Pages:
Author

Topic: EventToken [EVENT] Community Takeover | Blockchain-based Event Solutions - page 17. (Read 44477 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
is it supposed to be called Eventcoint?

I think it's supposed to be called eventtoken Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Awesome finally on Bittrex! Congrats guys, been waiting for this to happen Smiley There are no sell orders yet, anyone care to get some coins on there?
Let's take this one to the moon people!  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
what will be the total pow as it says on op 10m or less ?
Activity: 126
Dev could you make sure the website contains a link with to a page that displays the current supply? would need that to be added to coinmarketcap

It's in the stats section of the wallet already.

well coinmarketcap requires a url and its something we consider doing quite soon. We could also get https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ to host the blockchain since they offer that feature. Maybe you can write them a message?

We also have a block explorer url posted in the ann that shows coin supply already since day 1.

Just found what they need on the block explorer posted on the ann. Sorry bout that! (This is the type of link we need for coinmarketcap: http://event.explorer.ssdpool.com:9119/ext/getmoneysupply)

I'll take care of getting it added tomorrow once the website is up

great, thanks for your involvement. It is genuinely appreciated.
Dev could you make sure the website contains a link with to a page that displays the current supply? would need that to be added to coinmarketcap

well coinmarketcap requires a url and its something we consider doing quite soon. We could also get https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ to host the blockchain since they offer that feature. Maybe you can write them a message?

We also have a block explorer url posted in the ann that shows coin supply already since day 1.

Just found what they need on the block explorer posted on the ann. Sorry bout that! (This is the type of link we need for coinmarketcap: http://event.explorer.ssdpool.com:9119/ext/getmoneysupply)

I'll take care of getting it added tomorrow once the website is up

So it seems bittrex is interested in adding the coin Smiley If the dev releases the WP tomorrow and bittrex adds we'll have some fun
Activity: 135
Admin BinPool.com
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
for events it needs alot of tweeting. and connections.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
WTB EVENT, send PM with offers
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
watching this one.. it's getting some hype
Very interesting idea!

What differentiates this from services such as http://www.intellitix.com/services/cashless/ as far as festival organizers advantages and attendees usage are concerned?

I would have to look further at the intellitix.com services deeper to be able to give you a detailed answer but the main advantage offered by a cryptographic decentralised solution is that the hardware investment is a lot lower and the implementation massively more simple.

As you can see from the intellitix website cashless systems at festivals / events is a large and growing market.  Their cashless system requires vendors to all have RFID hardware technology and specific hardware also by the festival goer.

In our solution all the vendor would need at its most simple level is a piece of paper with a QR code to get paid.

Obviously the simpler the implentation and the less infrastructure needed then the easier it is for all parties concerned.

A lot of the reason we wanted to introduce this and work on it is that at many festivals a lot of vendors don't even have a simple credit card terminal, why load them down with even more unnecessary hardware infrastructure when a simple cryptographic decentralised blockchain can offer the solutions with less work, cost and hardware.

It absolutely is a large and growing market, my concern for this concept is that Intellitix seems to be very far along in said market. While their cashless system does require the vendors and attendees to have the required hardware, this equipment is provided obviously. Whether it is provided at the expense of the organizer via implementation fee or at the expense of the vendor via processing fees much higher than 1%, I do not know without looking into it further or perhaps getting a quote for an upcoming large-scale event I am putting together.

Simpler (and cheaper) implementation and infrastructure is definitely better as long as it does not come at the cost of less reliable performance! Not to imply that your system would, but you would definitely need to be able to clearly illustrate that to organizers that potentially know absolutely nothing about crypto-currencies.

You are right that there is 0 infrastructure of this kind on the vast majority of festivals, my example was definitely keyed more towards extraordinarily large scale events. There may be an opportunity for implementation of EventCoin on a large scale across small to medium sized events, depending on how readily Intellitix will work with these events when faced with competition (and as mentioned above, who the cost of Intellitix implementation and hardware ultimately comes from).

Again though, great idea, just providing some food for thought.

mate, food for thought like this is really welcome. It's nice to convers with someone who understand the industry.

Clearly illustrating the security and strength of blockchain is not hard, we all know how secure it is. There is pretty much nothing more secure than a blockchain. Wait for the white paper Cheesy you'll see what we have planned  Grin
Very interesting idea!

What differentiates this from services such as http://www.intellitix.com/services/cashless/ as far as festival organizers advantages and attendees usage are concerned?

Intellitix (which I've never heard of until just now) appears to be a Hardware solution, utilising RFID & NFC with custom POS systems.

EventToken (AFAIK) is a Software solution, utilising new crypto wallet saoftware on top of existing hardware (smart phones, laptops etc) as POS.

I understand this basic difference, but as an example to illustrate my point - http://vimeo.com/106775134
This video details how the cashless system utilizing these RFID chips functions from an attendee standpoint. They get a bracelet that is their ticket, they scan it to enter the festival grounds, they upload money onto it (either from home beforehand or at one of many POS systems throughout the grounds), and they scan it for all expenditures.

So for example, from a festival attendee standpoint, the two seem about the same.
Option A - Purchase CryptoStock coins (beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my phone or some other existing QR code compatible hardware.
Option B - Purchase Festival Tokens (same virtual currency idea, also beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my bracelet RFID hardware (which I must have anyways)

From a vendor standpoint you may have an advantage, as I was not able to immediately find any information on the processing fees associated with Intellitix but I would assume they would be higher than 1%. Vendors are not the ones who will be making the decision to implement this technology though.

From an organizers standpoint, I find this concept very interesting and it has been proven that cashless systems have many benefits over traditional methods. Thus your idea definitely has merit and is coming from the right direction. I believe Intellitix / Intellipay will cause you some problems though, as they have a proven track record and seem to have provided a solution to the same issues that EventCoin looks to solve.

If there are any advantages of the EventCoin idea that I have missed I would be interested in learning more, but if you have not previously heard of Intellitix I would advise you check these links out for more info, as it seems to be very competitive in nature.

http://www.intellitix.com/pdf/Intellipay%20Cashless%20Payment%20System%20gen2.pdf
https://www.intellitix.com/pdf/TomorrowWorld_Press_Release_2014.pdf

It's a simple case of costs. To do this using blockchain decentralised technology is a lot cheaper than doing it through a centralised RFID system, as every festival goer is supporting the newtork for you. It's also quicker and easier to implement and requires less hardware.

Advantage - lower costs, simpler to implement. Cost and simplicity is at the heart of any business and your right, its not the vendors it is the organisers. I realise intellitix have a bit of a jump on us, and we have much more ideas going forwards (sorry bored of can't release for legal reasons now) but if a festical organiser is faced with 2 systems that can provide a similar end result (and there is no reason ours can't be as advanced as theirs) then, as long as both can prove competency) the organiser with go with lower cost and simpler logistics.

You can still get all the reporting etc that you can get from intellitix by extracting data from the blockchain. You can top up anywhere, no need to to go a top up point, once you register your debit / credit card you can just do it in app.

I can't go into the other advantages until later.

This is a serious project, people on here don't seem to realise the money involved in cashless event systems and access management  but it is huge and it is an absolute perfect fit for blockchain.
Activity: 20
Very interesting idea!

I would have to look further at the intellitix.com services deeper to be able to give you a detailed answer but the main advantage offered by a cryptographic decentralised solution is that the hardware investment is a lot lower and the implementation massively more simple.

As you can see from the intellitix website cashless systems at festivals / events is a large and growing market.  Their cashless system requires vendors to all have RFID hardware technology and specific hardware also by the festival goer.

In our solution all the vendor would need at its most simple level is a piece of paper with a QR code to get paid.

Obviously the simpler the implentation and the less infrastructure needed then the easier it is for all parties concerned.

A lot of the reason we wanted to introduce this and work on it is that at many festivals a lot of vendors don't even have a simple credit card terminal, why load them down with even more unnecessary hardware infrastructure when a simple cryptographic decentralised blockchain can offer the solutions with less work, cost and hardware.

It absolutely is a large and growing market, my concern for this concept is that Intellitix seems to be very far along in said market. While their cashless system does require the vendors and attendees to have the required hardware, this equipment is provided obviously. Whether it is provided at the expense of the organizer via implementation fee or at the expense of the vendor via processing fees much higher than 1%, I do not know without looking into it further or perhaps getting a quote for an upcoming large-scale event I am putting together.

Simpler (and cheaper) implementation and infrastructure is definitely better as long as it does not come at the cost of less reliable performance! Not to imply that your system would, but you would definitely need to be able to clearly illustrate that to organizers that potentially know absolutely nothing about crypto-currencies.

You are right that there is 0 infrastructure of this kind on the vast majority of festivals, my example was definitely keyed more towards extraordinarily large scale events. There may be an opportunity for implementation of EventCoin on a large scale across small to medium sized events, depending on how readily Intellitix will work with these events when faced with competition (and as mentioned above, who the cost of Intellitix implementation and hardware ultimately comes from).

Again though, great idea, just providing some food for thought.
Activity: 20
Very interesting idea!

Intellitix (which I've never heard of until just now) appears to be a Hardware solution, utilising RFID & NFC with custom POS systems.

EventToken (AFAIK) is a Software solution, utilising new crypto wallet saoftware on top of existing hardware (smart phones, laptops etc) as POS.

I understand this basic difference, but as an example to illustrate my point - http://vimeo.com/106775134
This video details how the cashless system utilizing these RFID chips functions from an attendee standpoint. They get a bracelet that is their ticket, they scan it to enter the festival grounds, they upload money onto it (either from home beforehand or at one of many POS systems throughout the grounds), and they scan it for all expenditures.

So for example, from a festival attendee standpoint, the two seem about the same.
Option A - Purchase CryptoStock coins (beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my phone or some other existing QR code compatible hardware.
Option B - Purchase Festival Tokens (same virtual currency idea, also beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my bracelet RFID hardware (which I must have anyways)

From a vendor standpoint you may have an advantage, as I was not able to immediately find any information on the processing fees associated with Intellitix but I would assume they would be higher than 1%. Vendors are not the ones who will be making the decision to implement this technology though.

From an organizers standpoint, I find this concept very interesting and it has been proven that cashless systems have many benefits over traditional methods. Thus your idea definitely has merit and is coming from the right direction. I believe Intellitix / Intellipay will cause you some problems though, as they have a proven track record and seem to have provided a solution to the same issues that EventCoin looks to solve.

If there are any advantages of the EventCoin idea that I have missed I would be interested in learning more, but if you have not previously heard of Intellitix I would advise you check these links out for more info, as it seems to be very competitive in nature.

http://www.intellitix.com/pdf/Intellipay%20Cashless%20Payment%20System%20gen2.pdf
https://www.intellitix.com/pdf/TomorrowWorld_Press_Release_2014.pdf
Very interesting idea!

As you can see from the intellitix website cashless systems at festivals / events is a large and growing market.  Their cashless system requires vendors to all have RFID hardware technology and specific hardware also by the festival goer.

Activity: 436
Merit: 250
Very interesting idea!

Requires specific hardware, higher entry costs & configuration costs.
No user authentication & authorisation on payments (?)  - Bracelets susceptible to unauthorised, remote RFID / NFC scanning.
Festival  goers cannot send credits to each other.

Lower comparable setup costs as can run on existing hardware.
User Authentication & Authorisation possible on payments.
Festival goers could send credits to each other if software configured to allow this.
Festival goers can check their wallet for available balance & transaction history. 
Pages:
Jump to: