Pages:
Author

Topic: EventToken [EVENT] Community Takeover | Blockchain-based Event Solutions - page 19. (Read 44477 times)

Activity: 398
Merit: 250
the question is where do the coins that are swapped to event tokens come from in the first place, your example starts with "1 million coins are swapped". You have to buy them on the exchanges, right? After you have done your swap+festival+swap back thing you have to sell them afterwards, on the exchanges. This is the critical point. You - devs, whoever that is - promise to take over the volatility risk from the vendors. You need to be willing and be able (critical point again) to cover substantial losses in the case the tradeable coin drops during the festival period.

The concept is nonsense, nothing else.

Nope, we hold the coins for the next event that we need them for. A million coins is a large amount I wouldn't expect to need anything like that for initial events, as adoption increases then we will increase our holdings as and when we need. It's not like we are going to need a million coins from the off. It was just an example of a figure.

You fail to understand where the mitigation of volatility risk comes from. It comes from the fact that at the event what is being traded between vendors and festival goers is not EventToken but in fact an asset of the coin created on EventHub, think Counterparty assets.

The reason for this is that it means people who already hold EventToken cannot come in and use their EventToken at the Event. EventToken is the blockchain that backs the created assets that are traded at events.

We need a master blockchain that secures the assets created on EventHub.

Think of it like you think of a coin like Via. Via at clearing house can be used to create assets by burning for XCH. The difference here with eventhub is that the asset can be converted back to the original coin. Why? because otherwise we would end up running out of coins to create the assets from.

What is being traded at the event is the asset not the coin. This is how we mitigate volatility, not by taking coins off exchange.

I dont fail to understand anything. Do you plan on holding the coins indefinitely? The concept is:

buy coins from exchange -> swap to tokens 1:1 -> sell to vendors/customers via webstie -> use tokens at festival -> buy back the token via website -> swap back to coins 1:1 -> sell on exchange.

Right or wrong?

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
the question is where do the coins that are swapped to event tokens come from in the first place, your example starts with "1 million coins are swapped". You have to buy them on the exchanges, right? After you have done your swap+festival+swap back thing you have to sell them afterwards, on the exchanges. This is the critical point. You - devs, whoever that is - promise to take over the volatility risk from the vendors. You need to be willing and be able (critical point again) to cover substantial losses in the case the tradeable coin drops during the festival period.

Nope, we hold the coins for the next event that we need them for. A million coins is a large amount I wouldn't expect to need anything like that for initial events, as adoption increases then we will increase our holdings as and when we need. It's not like we are going to need a million coins from the off. It was just an example of a figure.

You fail to understand where the mitigation of volatility risk comes from. It comes from the fact that at the event what is being traded between vendors and festival goers is not EventToken but in fact an asset of the coin created on EventHub, think Counterparty assets.

The reason for this is that it means people who already hold EventToken cannot come in and use their EventToken at the Event. EventToken is the blockchain that backs the created assets that are traded at events.

We need a master blockchain that secures the assets created on EventHub.

Think of it like you think of a coin like Via. Via at clearing house can be used to create assets by burning for XCH. The difference here with eventhub is that the asset can be converted back to the original coin. Why? because otherwise we would end up running out of coins to create the assets from.

What is being traded at the event is the asset not the coin. This is how we mitigate volatility, not by taking coins off exchange.
Activity: 398

Activity: 133
As an aside, clearly there is something wrong with staking at present. It is not going to be fixable without a fork. Forking during POW is a really bad idea.

Our thoughts are that we will fix it when POW is finished and then up the stake % a little to cover for the less coins received during this stage of staking.
We should get some PR going... this thread is far too quite!

Personally I'm happy for EventToken to fly under the radar a bit longer.

If anyone would like to buy some, send me a PM with offers.

Fine by me too. We have an appointment on Monday with our Intellectual Property lawyer, once that is out of the way we should be able to release our whitepaper that goes into more technical detail and fleshes out our business model a lot more.

If people want to trade and get the coin on exchanges etc then I would suggest the best thing is to tweet them and get other people to RT it.  At this stage we are solely interested in getting the project to a state where we can get more info out and more of the core elements working. Once we get to that stage then we can start pushing more media outlets, campaigns etc but at this stage development has to be our main focus.
Activity: 436

Personally I'm happy for EventToken to fly under the radar a bit longer.

If anyone would like to buy some, send me a PM with offers.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Don't dig dug, or other currency well
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Haven't trading platform, Ken, feeling a little cheated ~! ~!

lol, who are you going to trade with? It's not on an exchange yet.......

You can trade on forums, person to person. Old style. I hit the big time with Doge Coin when I was buying it up on forums around this time last year.

Trading Forum?? Put the site to me good?

We can trade here if we wish.

500 Eventcoin for sale. PM me with your offers.
I have here, 10K, will you?

Not quite getting the concept.
I am selling, not buying Cheesy

You can trade on forums, person to person. Old style. I hit the big time with Doge Coin when I was buying it up on forums around this time last year.

I have here, 10K, will you?

To be honest, right now we are focusing on the project.

We can't get a lot of PR going because until we file our intellectual property claims on some of the elements we can't even make them public. We had to have a working backbone to the project to prove viability to make our IP claims.

This is a long term project that will take time to come to its fruition and end point, which we hope will be a major use of blockchain technology in a specific industry. Not an industry specific coin but application of blockchain technology to solve a very real problem.

Blockchain is the future, it is the pandoras box that bitcoin opened and that cannot be closed. One day all kinds of things will be backed by the uncurruptible,unforgeable and public nature of a decentralised checksum based ledger.

Bitcoin may or may not continue in its current form but blockchain tech sure as hell will. What is important is the application of the technology. We are working on a project that intends to simplify logistics, lower cost base and improve accessibility for the events industry by securing distribution of certain assets using blockchain tech.

EventToken the cryptocurrency is the blockchain that will back that. A time will come when the crypto community can see and understand the value of what it is we are creating here and PR will not be overly necessary.

Activity: 184
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

Activity: 135
Admin BinPool.com
Activity: 827
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad
I'm removing the eventToken pool due to lack of interest, no one ever joined so...

Odd, lowest total hash has been 4 g/hash.

Most of the hash is on supernova
Pages:
Jump to: