Pages:
Author

Topic: EUR might drop below USD - page 9. (Read 33639 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
April 12, 2015, 01:52:32 PM
The biggest upcoming problem will be the uk referendum in 2017 about leaving the eu.
additionaly grexit + marine le pen as french president...

Gonna be stormy times for europe
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
April 12, 2015, 11:57:09 AM
I see a lot of chaos there, for example those who think that Switzerland and UK are part of the Eurozone... Really?

By the way probably EUR won't drop below USD and the Eurozone won't collapse after a hypothetical Grexit, just because Greece is too small.

Actually the only downside of a Grexit and the consequent bankruptcy is the public exposure of Germany (65bln€), France (49bln€) and Italy (43bln€).

As you can see here: Eurozone countries exposures to Greece - 2011 vs 2014.

But that's not a really big deal actually.
if greece leaves the eurozone will collapse, italy, spain, and why would germany still want to stay in? ...

That's not the case, as an italian guy i am 100% sure that we will stay in the eurozone with or without Greece.
If you ask me, France is the biggest problem for the Eurozone, not economically (at least not right now), but politically, but that's another story.
By the way I already said that a Grexit is not a big deal, greek economy is just too small, not a big player and however we can't even tell if a Grexit is likely to happen or not, so right now the Eurozone is safe.

All these countries would be better outside (basically all south europe).

The very best thing for a Failed Bank to do-- is FAIL! Sadly, it seems the system is set up so that the Failed Banks can only be FAILED.

Time to make that happen.

Time for the Banks to be left empty, smoldering shells.

People down there, have already suffered, and paid enough at their expense.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
April 12, 2015, 11:29:30 AM

I don't think they're that stupid. This has to be intentionally done to make the crisis worse. They know that they can't get away with all the reforms they want, so they're creating a crisis to offer a "solution":

problem -> reaction -> solution
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 12, 2015, 10:23:32 AM
I see a lot of chaos there, for example those who think that Switzerland and UK are part of the Eurozone... Really?

By the way probably EUR won't drop below USD and the Eurozone won't collapse after a hypothetical Grexit, just because Greece is too small.

Actually the only downside of a Grexit and the consequent bankruptcy is the public exposure of Germany (65bln€), France (49bln€) and Italy (43bln€).

if greece leaves the eurozone will collapse, italy, spain, and why would germany still want to stay in? ...

That's not the case, as an italian guy i am 100% sure that we will stay in the eurozone with or without Greece.
If you ask me, France is the biggest problem for the Eurozone, not economically (at least not right now), but politically, but that's another story.
By the way I already said that a Grexit is not a big deal, greek economy is just too small, not a big player and however we can't even tell if a Grexit is likely to happen or not, so right now the Eurozone is safe.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
April 12, 2015, 08:09:54 AM

Activity: 56
April 12, 2015, 07:43:04 AM

Q7
Activity: 448
April 12, 2015, 06:04:23 AM
If Greece leaves the Euro zone, that would make the Euro stronger, and that may happen.
if greece leaves, spain, italy, germany, the uk ... will all follow and the euro will become weaker for sure.

UK although is a member of the European Union has chosen not to use the euro. Pound is still the official currency. If Greece decides to leave, I believe that would have minimal impact in terms affecting the whole eurozone economy but more significant is whether their decision will also influence the others to also consider leaving the bloc and undermine the currency. The problem actually arises from fx trading activities whereby traders will use this as an excuse to short the currency and cause instability.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2015, 05:31:27 AM
Yeah central banks think we could see 0.9 by the end of this year.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
April 12, 2015, 05:11:44 AM
Hope you've been happily shorting on 1broker Smiley
Activity: 243
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 10, 2015, 08:31:45 AM
If Greece leaves the Euro zone, that would make the Euro stronger, and that may happen.
if greece leaves, spain, italy, germany, the uk ... will all follow and the euro will become weaker for sure.
The euro is done after greece leaves, domino effect will ensue.

Bricks will be shat.
Greece already allying up with Russia. Tsipras visited Putin.. I wonder what happened in the reunion, because they just paid the 470 million that they needed to pay yesterday.

Also, Putin gave Tsipras a historic Greek icon which had been stolen by a Nazi officer during the German occupation of Greece. The icon was recently bought by some Russian philanthropist from the officer's descendants. It is interesting to note that this officer (nicknamed "the Butcher of Crete") had been caught by the Soviets in 1945 and handed over to Greece where he was tried for the genocide of Greek population and sentenced to death (this has to do with Greek demands for reparations from Germany as of recent)...

By the way, what do you mean by reunion?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 10, 2015, 07:57:45 AM

Bricks will be shat.
Greece already allying up with Russia. Tsipras visited Putin.. I wonder what happened in the reunion, because they just paid the 470 million that they needed to pay yesterday.
Activity: 20
April 09, 2015, 02:20:42 PM

Bricks will be shat.
Activity: 124
Merit: 11
April 08, 2015, 07:04:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 06, 2015, 07:57:42 AM

The United Kingdom is not in the Eurozone, and has never fully been, as to my knowledge. In 1990 it entered what is called the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (a system to reduce exchange rate volatility), but two years later it withdrew having lost over £6 billion in an effort to keep its currency, since currency speculators (such as Soros) took an opportunity to beat the pound sterling into the ground...
Activity: 616
April 06, 2015, 07:13:11 AM
Activity: 243
Activity: 28
March 30, 2015, 10:26:40 PM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

It is possible to happen. if the situation in Europe and Russia does not end
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
March 30, 2015, 02:24:41 PM
Potential Greek exit would destroy the entire Eurozone.

Greece only makes up for ~3.4% of the Eurozone.

For Americans: It's like New Jersey leaving the Federal Reserve System. Would it hurt? Yes. Would it destroy the system? Nope.

good point!
Pages:
Jump to: