Pages:
Author

Topic: EUR might drop below USD - page 5. (Read 33639 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
June 06, 2015, 10:08:17 AM
I am surprised the EUROZONE isn't too phased about a GREXIT. If Greece leaves the EURO I see it getting a good thrashing as other peripheral EURO nations will then find it distasteful, then you got the U.K going for a referendum in 2017 about leaving the EUROPEAN UNION completely..I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Euro less than a dollar by the end of 2015..
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
June 06, 2015, 09:45:36 AM
Wow, that's fucking scary. I think Italy might get to it pretty soon too...
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 05, 2015, 09:37:12 PM
well i dont know till when euro will hold the pression, from greece,spain,or any new country that faces the worlds problems,affecting all countries....but im pretty sure has been built to hold storms.... and till the moment they keep the coin above usd that were on of the target when it had been thinked,and created .
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
June 05, 2015, 05:54:22 PM
Yes Euro is very much dead,dead from begining
Good article about Europe,Euro,Greece by Joseph E Stiglitz, a Nobel laureate in economics,

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/05/greeces-creditors-need-a-dose-of-reality-this-is-no-time-for-european-disunion
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Captain
June 05, 2015, 05:16:56 PM
I think the EUR is dead. Dead bouncing cat.
The whole european union is a failure.
First will the EUR collaps and then later will the dollar colapse....
I see no way out of this.... it will happen within 10-20 years.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Writing to dispel society's myths.
June 05, 2015, 04:54:40 PM
If Greece exits the euro then it might drop below usd, the whle eurozone might be screwed.
I don't think this is a good step because the European Central Bank holding billions of dollars of Greek debt So even without a complete breakdown of the Euro if Greece exit , the Euro will devaluate more
and more !

- Xing Ming
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
June 05, 2015, 04:34:55 PM
If Greece exits the euro then it might drop below usd, the whle eurozone might be screwed.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 05, 2015, 04:31:49 PM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

The euro was last down 0.74 percent against the dollar at $1.1146 after hitting a more than two-week high of $1.138000 on Thursday. The dollar was last up 0.95 percent against the yen at 125.63 yen. The dollar was last up 0.53 percent against the franc at 0.9401 franc. If the EU, manage to get out of Greece Problem in a six months period, They have a better chance to rise up against USD, however still euro invading at top position. Certainly, something going to happen, if Greece falls into new election. Hoping for the best happen to EU.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 02, 2015, 11:18:30 AM
very much possible,euro disappear also very much possible,there isall anti euro movement now in France,Spain,Italy,Germans want strong mark back
And Greece crisis can turn in to tornado

euro will not disappear, at worse some countries may leave euro zone and return to their root, which could potentially raise the euro power, because these nations are actually impoverishing it, with their bad economy and with the continued demand for loans

Do you really think that these other nations are actually impoverishing the Euro? Greece says that it is being used as a modern-day colony (just like in ol' good times of Roman Empire). So, if these nations leave the Euro zone, will the Euro get stronger?

for now, surely they are, how can them asking for loan from BCE is not compromising the whole eurozone economy? leaving it would be better for everyone yes, this is why many euro country that are basycally dying in their economy want to leave the euro

but if they can cure their economic cancer, it would be better than just leaving, they are just temporizing to see if they can succeed in that
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
June 02, 2015, 09:40:49 AM
in my opinion, the Euro will drop below US-Dollar when Greece will leave the Euro zone. Otherwise, Euro / USD will never reach the parity again.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 02, 2015, 07:10:56 AM
very much possible,euro disappear also very much possible,there isall anti euro movement now in France,Spain,Italy,Germans want strong mark back

euro will not disappear, at worse some countries may leave euro zone and return to their root, which could potentially raise the euro power, because these nations are actually impoverishing it, with their bad economy and with the continued demand for loans

Do you really think that these other nations are actually impoverishing the Euro? Greece says that it is being used as a modern-day colony (just like in ol' good times of Roman Empire). So, if these nations leave the Euro zone, will the Euro get stronger?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 02, 2015, 03:18:45 AM

Pab
legendary
June 01, 2015, 06:01:45 PM

Genuine rumor!

One member of my extended family told me very recently that *someone* he knew had taken a very large position against the euro.  Of course taking a large position vs. a currency is nothing unusual, but it was unusual for him to tell me that.  The family member does not speculate in currencies.

He did tell me, however, that if the euro goes down to 80 cents (the bet of the guy with the "large position"), then he (family member) would perhaps go buy a villa in Italy or something.......

Advice him villa in Portugal.Settubal,there is a lot wondeful,cheap now places,just a little hurry,alreadywealthy chinise,germansand people from Angolaare buying there,but mosty in very touristic places
Great,wine and nice people,good weather,In iTaly you need to know where,Tuscany is great in Monte Amiata area possible to find sometimes very cheap houses
Pab
legendary
June 01, 2015, 05:56:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
June 01, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

Genuine rumor!

One member of my extended family told me very recently that *someone* he knew had taken a very large position against the euro.  Of course taking a large position vs. a currency is nothing unusual, but it was unusual for him to tell me that.  The family member does not speculate in currencies.

He did tell me, however, that if the euro goes down to 80 cents (the bet of the guy with the "large position"), then he (family member) would perhaps go buy a villa in Italy or something.......
Activity: 243
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
May 13, 2015, 02:31:18 PM

Strong euro? Haha, that is a joke, and how exactly will you accomplish that?

Buy more gold in reserves, abolish the ECB, lower (or abolish) taxes, disband regulations? Man it would be a paradise.

Unfortunately politicians are politicians and everything that they say is smoke and mirrors.
Activity: 243
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
May 09, 2015, 03:01:35 PM
10 years? You rather mean 10 months  Grin Look at Greece and some other southern European countries. The situation is already disastrous. The Euro exists for 13 years now, and it struggles for seven years. This is a disastrous record for a currency.

Euro may not sink as fast as you may think,but you can always go for Gold or BTC which are almost somewhat alike, they both need to be mined,except for btc supply and its volatile,either way hold it for a while and sell when high
I think the euro is going to go down quicker than expected, way quicker than the dollar. I give it 10 years before the situation starts becoming disastrous in several countries and not only Greece.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
May 09, 2015, 12:28:08 PM
If Janet Yellen knows anything, everything is possible. Below or above doesn't matter if both ar spiraling down.

Recently, Russia and China are getting closer together. Maybe we should watch Rubel and Renminbi.
Pages:
Jump to: