Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum fork for short term profit? - page 3. (Read 514 times)

copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 18, 2019, 12:34:56 PM
Waiting to buy after the fork is a risky strategy because it might rise higher between now and then, the dip could be a small one and you won't get in at a good price
Activity: 446
Merit: 12
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO
January 18, 2019, 12:32:46 PM
Disclaimer: I already own 15 or so different altcoins for long term hold, that won’t sell for several years.

I’m looking to purchase before the fork, investing maybe $1k, for a short term profit. Hoping the prices rises, I can sell before the dump. If there is the drop in price, these can also be held longer term until profitable.

Thoughts?

Hoping that when a fork happens the price will go up that is a long thought. The average person will "Buy the rumor, sell the news" so when the event fork happens, the price may be a dump, because they will sell. So the right moment is when fork information is spread at that time. If the price is below the purchase price, it is better for long-term gold, the average coin fork does have good potential
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
January 18, 2019, 11:39:50 AM
Why not make it tentative plan? Unnoticeable Short term can also be long term holding because of patiently waiting and being busy doing other things. Short term can also be another problem if you want to push it at this market circumstances. Better have some plan A,B,C to be prepared of unexpected things to come.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
January 18, 2019, 11:29:03 AM
The fork of Ethereum passed, but there was no significant price increase. Perhaps this is due to the general market conditions.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
January 18, 2019, 11:26:02 AM
I don't like to speculate on forks but Eth still has a very low price so I think if you want to invest in Ethereum this can be a good idea if you can hold for longterm.
The fork of ethereum can be speculated consider it will decrease the inflation and then it may become a very suitable reason to create a short term profit.
But this is sustainable development and those speculators must remember about this because this is really important.
Activity: 271
January 18, 2019, 09:51:53 AM
If you traded Ethereum two weeks before fork you could made good profit in short term, but now, I recommend to sell Ethereum because there are some problems connected with delayed hard-fork.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
January 18, 2019, 09:51:45 AM
Disclaimer: I already own 15 or so different altcoins for long term hold, that won’t sell for several years.

I’m looking to purchase before the fork, investing maybe $1k, for a short term profit. Hoping the prices rises, I can sell before the dump. If there is the drop in price, these can also be held longer term until profitable.

Thoughts?

You can trade daily with relatively small profits. but you can avoid big losses. yes this is only a way that I do to circumvent every situation in this uncertain turmoil.
or you can be able to do other activities but of course experience is very necessary.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
January 18, 2019, 09:50:31 AM
The hardfork has been delayed due to the vulnerability revealing, so the last growing from 85 up to 160 is over I guess. It seems that 1k for BTC is not that unachievable and if it'd be so ETH will drop below 60 for sure.
Because of that delayed, some bag holders will play again and try to shake the market, be very careful assessing the trend, the value of ETH can go down as there's no further announcement regarding to when the fork will take place, placing some entry around 70-80$ just incase pani holders will start selling their coins then wait till the value bounce back again.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 18, 2019, 09:50:09 AM
I don't like to speculate on forks but Eth still has a very low price so I think if you want to invest in Ethereum this can be a good idea if you can hold for longterm.
Activity: 294
January 18, 2019, 09:44:58 AM
It seems to me that in the short term you are unlikely to make a profit, the more, you will have to wait!
Activity: 1218
January 18, 2019, 09:32:00 AM
The hardfork has been delayed due to the vulnerability revealing, so the last growing from 85 up to 160 is over I guess. It seems that 1k for BTC is not that unachievable and if it'd be so ETH will drop below 60 for sure.
well we have almost the same thinking. but I think for the price of ETH there will be 80 and stay at 80 dollars for the lowest price. but if that happens it hurts a lot
Activity: 1960
Merit: 547
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
January 18, 2019, 09:23:30 AM
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
January 18, 2019, 09:12:30 AM
Ya, news about hardfork for altcoin that is make the traders have additional strategy, they are not thinking about the airdrop for holding coin. We can learnt about NXT's fork, which is make lot of NXT holder crying a whole years.
If you're not miner, don't thinking about hardfork. If you're just trader, you can using that moment for instant profit.
Activity: 107
January 18, 2019, 08:57:59 AM
The market is way too volatile, no such surge in the price is been witnessed so far, Looking into short term expect is not a cool choice as most of the currencies are falling! The better option is to hold what you have in your kitty instead of going for the pump and dump in this crazy market.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 18, 2019, 08:54:25 AM
It is risky to invest in Ethereum for short term. You will lose a huge amount because after the fork, price will drop drastically. However, if you are thinking of long term, Ethereum is a good choice from the current price because it is huge undervalued for now. In a bullish market, it may go up 10x from the current price.
Activity: 504
January 18, 2019, 08:52:28 AM
it's better to buy now when the price is low for me. Even if it goes down, I still buy at a low price and can only save for future profits. If I don't buy, and the price goes up, I've missed AND the price is now higher when I want to buy.
Activity: 526
markaccy.io
January 18, 2019, 08:48:54 AM
Hardfork is a scary thing. this is indicated by the decline in current eth prices.
hardfork this time only repairs the network and does not provide airdrop as usual.
Activity: 616
January 18, 2019, 08:37:10 AM
Of course, the plans were quite normal, that is, to start investing in ETH as it was before and then sell forks that would really start to go up. But nothing like this happened, because investors simply left the market.
Activity: 807
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
January 15, 2019, 02:07:11 PM
I can say that now you should not invest your money in altcoins. I think that prices will be even lower in a month
Activity: 44
January 15, 2019, 02:06:31 PM
My reasoning: it is better to purchase now when the price is low for me. Even if it drops, I still purchased at a low price and can just hold for profit in future. If I don’t buy, and the price rises, I’ve missed out AND the price is now higher for when I want to buy.
Pages:
Jump to: