Author

Topic: EUROPECOIN [ERC] 🌟 FINANCECLOUD 🌟 CRYPTOCURRENY & FINANCE API + SMARTHUB 🌟 - page 179. (Read 543135 times)

Activity: 385
Merit: 252
Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).
It's me again, with my Ubuntu 14.04 x64 box...
Got the latest version from git and compiled it. I started a "sync from scratch" with the freshly compiled binary (without even the old wallet.dat which is saved elsewhere, and with only "connect=stratum.infernopool.com" in europecoin.conf).
The sync is tedious at best and tremendously frustrating...
The "one node to serve them all" approach is not the happiest ever...

This is just for the time being until we can get a few more nodes online and on the correct chain. I will have another online by tomorrow than we will be able to use aswell. And if anyone else can verify they are on the same block as the explorer I can add them to the list.

Thank you - I have been synch-ing for 24 hours and only have reached 183,000 blocks of the over 800,000 chain.
Is the bootstrap in the Ann up-to-date?

I'm not quite sure if the one in the OP is up to date but the one on the europecoin website is only a few months behind. another tip to get your wallets going a bit quicker if you have to resync is to use a fresh wallet.dat then once your on the correct block. close the client down. and replace the wallet.dat with your old one.
I'm going to release an archive on dropbox. This SHOULD be a drop in replacement to your data directory and will put you on exactly the right block number which is 902621 at the time of posting. The only thing that will need to be replaced is the username and password in the .conf file.

On another note there is another node online AT erc.infernopool.com

AND this should help everyone out greatly. if you'd like to test it without screwing up the sync on your regular chain until your are sure it works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwkx3cmcbj2jikg/ERC2.zip?dl=0

Create a new folder named "ERC".
Place the europecoin.exe beside that folder.
Create a file named run.bat.
Inside of that file add "europecoin.exe --datadir=ERC" save it.
Place the files from dropbox in the ERC folder.
Start run.bat.
Infernoman has beaten me to it, but there it is anyway:

The link in the OP ( http://www.europecoin.eu.org/europecoin-wallet-download/category/1-europecoin-wallet?download=24:bootstrap-dat-20-12-15 ) is the same with the one on europecoin's site ( http://www.europecoin.eu.org/europecoin-wallet-download/category/1-europecoin-wallet ) and it seems to be referring to a botstrap.dat from Jan. 31, 2016 despite the link's hint to 20-12-15...
To sum it up, I think the fastest way to get on track "manually" is:
1. obtain latest version of the qt wallet (Europecoin[.exe]) or of the daemon (europecoind[.exe]) either by compiling it (for Linux and Mac, read the docs on github) or by downloading it from the link above;
2. SAVE YOUR OLD WALLET IN AT LEAST 2 PLACES (if you encrypted it, make sure you remember the password);
3. clean the data directory (~/.europecoin/ on Linux, where "~" means "home directory", or %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\europecoin\ on Windoze from Vista to 10) where the wallet dat resides too (make sure you have at least one copy of it elsewhere) - delete everything in here (you did back it up, did you?);
4. download the bootstrap.dat from OP or europecoin site http://www.europecoin.eu.org/europecoin-wallet-download/category/1-europecoin-wallet?download=24:bootstrap-dat-20-12-15;
5. launch Europecoin[.exe] until it starts properly (on my Linux box it exited 3 times, then the 4th time it started sync-ing);
6. go to work, walk your dog, play with (your) kids, make love to your significant one.... whatever... it will take some time to sync Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
I'm going to release an archive on dropbox. This SHOULD be a drop in replacement to your data directory and will put you on exactly the right block number which is 902621 at the time of posting. The only thing that will need to be replaced is the username and password in the .conf file.

On another note there is another node online AT erc.infernopool.com

AND this should help everyone out greatly. if you'd like to test it without screwing up the sync on your regular chain until your are sure it works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwkx3cmcbj2jikg/ERC2.zip?dl=0

Create a new folder named "ERC".
Place the europecoin.exe beside that folder.
Create a file named run.bat.
Inside of that file add "europecoin.exe --datadir=ERC" save it.
Place the files from dropbox in the ERC folder.
Start run.bat.
legendary
Got the latest version from git and compiled it. I started a "sync from scratch" with the freshly compiled binary (without even the old wallet.dat which is saved elsewhere, and with only "connect=stratum.infernopool.com" in europecoin.conf).

This is just for the time being until we can get a few more nodes online and on the correct chain. I will have another online by tomorrow than we will be able to use aswell. And if anyone else can verify they are on the same block as the explorer I can add them to the list.

Thank you - I have been synch-ing for 24 hours and only have reached 183,000 blocks of the over 800,000 chain.

I'm not quite sure if the one in the OP is up to date but the one on the europecoin website is only a few months behind. another tip to get your wallets going a bit quicker if you have to resync is to use a fresh wallet.dat then once your on the correct block. close the client down. and replace the wallet.dat with your old one.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

legendary

Anyone thats still on block 902229 will be able to update to the new client. and get connected to the correct chain to start staking WITHOUT reloading the blockchain. anyone else that's still having issues please be patient until we get a few more nodes online.
Activity: 385
Merit: 252
Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).
legendary
Is there anyone with a working new wallet?

I have only 1 connection and a stuck at block 902275.

There aren't too many connections on the network at the moment. stratum.infernopool.com is on the right chain and is also providing the block explorer at stratum.infernopool.com:3004

To connect use "connect=stratum.infernopool.com" Once you are on the same block as the block explorer. you can change the "connect=" to "addnode=" and restart the client so you can start staking again.
legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
Is there anyone with a working new wallet?

I have only 1 connection and a stuck at block 902275.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012
Europecoin Financecloud API
Matthias where is the new windows wallet?
On OP...click the button

its very unclear what to click, please either remove wallet download link and make it clearer that you have to click the "button" or easier just update the get wallet here link.  And even worse when you click the "button" you get redirected to a site that tells you to click another link to get the wallet but there you only get error message " you have no rights to access files in this category" and on the homepage its only the old wallet?!?? because i really hope you learned last time if you change wallet version/upgrade anything you also get latest date on it so its easier for everyone to see they got the latest version.

as of now i havent been able to find the new wallet or access it even thou i created an account on the site to see if i got permission then but its a no go... :/

really hoped i would had time to set it up for my friends im visiting now, before i had to go :/ but its a no go , guess i will try in a few months when im here next time. (luckily this time i thought one extra time before and didnt promote and sell it in to much or i would be standing there again... )

I will spend some thoughts on how to make the downloads more clear and easier to use,
but i did not leave the old filenames because of laziness, but to preserve external downloadlinks,
and to keep them functional. But even for that problem, there are solutions, as soon  as we got everybody satisfied
with the wallet i will Work on some websolutions for our collaborative partners, to make them able to migrate to our site, and
that todolist has now alse a task "optimize download structure and version naming for easyer download".
But untill then, you can trust the following: There aren't ANY outdated links on our OP Wink

Wink Matthias

legendary

Its very unclear, and just stupid to release a new wallet with old misleading information... On info it says its from 16 of december if you read whats written it says 28 of January nowwhere you can find its the latest one if you dont try and download what seems to be a old version just to find its not what you tried to dl.  It should be the easiest thing to find the newest wallet and  to find instructions on how to use it and only have updated information easy accessable, if this ever gonna go mainstream, it has to be clean to understand, easy to find must have information thats up to date. all the goodie stuf under the hood can be tucked away the ones thats insterested in that will find it anyway, but the must know info for newcomers and people not sure have to be easy accessible with clean instructions.

So clean up first page here, and remove all nodes there aswell now since all of them using old wallet and are non functioning at the moment, only node thats up and on current version, is the one infernoman linked in this thread a bit earlier. remove old download links to old wallets here and on hompepage , its better to have non then an old non function one. and let the wallet updates here and on homepage get clear dates so its easy to see what wallet im using, and to see so i got the latest one.

100% agree. I have only copied the link, so its easier to find for others. Btw, the new wallet doesn't work for me.
Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Its very unclear, and just stupid to release a new wallet with old misleading information... On info it says its from 16 of december if you read whats written it says 28 of January nowwhere you can find its the latest one if you dont try and download what seems to be a old version just to find its not what you tried to dl.  It should be the easiest thing to find the newest wallet and  to find instructions on how to use it and only have updated information easy accessable, if this ever gonna go mainstream, it has to be clean to understand, easy to find must have information thats up to date. all the goodie stuf under the hood can be tucked away the ones thats insterested in that will find it anyway, but the must know info for newcomers and people not sure have to be easy accessible with clean instructions.

So clean up first page here, and remove all nodes there aswell now since all of them using old wallet and are non functioning at the moment, only node thats up and on current version, is the one infernoman linked in this thread a bit earlier. remove old download links to old wallets here and on hompepage , its better to have non then an old non function one. and let the wallet updates here and on homepage get clear dates so its easy to see what wallet im using, and to see so i got the latest one.
legendary
On OP...click the button

its very unclear what to click, please either remove wallet download link and make it clearer that you have to click the "button" or easier just update the get wallet here link.  And even worse when you click the "button" you get redirected to a site that tells you to click another link to get the wallet but there you only get error message " you have no rights to access files in this category" and on the homepage its only the old wallet?!?? because i really hope you learned last time if you change wallet version/upgrade anything you also get latest date on it so its easier for everyone to see they got the latest version.

as of now i havent been able to find the new wallet or access it even thou i created an account on the site to see if i got permission then but its a no go... :/

This is the link to the new wallet:
http://www.europecoin.eu.org/europecoin-wallet-download/category/1-europecoin-wallet?download=22:europecoin-2-0-windows-cloud
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
On OP...click the button

its very unclear what to click, please either remove wallet download link and make it clearer that you have to click the "button" or easier just update the get wallet here link.  And even worse when you click the "button" you get redirected to a site that tells you to click another link to get the wallet but there you only get error message " you have no rights to access files in this category" and on the homepage its only the old wallet?!?? because i really hope you learned last time if you change wallet version/upgrade anything you also get latest date on it so its easier for everyone to see they got the latest version.

really hoped i would had time to set it up for my friends im visiting now, before i had to go :/ but its a no go , guess i will try in a few months when im here next time. (luckily this time i thought one extra time before and didnt promote and sell it in to much or i would be standing there again... )
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I`m still haveing problems with the wallet, sync from the scratch but only 1 or none connection.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Thanks a lot mate now i`ve downloaded and starting to sync.
legendary
Mate i only see on website old wallet from 28.01.2016..

They haven't change the button, but the wallet is the new one.

edit: i have only 1 connection and my last block is 902275, 10 hours ago.  Huh
legendary
Mate i only see on website old wallet from 28.01.2016..
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
On OP...click the button
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
ok GUYS...

LETS RAMPAGE THIS OLD DIESEL-HELL-MOTOGUZZI-BUGATTI-ERC-MACHINE...WE need power on da network. Enjoy it to help me with ur strength of ur big wallets  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Steve

Jump to: