Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Hard fork (constantinople) on 16th january 2019 - page 6. (Read 1666 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Found this article on crypt potato... They arr talking about 3 hardforks of ethereum

"Classic Vision Hard Fork – 11 Jan 2019: All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV for each ETH in their wallets.
Ethereum Nowa Fork – 12 Jan 2019: Each ETH holder receives ETN in the ratio of 1:1 for free.
Constantinople Fork – 16 Jan 2019 (or earlier) Constantinople Mainnet hard fork scheduled for block #7080000: The Constantinople Mainnet hard fork is arguably the most significant fork because it is a big component of Ethereum’s transition from using a proof of work protocol to proof of stake."

Source: https://cryptopotato.com/hot-january-for-ethereum-the-three-hard-forks-you-should-know-about
Activity: 228
Merit: 101
NEM (XEM) Top Coin
I think before and after this hardfork we will have +5% & -5% in price change.. the price doesn't have very affected exactly
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
I don't believe in all those so called fork routine. It has just turned to an avenue for some greedy devs to make money out of thin air. It's becoming very rampant in this industry. From one fork to another.
Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
So far, I think Constantinople will not affect the price of Ethereum, today unfortunately broke the support line and rather more likely to go again to look for the bottom
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
One improvement included in this upgrade is EIP 1234 [Constantinople Difficulty Bomb Delay and Block Reward Adjustment]. This is the proposal that has been garnering the most attention and to which i am also fascinated about. This new update reduces the mining reward from 3 ETH to 2 ETH which will reduce the yearly inflation of the coin. The goal of this is ultimately to drive the price higher, as we know that when there is less of something it becomes worth more.
I look forward to this upgrade, that it may benefit all the Ethereum enthusiasts most especially the investors.
Activity: 662
Merit: 250
Can someone recommend good article about this hardfork to me? I want to know more technical details. Thank you.
Activity: 588
it seems to me that the price may even sink even more strongly as the mining is already unprofitable right now
Now this can not be, usually it is always the other way around and today the market demonstrates it, because the market today is definitely trying to invest its time and money in the project. ETH is a strong project that will live for a long time.
Activity: 182
it seems to me that the price may even sink even more strongly as the mining is already unprofitable right now
For sure it will affect the price of ethereum because many people are trying to participate in the upcoming hard fork. So many people are buying ethereum from now, until the said fork date.
Many people today still invest in ETH, because ETH in January will have serious prices, I am sure that today many investors will have the opportunity to invest in ETH, because today there are very cheap prices for coins.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
I am hope what its happened finally at 16th January, how we know dev team leave for him alarm switch which can postpone update if something going wrong
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
The future of ETH is dependent on the upcoming hark fork. I hope there is something positive for ETH because with me ETH seems to have come to the bottom and it can die, If ETH is like BTC, the next hark fork will make ETH go down below $ 50
Activity: 518
As far as I know, the Constantinople hard fork wiil consist of updates that improve Ethereum’s features and will move it to a Proof of Stake (PoS) model. Moreover, with PoS, the inflation could drop to around 0.5–1% on the network.
Activity: 294
eth devs has planned a hardfork on 16th jan to halve the block reward of eth to controll the inflation.. what do you think how it is gonna effect the eth price plus sholud we hold some eth for the fork
This hardfork will surely have a positive influence also on the development of ethereum.
At least that is my opinion about the hardfork.
I am looking forward to it and can hardly wait for it.
Activity: 812
if indeed it is good then it is better to buy ETH from now because when it is near hardfork the price will tend to rise because of the many who buy, and this is a good opportunity to follow from now on.
Activity: 662
I think that many are waiting for this event. I hope that everything will be successful and the update will finally happen. This can have a positive effect on the price.
what changes could be positive for the  price in your opinion? I think lowering of reward for miners is one of the crucials changes. Inflation will decrease and in long term this will be good for the price.
Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator
Is this just another FORK or this is the said ETHEREUM 2.0?
I hope this one will pull the ETH price in the market to a good one.
unlike the BCH FORK that made the price fall huge.
Not yet but as soon as possible, this’s a open beginning of ethereum 2.0 and hardfork is just take a step function for the mass-adoption more consensus PoS and a stability the ecosystem.

I think the Hardfork is mostly Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs) describe standards for the Ethereum platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards.

Next meeting Agenda Devs
Activity: 686
Merit: 227
I think that many are waiting for this event. I hope that everything will be successful and the update will finally happen. This can have a positive effect on the price.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
For sure it will affect the price of ethereum because many people are trying to participate in the upcoming hard fork. So many people are buying ethereum from now, until the said fork date.
You can't compare this with a bch fork. It is somethin anticipating for very long time.

And i am expecting a pump even it can trigger the bull market starts with bakkt and everything.
That's right, no one here will say anything about this, because now a bullish trend is already forming on the market, see for yourself. And the BAKKT information will only improve the situation on the market. Now it's best to do it this way, start investing.
Pages:
Jump to: