Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 11. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
October 01, 2016, 02:34:14 AM
Do not stick to a coin, mine what is profitable.If you do not have time dual mining and intelligent mining can be alternatives.If you do not have time do not waste your money.

That is many small miners do. They usually switch to the most profitable coins to mine. They just mine.

If many farmers switch all the time, then the profitability for the mining will be simlar, there is no need to switch.
Activity: 1039
Merit: 256
September 29, 2016, 02:54:17 AM
Do not stick to a coin, mine what is profitable.If you do not have time dual mining and intelligent mining can be alternatives.If you do not have time do not waste your money.

That is many small miners do. They usually switch to the most profitable coins to mine. They just mine.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
September 28, 2016, 04:39:53 PM
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
September 28, 2016, 02:29:50 PM
Ethereum is still profitable according to other people said ethereum is good to mine if you have a good rig and high speed GPU if your places is high electricity cost more than 0.10 cents per kwh better to dont mine because you are just wasting your work. .
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 28, 2016, 02:27:10 PM
Why you are stick in ETC honestly we don't i really dont know if we can believe to others about ETC if this is hack coin but its still in coinmarketcap in top 10 but its not like the same few months ago that the price is above 3 usd and now its 1 usd.
For me better to dont invest in ETC since every day i heard about ETC.. Ethereum is more good to invest than etc its just a clone..
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
September 28, 2016, 01:53:13 PM
is it profitable to mine with a AMD 7950 ? I mine ETH and ETC sometimes. ETH was my first profitable coin. But this current situation is making my mining more difficult. ETC or ETH , which one will be real king, which one will ruin , no one knows. People are confused. Miners will loose their faith on ETHEREUM
They say AMD graphic cards are better for mining, but with the ETC ETH question on which one will strive more than the other, no one can say only time will tell for that.

It is hard to tell right now what one will last so far eth price is stable and etc went down but both seam to have devs working on them..

I find ETH will fail in long run they have had alot of problems in last few months.

I can't trust eth for these days since many problems are floating unto it and also it came from a hack so i wonder how eth will bounce back since there is ETC has already been covered up their fame and i think its so risky to mine this coin since the bad happenings has just happened and maybe the trust for people for this coin has been decrease or replinish, and thats why for now maybe we should find another altcoin to mine.

Did you mix the ETC and ETH? The ETH has recovered from the hack and the hacker did not get anything out of it.
I am sure the last time I was reading the hacker still holds or possibly have moved them but still holds the etc from before the hack I could be wrong..

The hacker still got the ETC. He did not sell it. The volume of the ETC is less than 10,000 in the past few weeks.

It seems that the investors are not interested in the ETC. But that might be the quiteness before the storm.
Activity: 154
September 28, 2016, 03:50:53 AM
is it profitable to mine with a AMD 7950 ? I mine ETH and ETC sometimes. ETH was my first profitable coin. But this current situation is making my mining more difficult. ETC or ETH , which one will be real king, which one will ruin , no one knows. People are confused. Miners will loose their faith on ETHEREUM
They say AMD graphic cards are better for mining, but with the ETC ETH question on which one will strive more than the other, no one can say only time will tell for that.

It is hard to tell right now what one will last so far eth price is stable and etc went down but both seam to have devs working on them..

I find ETH will fail in long run they have had alot of problems in last few months.

I can't trust eth for these days since many problems are floating unto it and also it came from a hack so i wonder how eth will bounce back since there is ETC has already been covered up their fame and i think its so risky to mine this coin since the bad happenings has just happened and maybe the trust for people for this coin has been decrease or replinish, and thats why for now maybe we should find another altcoin to mine.

Did you mix the ETC and ETH? The ETH has recovered from the hack and the hacker did not get anything out of it.
I am sure the last time I was reading the hacker still holds or possibly have moved them but still holds the etc from before the hack I could be wrong..

The hacker still got the ETC. He did not sell it. The volume of the ETC is less than 10,000 in the past few weeks.
Activity: 215
#
September 23, 2016, 09:40:37 PM

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
September 23, 2016, 01:30:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
September 23, 2016, 08:21:50 AM

Activity: 979
Merit: 258
September 23, 2016, 02:54:00 AM

ETH had a lot of problem in the last few months. But if they can learn the lessen and do proper development, it will survive.
Activity: 215
#
September 22, 2016, 08:50:08 PM

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
September 22, 2016, 08:45:50 PM
Activity: 102
September 22, 2016, 02:48:00 AM
I was wondering if ethereum mining is still profitable. So what do you say?

Is it still profitable to mine ethereum with GPUs and CPUs?

The Mining Process isn't profitable anymore , Btc Or Altcoin is not profitable at all Smiley

No men mining alt are still profitable depends on your electricity cost and hardware specs and many people still yet do some minings and they still earn good with it since they are pro upon finding good alternative alts to mine, but if you mean cloudmining or any fake hyip site mining well i would agree to your post since at the very first place they are not really a real mining business.

If your electricity price is less than 0.15/kWh, and you use the latest 480 RX cards, it is still very profitable.

That is right. But the difficulty of the Ethereum is still rising fast. So even with that configuration, you might not be profitable soon.
Activity: 912
September 21, 2016, 01:51:33 PM

The Mining Process isn't profitable anymore , Btc Or Altcoin is not profitable at all Smiley

No men mining alt are still profitable depends on your electricity cost and hardware specs and many people still yet do some minings and they still earn good with it since they are pro upon finding good alternative alts to mine, but if you mean cloudmining or any fake hyip site mining well i would agree to your post since at the very first place they are not really a real mining business.

If your electricity price is less than 0.15/kWh, and you use the latest 480 RX cards, it is still very profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
September 20, 2016, 04:07:52 AM
Do you agree with gain from whattomine or coinwarz ?
I'm experiencing a massive difference between estimated and real.

My RX 480 gives me 29 Mhash, i'm using claymore so i have 1%fee, mining on nano pool, so another 1% fee.

In 24H, according to previous quoted calculators i should get >0.16ETH, but i've collected only 0.13 ETH.
0.03 ETH is more than 15% of my earnings..

Probably some of my math is wrong, correct me please

I have found the whattomine site pretty accurate if you input the correct values. I use Claymore too with the 1% fee built in and mine at Ethermine (also 1% fee).

What I do is input what the pool shows my miner doing for the past 24 hours. For an good example, and to counteract the arguments in this thread that older cards are not profitable, I will use a rig I have that uses 4x R9 270 cards, which are not the most efficient.

So this rig reports locally on the miner that it is hashing at 53.5 MH/second (about 13.3 MH/s per card), but on the Ethermine pool I show a 24 hour average of only 50.5 MH/second. At first this may seem low, but consider that the pool figures reflect the 1% mining time reduction that the Claymore software points elsewhere. The rest is typical losses due to rejects, stales, etc. and it probably pretty normal. This is also probably where the most discrepancy comes in from using calculators, is that they don't all account for real-world results and are too rosy on optimal results.

But, getting back to the whattomine calculator, when I input the real 50.5 MH/s value and add the 1% fee for the pool, I end up with it showing I earn about 0.340848 ETH/day. I compare this to what Ethermine shows I earned and I can see it is close, but Ethermine is still a bit lower. This is where luck comes in. Clicking on the "Luck" tab on Ethermine site, I can see that the recent luck has only been about 97%. Taking 97% of the whatomine figure puts me almost exactly at my Ethermine results.

As far as profitability, this "inefficient" rig draws 600 watts for only 50.5 MH/s real pool hashrate, but even with $0.10 electricity it is grossing $4.59/day, with power cost of $1.44 and netting a nice profit of $3.15/day.
Even if we crank up the electricity price to a high $0.15 rate, we are still netting a comfortable $2.43/day in profit. Even at $0.20 power, we can earn a modest $1.71/day in profit, so yes mining is still quite profitable.

One of my more efficient rigs consisting of 4x RX 470 that produces 88 MH/s with a power draw of only 660 Watts for the entire rig, pulls in a gross of $8.00, uses $1.58 in electricity, and nets a nice $6.42 in daily profit. Even at $0.20 electricity, this rig would yield a daily profit of $4.83.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
September 20, 2016, 12:41:46 AM

Activity: 358
Merit: 250
September 19, 2016, 02:35:04 PM

It depends on your power price. If you live in Europe such as Germany, and you use old cards, it is not profitable.

For the miners in China, if they have access to cheap hydro power, their mining operation is very profitable.
Activity: 175
September 18, 2016, 01:32:23 PM

It depends on your power price. If you live in Europe such as Germany, and you use old cards, it is not profitable.
Activity: 100
September 18, 2016, 10:49:28 AM

Pages:
Jump to: