Pages:
Author

Topic: Everything is an investment-change my mind - page 11. (Read 1488 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
November 27, 2018, 10:16:58 AM
That's all the point. All types of investment has its own risk, we can simply apply the simple term "no pain, no gain".

And we will never see gain if we will not take the risk. Those who wants to invest but isn't willing to take the risk, you will fall for those scams that are guaranteeing you profits but you can't be sure on how long they are going to tell you sweet words about your gains until they're gone.
every successful businessman must have overcome a bad thing, but they keep trying and getting up so that success approaches him. the need for this process requires a lot of experience
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
November 27, 2018, 09:49:14 AM
I constantly here people say " Only invest what you can afford to lose"  Well no matter where your wealth is it could crash.

-Invest in USD- USA could collapse and experience mass inflation making your dollars nearly worthless
-Invest in Bonds- Government could collapse making your bonds worthless
-Invest in real estate- Housing prices could crash, natural disaster could hit and insurance company could go bankrupt
-Invest in metals- prices could crash, asteroid mining could collapse prices

Your money is never 100% safe no matter where it is invested.
On investment world it doesn't really give out 100% safe of your money to gain profits and the fact even just your money is sitting out on a safe on your house do still have the tendency for it to be lost neither
it would be burned or being infested by rats etc. and talking your money is on the bank there still tendency that the bank would go bankrupt.So no matter which angle you would see there would always be the risk
and that's always been part of our lives.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
November 27, 2018, 09:40:56 AM
That's all the point. All types of investment has its own risk, we can simply apply the simple term "no pain, no gain".

And we will never see gain if we will not take the risk. Those who wants to invest but isn't willing to take the risk, you will fall for those scams that are guaranteeing you profits but you can't be sure on how long they are going to tell you sweet words about your gains until they're gone.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
November 27, 2018, 08:49:35 AM
I constantly here people say " Only invest what you can afford to lose"  Well no matter where your wealth is it could crash.

-Invest in USD- USA could collapse and experience mass inflation making your dollars nearly worthless
-Invest in real estate- Housing prices could crash, natural disaster could hit and insurance company could go bankrupt

Yes, everything is an investment but certain investments are riskier than others. I would say most people would think of crypto as riskier than lets say metal whose price may not crash overnight, although it can but its less likely to happen. When you're investing you're taking a risk regardless of where you put it or not put it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
November 27, 2018, 08:31:12 AM
Every investment has a risk, it's just that the risk of each investment has a different value. maybe if investing in real estate will be less risky than investing in metals, and investing in metals will be less risky than investing in currencies. Everyone is free to invest if someone dares to take a risk. Of course, the greater the risk that is obtained, the greater the profits will be obtained.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
November 27, 2018, 07:45:07 AM

Yes, I coudnt agree more, wherever you put your investments it will never be safe, it will just be at lesser risk or at a greater risk, but I think it is better than having nothing to do at all, atleast you have something to look forward to, and you might even hit it big, just think about how much investment are you willing to do.
Thats why you shouldnt just throw your money away and call it and investment. You should study the market and learn when you should go in and out.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
November 27, 2018, 07:35:34 AM
Stability? There is no such.It all depends on something.Cryptocurrency is valuable because of consensus.

copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
November 27, 2018, 06:55:43 AM

Yes, I coudnt agree more, wherever you put your investments it will never be safe, it will just be at lesser risk or at a greater risk, but I think it is better than having nothing to do at all, atleast you have something to look forward to, and you might even hit it big, just think about how much investment are you willing to do.
Investment is very risky, that's why its better to invest wisely and choose asset wisely because there are possibility you will get huge losses if you invest in not worth it investment. Beside nowaday we should be more very careful of choosing asset because there's a lot people encounter a huge losing money. Also its better if they are aware of the risk in investment, so I think investment is only for those who willing to do anything and take the risk.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
November 27, 2018, 06:11:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
November 27, 2018, 06:05:10 AM

Absolutely true!! I would not defer from what you have said. However, that's the reason why we rely on the historical pattern before investing a large sum to any asset.

No investment is risk free but we are in pursuit to find less risky investment. Misfortune can struck anytime without prior notice but if the fear of loosing is holding you back from investment, that's also not right!! This way you will only loose out on opportunities!

Don't ever limit yourself, instead try to see the statistics and historical data before committing a large sum.
Activity: 210
Merit: 29
November 27, 2018, 05:52:31 AM
I would personally not classify everything as an investment. I could buy a house or piece of property for my own personal use without expecting any return on investment.

Taking a practical approach, in ecmvery investment there is different grades if risks involved and this should determine how much you put in.

A natural disaster is less likely to happen (in my part of the world) than for bitcoins' price to crash.
Activity: 456
Merit: 15
November 27, 2018, 05:26:53 AM
Yes, all investment products have no market space now. There is only cryptocurrency in the real market space. But cryptocurrencies won't make money for everyone, and whales need to eat small fish to survive.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
November 27, 2018, 05:00:09 AM
When we say investment, it means risk is in there for sure. Now the question is, are you ready to take the risk?
Because you are going to use money in the investment whether traditional or online business. But all investment schemes has a capability
to give us profit if we do it properly and right system as well in my point of view.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 27, 2018, 04:08:13 AM

That's correct. Even money by itself is not safe (best example: Venezuela).

But on each investment there is the risk factor. The bigger the risk, the bigger the chance the investment will fail. Just usually with the risk comes also the potential return.
And then here comes the diversifying to spread the risk and keep the potential return as high as possible.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 27, 2018, 04:02:28 AM
One of those are not like the other. Housing market could crash but it would affect you only if you are renting out an extra house or something. If you do not own a house and you buy a house even if at a steep price it is still an investment that you own a house now, having a house is not like any other investment in the sense that you basically live in it and you need it more then anything else.

You need food but you can't technically invest in food, you need cash for that and you can "invest" in cash which sounds silly so basically only investment you can do that is absolutely must is a house. I for one live a very frugal and poor life but at least I own my house and will never have to worry about housing ever again. That freedom gives you amazing flexibility in any other investment you can make.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
November 27, 2018, 03:38:01 AM

Indeed, in fact, any investment in its form must have its own risks, and so to determine the success and profitability of our investment depends on how we manage it. About people who say "Only invest what you can afford to lose" I suggest not to invest, because your first thought was wrong so I'm sure it will waste your time, we invest in profits so we have to be able to handle or minimize the risks in our investment, to invest we must do it seriously.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
November 27, 2018, 03:11:04 AM
I constantly here people say " Only invest what you can afford to lose"  Well no matter where your wealth is it could crash.

You're absolutely right. But obviously, the saying is still absolutely valid.

It's all about the risk and the reward in my opinion. An asset class like fiat cash would obviously be quite stable in the short run, but its value would drastically depreciate in the long run given the inflationary nature of the currency supply.

Same with bitcoin - in the long run, I wouldn't doubt that it's a store of value given its capped supply, but in the short term, there is risk that prices will go down due to a bear market.

Everything and anything have monetary risks and can appreciate and depreciate. What matters in terms of finance and investing is diversification of these risks in one's portfolio, in my opinion, unless you're absolutely certain that one asset class will outperform the rest, which I believe is pretty much impossible.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
November 24, 2018, 10:53:08 PM
yes, everyone has the risk of each. and in this crypto investment, the most prominent is its fluctuating price of crypto. so I think there is no problem if someone invests in crypto, because other investments also have the same level of risk.
ict
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
November 24, 2018, 08:07:40 PM
yes this is correct. all activities that we do in the crypto world are investments in the long run. because this currency is a trading commodity that we can sell at any time when we need money. and crypto currencies are not the money we use to transact like conventional money. so crypto currencies are more like stocks in general and are more suitable for investment.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 24, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
Every investment has its risks, but some are riskier than others. Thinking this way we are also never safe in life: an accident can happen any time and kill us, doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing... It's very dangerous to start thinking this way, because it leads the person to fear every step in life, consequently the individual will have difficult to make even simple decisions and thrive.
Pages:
Jump to: