Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 26. (Read 179234 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
https://www.crypto-coinz.net
I am facing the following situation, maybe somebody else has found a solution or know what I should look for: all my six 1070 are mining zcash as they should, until excavator crashes (it can take a few minute, or hour or days sometimes) - however when excavator resumes, in the same window, I sees only 5 of the 6 cards. Even if I restart excavator it does not see the other card. Funny thing is - the card is present in device manager.
For the card to reappear, I need to restart the rig, and it's there until excavator crashes again...

Any ideeas?

Dial down your overclock. THis is just the driver failing and crashing for that specific card.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
https://www.crypto-coinz.net
Guys,

are there going to be any more optimisations for equihash and GTX 1070/1080Ti?
Or the focus now is to have more algos on Excavator?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I am facing the following situation, maybe somebody else has found a solution or know what I should look for: all my six 1070 are mining zcash as they should, until excavator crashes (it can take a few minute, or hour or days sometimes) - however when excavator resumes, in the same window, I sees only 5 of the 6 cards. Even if I restart excavator it does not see the other card. Funny thing is - the card is present in device manager.
For the card to reappear, I need to restart the rig, and it's there until excavator crashes again...

Any ideeas?
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
zawawa, what about GCN1 cards?

Dual-mining and the Linux port are my priorities now, but I will definitely get to GCN1.

Zawawa, I'm relatively new to Ethereum Mining - I've only been doing it a couple of months.
I've tried your Excavator miner and I have to say I'm impressed!
I did some benchmarking with my computer which uses dual GTX 1060 6GB Nvidia graphics cards and while it's 2% slower compared with ethminer, I saved a whopping 12% on electricity using excavator compared with Ethminer, making your miner the more efficient miner by 3%!
Plus, your Excavator miner is a darn sight more stable compared with Ethminer too!

Kudos to you, good sir!

PS.  There's an bug with dag generation and share submission.  After about 4 hours of mining, Excavator generates a new DAG cache, and then the next dozen or so shares are rejected with errors, "Share above target" or "Job not found"

More optimizations by dropky are on their way. Very impressive, actually. I am looking into DAG generation right now.
Activity: 5
There's an bug with dag generation and share submission.  After about 4 hours of mining, Excavator generates a new DAG cache, and then the next dozen or so shares are rejected with errors, "Share above target" or "Job not found"

Actually, it's a lot more than a dozen shares.  Checking the output, 791 total shares, 720 accepted, 69 were rejected with "Share above target" - that's a 8.72% failed share rate.

2 were rejected with "Job not found".
Activity: 5

Dual-mining and the Linux port are my priorities now, but I will definitely get to GCN1.

Zawawa, I'm relatively new to Ethereum Mining - I've only been doing it a couple of months.
I've tried your Excavator miner and I have to say I'm impressed!
I did some benchmarking with my computer which uses dual GTX 1060 6GB Nvidia graphics cards and while it's 2% slower compared with ethminer, I saved a whopping 12% on electricity using excavator compared with Ethminer, making your miner the more efficient miner by 3%!
Plus, your Excavator miner is a darn sight more stable compared with Ethminer too!

Kudos to you, good sir!

PS.  There's an bug with dag generation and share submission.  After about 4 hours of mining, Excavator generates a new DAG cache, and then the next dozen or so shares are rejected with errors, "Share above target" or "Job not found"
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

Ok, thanx. I'll wait until you have a time to get to GCN1. Hope that it will be in not so far...
Miner Developer

Activity: 392
Merit: 266
EthMonitoring.com
Miner Developer
sorry  How to run it on Linux?

I cannot install Microsoft Visual C++, it requires install wine.  I think Wine allows run unsafe software
from Microsoft Windoze - it cannot be used on miners servers.

I cannot found  .deb or other type of releases for linux
please show me if they exists.

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/32
aa

The Linux version is not available yet.
I am still working on hardware acceleration for it.
It seems like I could get some extra help from AMD engineers.
We will see.
Author, will you add Equihash and other algos optimizations for GCN1 cards?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
sorry  How to run it on Linux?

I cannot install Microsoft Visual C++, it requires install wine.  I think Wine allows run unsafe software
from Microsoft Windoze - it cannot be used on miners servers.

I cannot found  .deb or other type of releases for linux
please show me if they exists.

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/32
aa
Miner Developer
I was wondering if I should use ROCm instead of the infamous AMDGPU-PRO for the upcoming Linux support for excavator.
ROCm definitely seems cleaner and more efficient... What do you guys think?
Miner Developer
Here comes a new version! Sorry for the delay...

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.2.11a

- added support for TITAN Xp
- added algorithm CUDA lyra2rev2
- added API method message
- bug fixes & improvements

Personally, I worked really hard to make AMD support as reliable as possible.
It took me forever to fix all these bugs, but I think it's worth it. Enjoy!
Why were the command line parameters cut? It is common practice, and much easier to utilise miners via comand line params.

I would have kept the command line parameters, but djeZo is a purist and excavator is really his child, so...
I suppose you could ask him to restore the command-line parameters.
Merit: 106

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.2.11a

- added support for TITAN Xp
- added algorithm CUDA lyra2rev2
- added API method message
- bug fixes & improvements

Personally, I worked really hard to make AMD support as reliable as possible.
It took me forever to fix all these bugs, but I think it's worth it. Enjoy!
Why were the command line parameters cut? It is common practice, and much easier to utilise miners via comand line params.
Activity: 39
hi,
excavator should support suprnova.cc with ethereum ?
I have such error: Net error: JSON member "error" not expected type: Array
any idea how to fix it ?
Miner Developer
@zawawa are you guys planning to expose some parameters for equihash for fine tuning?
I am aware that excavator is a few % slower than EWBF but the slowdown seems to be exponential.
On the hardware i tested.
gigabyte 1060 3GB: 84% TDP, ~10sol/s slower (3-4%)
asus 1070 8GB: 79% TDP, ~20sol/s slower (5-6%)
msi 1080 8GB: 90% TDP, ~60sol/s slower (10-12%)

I have one machine that uses 1x 1080 and 3x 1060 3GB with equihash, on excavator (2 workers per card), i get around ~1330 sol/s, while on EWBF its around ~1420 sol/s with the same TDP/OC settings.

Is there anything i can do on the excavator side to improve this?

You might want to ask djeZo as I really haven't touched the CUDA side of excavator.
He and I did exchange ideas about hardware acceleration for NVIDIA cards, and that is definitely something I could work on after I am done with the Linux port.
Activity: 536
Merit: 321
any update on linux version?

Excavator is already running on Linux. I will polish the Linux port this week and see how that goes.

Cool Smiley Waiting for release.
Miner Developer
any update on linux version?

Excavator is already running on Linux. I will polish the Linux port this week and see how that goes.

Pages:
Jump to: