Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 13. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 13, 2016, 12:45:48 PM
I dont understand why people think Eth mining is not profitable. Unless you have very high electricity costs.

With 2 480s, I mine $4 a day worth of Eth. My electricity cost is $0.1/kwh. I pay about $0.5 dollar per day.

Even if you were paying $0.5/kwh you would STILL be making a profit of $1.50 per day.

And I am pretty sure nobody is paying $0.5 per kwh of electricity.

Most people do not have the RX 480, they have the 280X or the 390, they are more inefficient than the 480.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
September 13, 2016, 12:16:55 PM
I dont understand why people think Eth mining is not profitable. Unless you have very high electricity costs.

With 2 480s, I mine $4 a day worth of Eth. My electricity cost is $0.1/kwh. I pay about $0.5 dollar per day.

Even if you were paying $0.5/kwh you would STILL be making a profit of $1.50 per day.

And I am pretty sure nobody is paying $0.5 per kwh of electricity.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
September 13, 2016, 12:09:53 PM
So in order to male a profit you will have to live near a GPU factory or something so you won't pay shipping costs. Then you need good price on electricity and buy in bulk. Only the whales will make money or am I wrong ?
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
September 13, 2016, 03:35:37 AM
I've just built a rig with 6 rx 480 and i am currently mining ETH.. Profit is really low, i hope that something happens soon !

I guess it all depends on what your power costs you and what kind of profitability you expect. Right now ETH makes more sense than BTC when I look at the best use of the 24,000 watts worth of capacity I've got available. I'd never put all my eggs in one basket though. Just my opinion.

It is more profitable to mine the Ethereum than the bitcoin. But the profitability is dropping fast if your electricity price is high.
Activity: 324
September 12, 2016, 10:13:22 PM
I've just built a rig with 6 rx 480 and i am currently mining ETH.. Profit is really low, i hope that something happens soon !

I guess it all depends on what your power costs you and what kind of profitability you expect. Right now ETH makes more sense than BTC when I look at the best use of the 24,000 watts worth of capacity I've got available. I'd never put all my eggs in one basket though. Just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
September 12, 2016, 02:43:03 PM

How much hashes do you get from the rig ? what is your daily electricity cost ? I do not think ETH will go above $15. If you only focus on ETH then I think you will not make profit from it. Just my calculation. But if ETC can defuse diff bomb and ETC price goes high, you will get enough profit.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
September 12, 2016, 02:37:57 PM

If you think ETH mining is not profitable you should of tried mining with Bitcoin ASICs or with GPUs last year. Profits were like 1/4 of what they are today.
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
September 12, 2016, 02:31:11 PM
Activity: 70
September 12, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
Hi,  I normaly mine btc using bitmain hardware,  now I also consider to mine some eth or etc.  Whats currently the best videocards for mining?

The golden timing for mining the Etheruem has passed if the price does not increase further. It is not profitable for old cards.
I wounder how many people said the same thing when the diff rose in BTC.
"Damned, i am out of here because i can now only mine 50BTC per day with my crappy gpu"

Cheesy

The difficulty is rising fast. So if you are in the high electricity price area, and the Ethereum price does not rise, it is better not to invest in mining.

The difficulty is 71T now, it is another all time high. It seems the miners have come back from minining the Monero.
Activity: 568
September 11, 2016, 02:05:10 PM
Hi,  I normaly mine btc using bitmain hardware,  now I also consider to mine some eth or etc.  Whats currently the best videocards for mining?

The golden timing for mining the Etheruem has passed if the price does not increase further. It is not profitable for old cards.
"Damned, i am out of here because i can now only mine 50BTC per day with my crappy gpu"

Cheesy

The difficulty is rising fast. So if you are in the high electricity price area, and the Ethereum price does not rise, it is better not to invest in mining.
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
September 11, 2016, 01:13:42 PM

Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 11, 2016, 11:52:48 AM
Which mining cards do you think are the best value considering the residual value the GPU's will retain once they cease being profitable for just mining? In other words, what will an RX480 be worth 6 months from now as opposed to, say a R9 380, do you think?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
September 10, 2016, 03:15:58 PM

As I already have mentioned that profit of mining depends on a lot of things. If price goes up again, mining will be viable even for old cards
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
September 10, 2016, 12:56:54 PM

Activity: 396
Merit: 104
September 10, 2016, 03:20:22 AM

The best video card for mining is the AMD RX 480 or the nVidia 1070. Both are every efficient and AMD is cheaper.
Activity: 312
Merit: 111
September 09, 2016, 04:54:39 PM
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
September 09, 2016, 02:32:44 PM
Indeed been looking at the figures close to buying s9 what it makes on BTC a month to what an ETC/ETC rig can make and blows the generation away since the block reward half in july. No sign of an S9 banking its ROI any time soon. GPU mining on ETH and ETC is about 4 to 6 month brake even and now with the 480s coming out modded bios firmware it is going to be intresting if ETH or ETC goes POS. Wonder what will be next for gpu mining.
Maybe Zcash will be the next profitable coin..

Thats an idea, i've read on some of the ethereum forums that Monero might be another option... Curious to see how it turns out.

Maybe it can be worthfull i saw some of miner are mining eth for good maybe they get what the earnings they want so they continue to mine those, maybe also you should try it so you can find out to yourself that eth mining is worth it or not, and also i dont know what is the turn out of monero mining since i don't have any idea how profitable it was if we select to do so maybe we must do some backreads so we may know the status of monero mining profitability.

I mine both the ETH and ETC, whichever is more profitable as both prices are quite stable recently, not like a few weeks ago.

I expect the ETC price to crash a few days ago. But it did not crash at all. It seems there is strong support for that.

It seems the hacker will not be able to sell the ETC coins very soon. So there is possibility the ETC price will be maintained.

Not up on this but why can't he or she sell yet?
Activity: 210
September 09, 2016, 12:49:14 PM
Indeed been looking at the figures close to buying s9 what it makes on BTC a month to what an ETC/ETC rig can make and blows the generation away since the block reward half in july. No sign of an S9 banking its ROI any time soon. GPU mining on ETH and ETC is about 4 to 6 month brake even and now with the 480s coming out modded bios firmware it is going to be intresting if ETH or ETC goes POS. Wonder what will be next for gpu mining.

Thats an idea, i've read on some of the ethereum forums that Monero might be another option... Curious to see how it turns out.

Maybe it can be worthfull i saw some of miner are mining eth for good maybe they get what the earnings they want so they continue to mine those, maybe also you should try it so you can find out to yourself that eth mining is worth it or not, and also i dont know what is the turn out of monero mining since i don't have any idea how profitable it was if we select to do so maybe we must do some backreads so we may know the status of monero mining profitability.

I mine both the ETH and ETC, whichever is more profitable as both prices are quite stable recently, not like a few weeks ago.

I expect the ETC price to crash a few days ago. But it did not crash at all. It seems there is strong support for that.

It seems the hacker will not be able to sell the ETC coins very soon. So there is possibility the ETC price will be maintained.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 09, 2016, 04:28:54 AM

Activity: 102
September 08, 2016, 03:52:46 AM

Pages:
Jump to: