Pages:
Author

Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 - page 57. (Read 397360 times)

Activity: 710
Merit: 502
May 26, 2016, 09:25:00 PM
Question:

I just saw that both of my nvidia miners run out of disk space.
turns out to be the damn dag file, it started creating Two new dag files but did not delete de older ones!!!
can this be changed somehow?, i boot from a 16gb flash drive and i don't have a lot of space to deal with.

i will be thinking in purchasing 32gb flash drives just in case but in the meantime Cheesy
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
Smell the glove.
May 26, 2016, 08:13:41 PM
Seem like the "cpp-ethereum/libethash-cl/CL" directory is missing in the 110 tree.
FYI - Builds and runs fine after copying over the CL directory from the master.

I'll post notes on it's performance, stability, etc.

Not using CUDA - just OPENCL.

It's been working without issue for 4hrs now - I don't think it's gonna die.
CPU and RAM usage down significantly, speed is up a bit - not enough to get all stampy and shit.
(3) overclocked R9 390's are doing about 94MH - I'll double-check that in the morning.

Looks good so far - starts really fast and about 2% rejects due to stales.

Running Ubuntu 15 LTS Crimson 15.12
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
May 26, 2016, 04:34:24 PM
please guys, not in my thread  Grin

Dude is following me like a lost puppy, except he has a bone to pick.

Anyways, I'm looking over Ethash... and I'm pretty sure I have an idea to get it a lot better, but it's a pain in the ass. Two steps: Making it 4-way instead of 8-way should, by itself, improve it, I think. But, at that point, it should be able to get a massive gain from doing the 4-way without touching LDS. Doing this on AMD is possible, but quite the amount of work.
May 26, 2016, 05:22:02 PM

Hi thanks for the feedback. I've seen this too. Should be fixable. Can't say when Smiley

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time!
Btw, this has JUST happened to BOTH rigs at the exact same moment:

it only happened on the AMD windows miners, the nvidia linux miners where unaffected.

any idea of what happened?, have you ever seen that?, one of the three GPUs where at 100% power the other two idle, exactly the same situation on both rigs.

closed and started again and worked (version 108 for windows)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
May 26, 2016, 05:11:05 PM
1.1 pre-release is out:

https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/110/

- no more DAG files (both CUDA/OpenCL)
- CUDA Compute 2.0 support is back

It looks like it's all working but I'm releasing early so you can help me test. Don't forget to remove your -E and -R params, that is all gone now.

CPU util seems down, RAM usage down of course. CPU validation is still in there, using the light cache.

no devfee, but do send me some ETH if you like it  Grin

Dual miner and I'll definitely send you some BTC again. Cool idea with the streaming DAG though.

It's not my idea, it's Wolf0's (or sp_'s even if you look at it differently) and Claymore implemented it first Grin.

I don't have time for a dual, but I also said that about the streaming DAG Wink

Actually, I implemented it first - which is how I knew it worked - in my custom sgminer.

If you did, you never talked about it, much like other things that actually help normal miners. Gotta keep it all yourself you know. Pallas or Berthrolobo or whatever his name was talked about it last year some time in the SP thread and I kept poking at it, especially after the Claymore release.

Which means, as always, it really doesn't even matter what you're doing.

Christ, you're fucking stupid. Giving Claymore the idea wasn't talking about it?

Claymore's release came around this last spring. That's not the timeline I quoted. "especially after" means a increase in frequency, not the beginning.

You realize you joined the conversation after me and the original quote thread includes my quote which predates yours?

As far as a bone to pick. Just setting things right. You seem to like taking liberties and bragging when you don't have anything to brag about.
It was only the wind.
May 26, 2016, 04:25:16 PM
Did anyone manage to compile genoil's miner on arch linux or any other arch based distro ? I was getting this error https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=cr&ei=z_tGV7XjOMjYU-W8qYAB#q=genoil+nvcc+fatal+++:+redefinition+of+argument+'std' but I managed to fix it by editing ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake to only have one std refference (deleted the second one). Now I get these errors: http://pastebin.com/NxAu97y2
Using the latest manjaro linux. Any assistance that leads to succesful compiling will be rewarded

I run Arch. I only built the OpenCL support, though.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
May 26, 2016, 05:09:41 PM

Anyways, I'm looking over Ethash... and I'm pretty sure I have an idea to get it a lot better, but it's a pain in the ass. Two steps: Making it 4-way instead of 8-way should, by itself, improve it, I think. But, at that point, it should be able to get a massive gain from doing the 4-way without touching LDS. Doing this on AMD is possible, but quite the amount of work.

I may have tried that..or not...I tried so much different stuff.

On CUDA I get about 3% from using warp shuffles instead of LDS. I think AMD has shuffle too right, but not exposed to OpenCL. DS_SWIZZLE?
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
Smell the glove.
May 26, 2016, 04:56:06 PM
Seem like the "cpp-ethereum/libethash-cl/CL" directory is missing in the 110 tree.
FYI - Builds and runs fine after copying over the CL directory from the master.

I'll post notes on it's performance, stability, etc.

Not using CUDA - just OPENCL.
It was only the wind.
May 26, 2016, 04:15:43 PM
1.1 pre-release is out:

It looks like it's all working but I'm releasing early so you can help me test. Don't forget to remove your -E and -R params, that is all gone now.

CPU util seems down, RAM usage down of course. CPU validation is still in there, using the light cache.

Dual miner and I'll definitely send you some BTC again. Cool idea with the streaming DAG though.

It's not my idea, it's Wolf0's (or sp_'s even if you look at it differently) and Claymore implemented it first Grin.

Actually, I implemented it first - which is how I knew it worked - in my custom sgminer.

If you did, you never talked about it, much like other things that actually help normal miners. Gotta keep it all yourself you know. Pallas or Berthrolobo or whatever his name was talked about it last year some time in the SP thread and I kept poking at it, especially after the Claymore release.

Christ, you're fucking stupid. Giving Claymore the idea wasn't talking about it?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
May 26, 2016, 04:50:15 PM

Is it even worth the effort? PoS of ethereum is coming ... soon
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 26, 2016, 04:42:10 PM
Did anyone manage to compile genoil's miner on arch linux or any other arch based distro ? I was getting this error https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=cr&ei=z_tGV7XjOMjYU-W8qYAB#q=genoil+nvcc+fatal+++:+redefinition+of+argument+'std' but I managed to fix it by editing ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake to only have one std refference (deleted the second one). Now I get these errors: http://pastebin.com/NxAu97y2
Using the latest manjaro linux.
May 26, 2016, 04:29:23 PM
1.1 pre-release is out:

no devfee, but do send me some ETH if you like it  Grin

please guys, not in my thread  Grin
Activity: 29
May 26, 2016, 04:22:00 PM
Using the latest manjaro linux. Any assistance that leads to succesful compiling will be rewarded
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
May 26, 2016, 04:02:48 PM
1.1 pre-release is out:

May 26, 2016, 03:48:21 PM
It's weird that this on-GPU DAG stuff seems to make the actual mining much less stable.

I might just pull the CUDA kernels out and do a ccminer integration. See how that fares..
Activity: 52
May 26, 2016, 03:26:18 PM
Hm...  Rig with only one 7950 working well 2 days. Rig with 4 x R9 270x toxic (default setting) hangs on mining window, not hashing.Random time from 1 to 5-7minutes... restart again & again,allways same result. Miner v1.1  .  Now with CDM v4.4 rig working fine 5 & more days uptime.
P.S.: sorry for my bad english.
It was only the wind.
May 26, 2016, 10:15:15 AM
1.1 pre-release is out:

May 26, 2016, 02:25:44 PM
Hi Genoil

I started using your ethminer (108) about a week ago  (windows AMD cards) + (Linux NVIDIA cards)

work great but, every now and then i get: Stratum unauthorized worker
I know this is most likely a pool issue, is totally random in both rigs.

when it happens the program keeps processing (hence using power) but no shares are really being sent to the pool!!

can you please add a safety feature that will stop mining and retry every now and then, so it won't keep processing, wasting expensive power  Grin (at least stop mining would be enough, we can solve the rest with bash script hehe)

I kinda fix it in linux (Ugly, I know) i watch for those words in the syslog and if I see them with a script i kill ethminer process.

i have no idea how to do that in windows, so I am stuck with this issue with the AMD cards Sad

btw: any chance to include a switch to send the output to the syslog instead to screen?, that would be great for us with LCD displays Grin  Grin
thank you!
indkt.

Hi thanks for the feedback. I've seen this too. Should be fixable. Can't say when Smiley
May 26, 2016, 01:57:18 PM
Hi Genoil

I started using your ethminer (108) about a week ago  (windows AMD cards) + (Linux NVIDIA cards)

work great but, every now and then i get: Stratum unauthorized worker
I know this is most likely a pool issue, is totally random in both rigs.

when it happens the program keeps processing (hence using power) but no shares are really being sent to the pool!!

can you please add a safety feature that will stop mining and retry every now and then, so it won't keep processing, wasting expensive power  Grin (at least stop mining would be enough, we can solve the rest with bash script hehe)

I kinda fix it in linux (Ugly, I know) i watch for those words in the syslog and if I see them with a script i kill ethminer process.

i have no idea how to do that in windows, so I am stuck with this issue with the AMD cards Sad

btw: any chance to include a switch to send the output to the syslog instead to screen?, that would be great for us with LCD displays Grin  Grin
thank you!
indkt.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 26, 2016, 11:39:33 AM
hashrate seems a bit lower on the new version, but it could be because of the last drivers, i'm not sure

with two gpu i'm doing 44 but with 3 only 61-62, something is wrong
Pages:
Jump to: