Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum fork for short term profit? - page 2. (Read 514 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 10
January 19, 2019, 06:36:31 AM
like now I won't expect short-term profits, but I will be more patient waiting for some time to come with a better ethereum price increase, because ethereum is also a good altcoin in the future.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 268
Graphic & Motion Designer
January 19, 2019, 06:33:57 AM
I don't think this fork will give a huge effect and can give you a short term real profit. However investing in Ethereum is not totally bad, it is a solid project, and after this fork which is an upgrade I think more adoption will come for Ethereum.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
January 19, 2019, 04:52:10 AM
You can do that.

You just have to be quick and don't ever be greedy. Because when greed starts to attract you, it will make your expectation higher and its possible that you're going to wait for a bit longer just to take higher profit. We don't know on how much ethereum will take after the fork but I'm  long term to it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
January 19, 2019, 04:39:08 AM
Disclaimer: I already own 15 or so different altcoins for long term hold, that won’t sell for several years.

I’m looking to purchase before the fork, investing maybe $1k, for a short term profit. Hoping the prices rises, I can sell before the dump. If there is the drop in price, these can also be held longer term until profitable.

Thoughts?
Perhaps there is logic in this but risk is also present, in any case, I suggest to wait when in February will tell you the exact dates for the hard fork, then you can convert your altcoins into Ethereum. Be careful, I wish you good luck.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 546
Monday Hit Me Every week
January 19, 2019, 03:08:15 AM
I think its better t keep that 1k you have for backup because cryptocurrency as now becom a strange haven for investment ,I'm personally wating for a way out to get my hands on some cash to keep just in case something goes wrong

I think this will be difficult after what happened at the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2018, although Ethereum continues to experience development but the development in terms of development to realistic is only a concept. this will make new investors and experienced investors think twice about investing.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
January 19, 2019, 03:01:56 AM
I think its better t keep that 1k you have for backup because cryptocurrency as now becom a strange haven for investment ,I'm personally wating for a way out to get my hands on some cash to keep just in case something goes wrong
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
January 19, 2019, 02:15:46 AM
Disclaimer: I already own 15 or so different altcoins for long term hold, that won’t sell for several years.

I’m looking to purchase before the fork, investing maybe $1k, for a short term profit. Hoping the prices rises, I can sell before the dump. If there is the drop in price, these can also be held longer term until profitable.

Thoughts?

Use your $ 1k for back up fund, when something goes wrong use it to fix not buy another coins for invest/ trade. Hard to say when people use all asset because that is wrong need wise mindset about money management for the worst. People will suggest you with bitcoin, xrp or ltc but not me. Use it for recovery is better step before nightmare comes to you.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
January 19, 2019, 02:03:17 AM
Usually there will be a pumping before the forking, unfortunately this time the rising stop earlier and got a correction, and I don't think buying because of forking is a good idea, it's like a gambling because we know that once the forking happen people will sell the coin immediately and it will cause the price fall down quickly
Strangely, no branching has been planned yet, what branching are we talking about? Forks ETCV and ETN turned out to be fraud, and Constantinople is five different improvements for ethereum and no new coin will be formed. Moreover, until these improvements have been delayed due to the discovery of a serious vulnerability, called a re-entry attack, which resulted in theft of funds.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
January 19, 2019, 01:04:56 AM
Usually there will be a pumping before the forking, unfortunately this time the rising stop earlier and got a correction, and I don't think buying because of forking is a good idea, it's like a gambling because we know that once the forking happen people will sell the coin immediately and it will cause the price fall down quickly
Activity: 387
January 19, 2019, 01:00:47 AM
Yes, I think this hardfork will be a short-term profit for investors. And I see the price of Ethereum now too low, so after Hardfork the price of Ethereum will probably be strong and stable again.
Yoo
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
January 19, 2019, 12:40:16 AM
In my opinion Ethereum Hardfork doesn't have a big influence on the increase in the price of Ethereum. besides, for now the price of Ethereum still tends to be stable. And I think it would be better if you buy Ethereum for long-term investment.
Activity: 581
Merit: 250
January 19, 2019, 12:14:28 AM
I hope the ethereum fork isn't just for a short term profit. And right now the price of ethereum are still low, it should be a good time to purchase and keep them until it rise.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
January 18, 2019, 11:53:39 PM
If you plan to hold the altcoin in your hands for a long time, you must always pay attention to the development of the project, because if the project does not have any development, the token you hold may be zero.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
January 18, 2019, 11:46:27 PM
this is the right time to buy ETH and hold it until Hardfork happens, yesterday HF ETH was postponed and caused ETH prices to down, now I am sure if later on HF happens the ETH price will go up again, then you can get short term profit Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
January 18, 2019, 10:39:39 PM
what you think and which would you rather do not effect conferring good. take a look at that fork on the ethereum unreliable as something promising and even increase that crap anyway. It takes much longer to resist in order to get better results and even the time you the verdict to get too late so it naturally shorter term also to no avail.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 18, 2019, 08:29:44 PM
maybe for the short term, we can see the movement of the etherum in the last week and the current situation. this shows that the unstable east shows an increase, so the hard fork has not had a significant effect on the price of coins in the market. surely it will take longer after the hard fork to rise, for example 6-9 months after the hard fork.
Activity: 798
January 18, 2019, 08:25:18 PM

Thoughts?

I think its good to hold for long term. Ethereum fork postponed because security issue and i think its good oppotunity for buying because the price is cheap. Altcoin with good product and good development is good to hold for long term and i think it will profitable
Activity: 512
January 18, 2019, 07:34:00 PM
There was a pump of ETH on the rumor of the fork but we could not see the price of ETH in full potential as the fork has been postponed. Long term ETH will recover for sure and regain it`s earlier market positions in terms of market share.
Activity: 462
January 18, 2019, 01:16:59 PM
Invest or not your decision. The only problem is. what wakes growth. If you invest only in good coins, even in the short term, you can earn good money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
January 18, 2019, 12:37:23 PM
There would not be any new coin guys, hope everyone understands that. The whole Ethereum community has accepted the Constantinople hardfork and there would not be any split. The price will go up directly after the hardfork, but it is delayed one more time anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: