Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 18. (Read 131200 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
August 20, 2016, 01:07:12 PM
actually yes in Hash/watt ratio, but maybe not in $/Hash ratio

RX 480 does 31 - 32MH/s at under 150W.

i know but a 1070 can do 30 at 80w
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
August 20, 2016, 12:43:26 PM
actually yes in Hash/watt ratio, but maybe not in $/Hash ratio
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
August 20, 2016, 11:43:32 AM
I think that Nvidia are better on Mhash/W .. So if u do not have cheap energy go for it.
Otherwise AMD is the best choice.
Activity: 62
Merit: 2
August 20, 2016, 11:34:38 AM
Congratulations to those who are still having good profits by mining it.

I think these are the miners who have lower than $0.15/kWh electricity. If the difficulty rises as fast as before, they will not be profitable soon.

I pay 0.25 dollar /kWh and use the old 7970 to mine the Eth. I will not be profitable to mine in the next few weeks.

The Ethereum mining difficult is too high. For the ETH difficulty, it is all time high, if you add ETC, that is 20% higher.

I will just use the existing rigs to mine and will not expand. The big mining operations will move to China eventually.

If you have cheap electricity, you can buy the AMD RX 480, that is quite efficient, you can mine at 31 MH/s using around 150W.
Activity: 817
Merit: 506
August 20, 2016, 10:33:29 AM
I was wondering if ethereum mining is still profitable. So what do you say?

Is it still profitable to mine ethereum with GPUs and CPUs?

with GPU I suppose still profit
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
August 20, 2016, 05:01:47 AM

I think these are the miners who have lower than $0.15/kWh electricity. If the difficulty rises as fast as before, they will not be profitable soon.

I pay 0.25 dollar /kWh and use the old 7970 to mine the Eth. I will not be profitable to mine in the next few weeks.

The Ethereum mining difficult is too high. For the ETH difficulty, it is all time high, if you add ETC, that is 20% higher.

I will just use the existing rigs to mine and will not expand. The big mining operations will move to China eventually.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 20, 2016, 02:40:52 AM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 19, 2016, 04:02:00 AM

Activity: 422
August 18, 2016, 02:31:21 PM

Activity: 399
Merit: 250
August 17, 2016, 10:04:20 PM
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
August 17, 2016, 02:25:47 PM
Where do you buy a lottery ticket with a 50/50 chance to win ?

Mine/buy and hold for a year or two, cross your fingers and hope you are on the right 50% side.
My electricity cost is an longterm investment in my own future.
Activity: 175
August 17, 2016, 10:06:23 AM
No no
ETH not profitable anymore to mine
Except you got free rigs and electricity

true statement, if you pay over 40 cent per kwh of energy. most of us pay 15 cent or less, so ETH mining ist still profitable atm

If you use some kind of undervolting and reduce the frequency of the core or memory, it is still profitable.

Miners tend to overvolt and overclock. That will make their ROI faster if their electricity price is low.,

Real stupid miners, you mean. UNDERVOLT and overclock.

It depends on the graphics cards. I usually undervolt and underclock to get better efficiency as I have high electricity price.

Because you have sense. Overvolting is almost always done for "vanity" hashrate records, people who don't care, or people who simply have more money than sense.

I also undervolt my 7970. The difficulty is still rising. I might have to undervolt and increase the efficiency again.

I use the AMD R9 390, I undervolt it to below 1000 mV and frequency  is around 970 MHz. It is quite efficient.

It is quite efficient if you under volt and under clock. But if you pay high electricity price, it will not be profitable soon.

The Ethereum difficulty is all time high at present. If you add the difficulty of the ETC, it is 20% more. So not so profitable.
Activity: 242
August 17, 2016, 03:35:13 AM
No no

true statement, if you pay over 40 cent per kwh of energy. most of us pay 15 cent or less, so ETH mining ist still profitable atm

If you use some kind of undervolting and reduce the frequency of the core or memory, it is still profitable.

Miners tend to overvolt and overclock. That will make their ROI faster if their electricity price is low.,

It depends on the graphics cards. I usually undervolt and underclock to get better efficiency as I have high electricity price.

Because you have sense. Overvolting is almost always done for "vanity" hashrate records, people who don't care, or people who simply have more money than sense.

I also undervolt my 7970. The difficulty is still rising. I might have to undervolt and increase the efficiency again.

I use the AMD R9 390, I undervolt it to below 1000 mV and frequency  is around 970 MHz. It is quite efficient.

It is quite efficient if you under volt and under clock. But if you pay high electricity price, it will not be profitable soon.
Activity: 236
August 15, 2016, 05:14:09 AM
No no

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 14, 2016, 05:15:35 AM
No no

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 08, 2016, 03:42:52 AM
No no

Activity: 358
August 07, 2016, 12:21:22 PM
No no

The difficulty of the ETC+ETH is still rising even at the uncertain times. It seems people are very confident.

The hash rate for the Ethereum is at a new all time high now. So the big miners think the price will rise again.

It looks like it. There are more hashing on the Etherum, even though miners might now ROI in the future.

Most of the new hashing are from the cheap electricity big farms. They will ROI as their total cost is lower.
Activity: 441
August 07, 2016, 05:13:59 AM
No no

The difficulty of the ETC+ETH is still rising even at the uncertain times. It seems people are very confident.

The hash rate for the Ethereum is at a new all time high now. So the big miners think the price will rise again.

It looks like it. There are more hashing on the Etherum, even though miners might now ROI in the future.
Activity: 236
August 07, 2016, 03:06:47 AM
No no

Activity: 431
August 05, 2016, 02:47:23 AM
Silly question: can ETH/ETC be mined with CPU on windows?
Thanks to whoever gives me an answer (and a link to an "official" miner).

Please don't say anything about the low hash rate and such, I will calculate for myself.

You can mine with CPU. The link is below:

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/wiki/Mining
Pages:
Jump to: