Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 22. (Read 131200 times)

legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
July 07, 2016, 04:11:44 PM
I think that GPU mining has still future untill someone builds ASIC for all current algos.

Then they'll make more algos.

Current new coin trend is Proof of Stake/Proof of Importance - whatever nonsense. PoW is being phased out. GPU mining almost over folks.

We have to save the polar bears from drowning you know.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 07, 2016, 11:39:35 AM
I think that GPU mining has still future untill someone builds ASIC for all current algos.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 07, 2016, 03:05:21 AM
Not to mention their premine. They just want to control the new coin flow as well as everything else by having a shitton.

60 million premine are sold to investors. These investors could still keep the coins or have sold out. It does not matter.
Activity: 364
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
July 06, 2016, 06:35:20 AM
ETH will go PoS, and then it'll be only the rich deciding things anyways.

word. I dont get the pos shit, sure it solves the insane energy requirements but at what cost? Back to the top 1% running the world?

We can all buy some Ethereum so that the top rich will not have more than 50% of the total voting power.

In this world the 1% super rich controls 80-90% of the wealth. They can manipulate almost everything.

@Auponef I was making coments like that on forum.ethereum.org 4 months ago and they all got took down.  Conformation by action.
roll on Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation.
Activity: 236
July 06, 2016, 05:14:06 AM

word. I dont get the pos shit, sure it solves the insane energy requirements but at what cost? Back to the top 1% running the world?

We can all buy some Ethereum so that the top rich will not have more than 50% of the total voting power.

In this world the 1% super rich controls 80-90% of the wealth. They can manipulate almost everything.
July 06, 2016, 04:07:42 AM

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
July 05, 2016, 05:18:24 PM

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
July 05, 2016, 01:58:34 PM
GPU or ASIC...it makes no difference once the farms start mining.  In Ethereum it only takes 3 of the major pools to make decisions on a specific fork for the entire network.

Bitcoin is same.

It's not the same. Bitcoin's blockchain is owned by China ASIC manufacturers. ETH PoW is available to anyone and uses off the shelf hardware. As long as it stays that way ETH will be as close to decentralization as it gets.

Ethereum mining is more decentralised than the bitcoin mining. But it will gradually centralise in cheap energy places.

That will happen to any PoW coins including bitcoin and the Ethereum. The cost of mining determines that.

I heard there are quite a few bitcoin farms in Iceland. The cost of electricity there is very cheap. The labor is more expensive.
Activity: 239
July 05, 2016, 06:55:37 AM
GPU or ASIC...it makes no difference once the farms start mining.  In Ethereum it only takes 3 of the major pools to make decisions on a specific fork for the entire network.

Bitcoin is same.

It's not the same. Bitcoin's blockchain is owned by China ASIC manufacturers. ETH PoW is available to anyone and uses off the shelf hardware. As long as it stays that way ETH will be as close to decentralization as it gets.

Ethereum mining is more decentralised than the bitcoin mining. But it will gradually centralise in cheap energy places.

That will happen to any PoW coins including bitcoin and the Ethereum. The cost of mining determines that.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
July 03, 2016, 04:02:21 PM
There wont be any forks...I don't believe any change to asic's either...If you tell gpu miners your all done if you don't go out and buy asic's that coin will die. For this coin to stay on the road to the moon it must remain a gpu coin and unforked...

That's why BTC is dead today. Oh, wait...

4 China-based mining oligarchies control 70% of the Bitcoin network and 100% of ASIC production, this sounds great! Oh, wait...

PoW's endgame is centralization. Get used to it.
Activity: 242
July 05, 2016, 02:32:52 AM

Bitcoin is same.

legendary
Activity: 1311
July 05, 2016, 12:36:13 AM

Bitcoin is same.

Activity: 242
July 04, 2016, 04:04:36 PM
GPU or ASIC...it makes no difference once the farms start mining.  In Ethereum it only takes 3 of the major pools to make decisions on a specific fork for the entire network.

Bitcoin is same.

Crypto is centralized where the few decide the fate of the many, decentralization is an illusion.

So we need more pools. I wish most pools are honest and can attract more users and distribute them.

Ideally, we need hundreds of pools and the miners are also well distributed. I heard there are some solo mine coins.
It was only the wind.
July 02, 2016, 08:46:19 AM
Ugh Wolf there was no King in place at the time of bitcoin's. Now there is a king and to stand on his playground you have to compete on a level in which he has a 6 year head start. Forget it and accept the lessor crown...

Okay, X11 isn't dead, either.
Activity: 236
July 04, 2016, 03:13:59 PM
GPU or ASIC...it makes no difference once the farms start mining.  In Ethereum it only takes 3 of the major pools to make decisions on a specific fork for the entire network.

Bitcoin is same.

Crypto is centralized where the few decide the fate of the many, decentralization is an illusion.

So we need more pools. I wish most pools are honest and can attract more users and distribute them.
Activity: 1008
July 04, 2016, 03:07:58 PM

Bitcoin is same.

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
July 04, 2016, 02:39:39 PM
There wont be any forks...I don't believe any change to asic's either...If you tell gpu miners your all done if you don't go out and buy asic's that coin will die. For this coin to stay on the road to the moon it must remain a gpu coin and unforked...

4 China-based mining oligarchies control 70% of the Bitcoin network and 100% of ASIC production, this sounds great! Oh, wait...

Your exactly right.  Only way to be decentralized is if we all have access to equal resources.  Power asics cheap labor etc.  since that isnt the case what is the point of all this again.  For me its get what I can while I can because I see this all comin down in a ball of fire!  Great experiment but will have to do better next time!

The more I ponder the more I realize why satoshi left and doesn't want to be known.  I imagine if this does go belly up. He won't be too popular!

Best regards
D57heinz

Compared to Ethereum, bitcoin is much simplier. If there is anything wrong with bitcoin, we should know it several years ago.
There is no wrong with bitcoin and i think bitcoin still the best to choose than choosing altcoin ethereum because the movement price of bitcoin is fast .
Ethereim is profitable if you have a good GPU mining.
July 04, 2016, 02:37:59 PM

Your exactly right.  Only way to be decentralized is if we all have access to equal resources.  Power asics cheap labor etc.  since that isnt the case what is the point of all this again.  For me its get what I can while I can because I see this all comin down in a ball of fire!  Great experiment but will have to do better next time!

The more I ponder the more I realize why satoshi left and doesn't want to be known.  I imagine if this does go belly up. He won't be too popular!

Best regards
D57heinz

Compared to Ethereum, bitcoin is much simplier. If there is anything wrong with bitcoin, we should know it several years ago.

That is right. The Ethereum is too complex. It is still quite new. I think there will be more bugs to be found.
It was only the wind.
July 02, 2016, 12:21:57 AM

Activity: 270
July 04, 2016, 01:47:59 PM

Best regards
D57heinz

Pages:
Jump to: