...you'll see how fast the sword swings, many startups are acknowledging the fight is over and moving on.

There is 1.2 exahash of asic powering the Network.  Bitcoin isn't going anywhere. 
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
If BTC goes down its taking everything with it - no matter how much an altcoin distances itself its still a altcoin.

Well then we're all fucked because I can almost guarantee Bitcoin is going down.

Bitcoin "price" may go down. Bitcoin won't.  Cool
legendary

Well then we're all fucked because I can almost guarantee Bitcoin is going down. But thinking a little more about I think companies will just flee from the crypto industry altogether so even if Ethereum is perceived as the opposite, they won't touch it either...I'm talking about the big ones like Circle, Xapo, Coinbase...you'll see how fast the sword swings, many startups are acknowledging the fight is over and moving on.
Pages:
Jump to: