Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 20. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
July 31, 2016, 07:44:12 AM
Use this calculator  https://www.whattomine.com/
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
July 31, 2016, 07:15:28 AM
i think profitable to this moon. because price and fast trend grafik
mining with gpu

It is profitable to mine the Ethereum now. But it is more profitable to mine other coins such as neoscrypt or lyra
I think ethereum is not profitable right now instead they are converting into ETC because they said this is a new version of ethereum.
We know about the issue in dao because of this hackers hack ether that can bring down the price of ethereum..
Activity: 242
July 31, 2016, 07:12:55 AM
mining with gpu

It is profitable to mine the Ethereum now. But it is more profitable to mine other coins such as neoscrypt or lyra
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 31, 2016, 04:56:16 AM
mining with gpu
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
July 30, 2016, 09:58:56 AM
profitable if price ethereum up
i think mining ethereum profit with high gpu

The mining of the ETC is some times more profitable when you do the calculation. But when you sell the coins to the exchanges, the price is lower.

You have to sell the ETC as soon as you mine it. But most pool will only send you the ETC several times a day.
Activity: 294
July 30, 2016, 04:41:32 AM

The mining of the ETC is some times more profitable when you do the calculation. But when you sell the coins to the exchanges, the price is lower.
Activity: 42
July 29, 2016, 12:04:57 PM
Activity: 236
July 29, 2016, 10:58:40 AM
Only if you purchase the equipment at a very low cost and mine in a place with a really low electricity fee.
Some guys even have free electricity, what makes things difficult for anyone who does not have such resources.

The Ethereum is profitable to mine even if your electricity price is more than $0.20 per kwh. Some other coins are also profitable.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
July 09, 2016, 06:23:54 AM
i find it hard to believe that a 380 can do 20MH at 113w, and probably not stable, so it does not count unless it can do it for more than 24 hours

and in any case a 480 can do 24MH at 105w, which is still far better, no matter the optimization or the undervolting, it's impossible to compete with 14/16nm if you have 28nm....

It can. I used my code, yeah, but it can.

Stock volts, too. Clocks were 750/1600, powertune 0.

Can your miner get similar efficiency for the 280X as well? If it can, then it is excellent for most miners.

280X I haven't done the work to port it to yet, and it doesn't show much of a hash increase when I did work on it (although I never finished.) Power I didn't test.
Activity: 56
July 28, 2016, 04:15:28 PM
Only if you purchase the equipment at a very low cost and mine in a place with a really low electricity fee.
Some guys even have free electricity, what makes things difficult for anyone who does not have such resources.
Activity: 350
July 28, 2016, 04:09:32 PM
But it is better to sell ETC as soon as it's mined because you can't predict how long it will last in the market, if it will get dumped and you do not want to be the one holding the bag should the coin get dumped.
It was only the wind.
July 09, 2016, 04:07:33 AM
i find it hard to believe that a 380 can do 20MH at 113w, and probably not stable, so it does not count unless it can do it for more than 24 hours

and in any case a 480 can do 24MH at 105w, which is still far better, no matter the optimization or the undervolting, it's impossible to compete with 14/16nm if you have 28nm....

It can. I used my code, yeah, but it can.

I agree with you. That 380 is too efficient. It has to be tested for stability for at least 24 hours. The power supply could be good as well.

Stock volts, too. Clocks were 750/1600, powertune 0.
Activity: 358
July 28, 2016, 03:23:00 PM
was it something to do at the fork to have our ethers on both chains ?

I think so. The appearance of the ETC has an effect on the ETH mining profit. Some times, it is more profitable to mine ETC.

The ETC price is too volatile. When you sell your mined coins, it will be less profitable. So after a while, not many people will mine it.

At this moment, mining ETC is 50% more profitable than mining ETH. But we do not know the profitability when you sell ETC.

If you can find a good pool to mine the ETC, it is generally more profitable to mine the ETC at the moment.
Activity: 441
July 28, 2016, 11:48:59 AM

I think so. The appearance of the ETC has an effect on the ETH mining profit. Some times, it is more profitable to mine ETC.

The ETC price is too volatile. When you sell your mined coins, it will be less profitable. So after a while, not many people will mine it.

At this moment, mining ETC is 50% more profitable than mining ETH. But we do not know the profitability when you sell ETC.
Activity: 212
Merit: 10
July 28, 2016, 10:28:30 AM

It was only the wind.
July 09, 2016, 03:07:14 AM
I think that GPU mining has still future untill someone builds ASIC for all current algos.

Then they'll make more algos.

Current new coin trend is Proof of Stake/Proof of Importance - whatever nonsense. PoW is being phased out. GPU mining almost over folks.

We have to save the polar bears from drowning you know.

Thats what he said.. plus summer time its freaking hard to keep them cool even with free electricity ! A/C can not make it !

It maybe difficult for the old 290, 390 or 280x cards. It should be relative easy for the RX 480 or 1070 cards.

The new cards are very efficient. If you do not overvolt, but undervolt and reduce the core frequency, they are very efficient.

Agreed! You don't need a 480 to get pretty damned good numbers.

I did some tests on Mithra with ONLY a 380 hooked up - idle draw after X started was 35W. I managed to pull 19.92MH/s using 148W at the WALL - meaning the 380 was using 113W under load. 0.176MH/s/W on Eth ain't bad.
Activity: 191
July 28, 2016, 04:09:33 AM

Activity: 501
Merit: 500
July 28, 2016, 03:24:31 AM
Activity: 294
July 27, 2016, 02:47:39 PM
Soon mining will only be profitable for the Chinese and people with free electricity.
Here in my place our electricity is free but the problem is i can afford to buy a good miner or set of GPU or CPu. to mine ethereum right now .. and i heard many people that ethereum right is not profitable to mine..

CPU mining is tough (you need top-notch i7, and returns are pretty meh), but gpu mining can go quite well. with free power a r9-290 card (~150usd) will pay for itself fully within 3-4 months

if you already have a desktop, its easy enough to plug in a gpu or two.

That is right. It is better to use the cheap 290 or 390 or even 480 to mine the Ethereum. But the difficulty is rising faster.

We have the choice of mining the two versions of the Ethereum, that is a good opportunities for miners.

You can switch between the ETC and ETH and mine the more profitable coin. It is quite convenient.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
July 26, 2016, 03:48:22 PM
Soon mining will only be profitable for the Chinese and people with free electricity.
Here in my place our electricity is free but the problem is i can afford to buy a good miner or set of GPU or CPu. to mine ethereum right now .. and i heard many people that ethereum right is not profitable to mine..

CPU mining is tough (you need top-notch i7, and returns are pretty meh), but gpu mining can go quite well. with free power a r9-290 card (~150usd) will pay for itself fully within 3-4 months

if you already have a desktop, its easy enough to plug in a gpu or two.

That is right. It is better to use the cheap 290 or 390 or even 480 to mine the Ethereum. But the difficulty is rising faster.

We have the choice of mining the two versions of the Ethereum, that is a good opportunities for miners.
Pages:
Jump to: