Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 71. (Read 198796 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Back to ETH: price is currently taking a nosedive, spurred by the BTC pump, but also favoured by the technicals. Should be looking for support around .023, then .020 if it fails. I still suspect my target will be met, but we'll see.

The price of Ethereum has risen due to the dump of bitcoin. So it is a good trading pair at the moment.

The bitcoin price is $415 now and the Ethereum price is 0.029. The Etheruem dollar is quite stable at present.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Back to ETH: price is currently taking a nosedive, spurred by the BTC pump, but also favoured by the technicals. Should be looking for support around .023, then .020 if it fails. I still suspect my target will be met, but we'll see.

The price of Ethereum has risen due to the dump of bitcoin. So it is a good trading pair at the moment.

lecturing a hero account here ?

Name:    mastica
Activity:    11
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    November 22, 2015, 01:04:05 AM
Activity: 938
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

I bought some on this drop too but I think it's just correcting due to BTC pump, the price in US dollars didn't change that much to be honest. If BTC keeps pumping hard then I think we'll definitely see sub .02 which would be a great chance to get in.

Big rebound today on the NYT article, .0204 may have been the bottom after all.  Cry
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
No one is suggesting microsoft is buying Ether.

Even if they never do ETH price will still continue to rise massively.

Bull fucking shit!

I was banned from poloniex for disputing this deitful comment being said on Polo for weeks (if not months)

YOU ARE ALWAYS FULL OF SHIT STOAT

It was also posted here multiple times too.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

Ethereum.

Not Even Once.

AHHAHAH smoke mad rocks or meth + huffing his ETH ROFL  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
It's time to switch from ETH to BTC.

ETH will not go over its ATH in a looong time. Bitcoin has some great months coming ahead.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
The price of Ethereum is dropping against bitcoin. It seems people are move out of Ethereum and into bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

I bought some on this drop too but I think it's just correcting due to BTC pump, the price in US dollars didn't change that much to be honest. If BTC keeps pumping hard then I think we'll definitely see sub .02 which would be a great chance to get in.
legendary
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I did spend a lot on those USB thingies. I remember I bought my first one for something insane like $700!
But I spent cash on the miners, and kept the bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
That article is interesting regarding Ethereums price and how it can help fund the company for quite a few years.
I would imagine companies invested and investing into Ethereum know this, so perhaps they are "funding" Ethereum
so to speak by buying the Ether, with this intention...

Well a similar thing happened with Bitcoin, maybe not quite as direct but companies like Circle, Xapo, Coinbase really started the whole Bitcoin "bubble" and interest back then, that's a fact.

Wasn't the 2013 bubble start before any of those companies had traction or even started?
I thought Gox problems and the Chinese started the bubble, well along with regular interest.

The 2013 waves up was clearly the result of the late-2012 halving ... as much as everyone wants to deny it, overshoot and a positive feedback between price-rising and perception-of-future-price demand explains the rest.

The price didn't move concurrently with first halving; it much more closely matched the shipment of gen1 avalons.  It is impossible to separate the influence of first halving from the influence of asic miners.

Good observation. However the majority of miners of the first ASICs were hodling what they mined, thus starving the market about as much as a halving would. It's still the same thing fundamentally. It wasn't until people needed to pay their electricity bills that they would mine and dump.
I was one of the first ASIC miners. I still have everything I mined.

Almost everyone I know who ordered an Avalon, spent a lot on subsequent batches of avalons.  Same with am blades and usb erupters.  I did not notice a holding sentiment until it became clear BFL would not deliver most orders in 2013.  For most this was in July 2013 a year after pre ordering. 
Activity: 102
What do you guys think is the target for ETH for 2017? I think we'll hit 0.1 BTC
ETH will go higher for sure especially when they fully switch to POS mode then yes people will be holding more and more
so the price will hit hight maybe up to 0.2 and beyond.

The cost of PoS is lower than PoW. So people will tend to sell the coins. The price might go lower because of that.
legendary
Good observation. However the majority of miners of the first ASICs were hodling what they mined, thus starving the market about as much as a halving would. It's still the same thing fundamentally. It wasn't until people needed to pay their electricity bills that they would mine and dump.

The price increasing was the encouragement for miners to hold. I just checked the first bubble after the halving, and hashrate increased by about x3 from when the first ASIC shipped, whereas price increased by about x14. GPU mining would therefore have been at least four and a half times more profitable.

Btw, I guess you sold your account then?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
SynqCrypto Team
What do you guys think is the target for ETH for 2017? I think we'll hit 0.1 BTC
ETH will go higher for sure especially when they fully switch to POS mode then yes people will be holding more and more
so the price will hit hight maybe up to 0.2 and beyond.
Activity: 112
That article is interesting regarding Ethereums price and how it can help fund the company for quite a few years.
I would imagine companies invested and investing into Ethereum know this, so perhaps they are "funding" Ethereum

Well a similar thing happened with Bitcoin, maybe not quite as direct but companies like Circle, Xapo, Coinbase really started the whole Bitcoin "bubble" and interest back then, that's a fact.

Wasn't the 2013 bubble start before any of those companies had traction or even started?
I thought Gox problems and the Chinese started the bubble, well along with regular interest.

The 2013 waves up was clearly the result of the late-2012 halving ... as much as everyone wants to deny it, overshoot and a positive feedback between price-rising and perception-of-future-price demand explains the rest.

The price didn't move concurrently with first halving; it much more closely matched the shipment of gen1 avalons.  It is impossible to separate the influence of first halving from the influence of asic miners.

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

It will be between 0.01 to 0.1.

That is a very large range. I think it will be between 0.05 to 0.1. It might even go higher than 0.2.
Activity: 355

It will be between 0.01 to 0.1.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100

It depend on the further developments of the coin. If it has, then it will go to 0.1 or 0.5 of bitcoin. If not, it will be 0.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo

The effect of halving this time will be less than 4 years ago. As the existing coins are much more.

... there's too many other variables in play to say this definitively. Mostly it depends how much the current supply of new coins is affecting price on the margin, miners do a lot more dumping of new coins these days than they did in 2012 is my impression.
Pages:
Jump to: