Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 3. (Read 179226 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 7
Dear friend,

Tell me please

I have mining via excavator v.1.4.4

How i can set in bat file or in config file - maximum temperature for gpus, for example 63 C.
If temp will reach 63 C on some kind of GPUs, than miner will slow or pause mining on this GPU

Thank you

Please forgive for bad english

You can use some third-party software (MSI Afterburner for example) and set temperature limit to 63 C or you can use excavator API:

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api#-devicesettdp

With device.set.tdp method you can set TDP or thermal design power which controls the maximum amount of heat generated by the GPU.

{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["device_id","New TDP limit %"]}
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Dear friend,

Tell me please

I have mining via excavator v.1.4.4

How i can set in bat file or in config file - maximum temperature for gpus, for example 63 C.
If temp will reach 63 C on some kind of GPUs, than miner will slow or pause mining on this GPU

Thank you

Please forgive for bad english
Activity: 7
Here's the API for 1.4.4a and below, from the github history. See the 3rd paramenter to "algorithm.add" where it says "Username and password (split with Smiley"

Ah thanks mate you are a champion...that will help with rejected shares... i prefer static differ over var diff.

Where does the Nicehash excavator team take donations? I don't think it's a donation-based miner. They're a proprietary, closed-playground project. Their funding is from Nicehash. If you want to pay them for their miner, just mine at Nicehash. In which case, you'd use the more recent 1.5+ versions. If you want to use 1.4.4a, they've clearly abandoned it and don't support it connecting to other pools, so I wouldn't worry about paying them for that lack of support.

You are correct, i cannot find a bitcoin address to donate too in the read me file...
Also Dropky did help a few posts back.. i wouldn't say 1.4.4a its abandoned completely , as u said they are updating to more recent version such 1.5+...

call me old, but im kinda used to using legacy style mining software, furthermore im not sure i could mine the coin i want on supranova pool with the recent ver 1.5 , im assuming i need to connect to a nice-hash stratum..

Regardless thanks for helping me with the password and user name command ill give it a try and report back ... Smiley

Activity: 19
the pass d=200 is where you may adjust for static with different miners...

is there a way to put the static diff using excavator 1.4.4a?

Here's the API for 1.4.4a and below, from the github history. See the 3rd paramenter to "algorithm.add" where it says "Username and password (split with Smiley"

btw i really am enjoying this miner i will donate i wont scum out

Where does the Nicehash excavator team take donations? I don't think it's a donation-based miner. They're a proprietary, closed-playground project. Their funding is from Nicehash. If you want to pay them for their miner, just mine at Nicehash. In which case, you'd use the more recent 1.5+ versions. If you want to use 1.4.4a, they've clearly abandoned it and don't support it connecting to other pools, so I wouldn't worry about paying them for that lack of support.
Thanks Mate , i really appreciate your reply.

if i may ask one more question , it is in regards to Static diff...

some mining pools allow for statics diff which can be placed in the password command in the bat file

eg...  miner --server zec.suprnova.cc --user zxy --pass d=200  --port 6266

the pass d=200 is where you may adjust for static with different miners...

is there a way to put the static diff using excavator 1.4.4a?

thank-you

btw i really am enjoying this miner i will donate i wont scum out
"If no parameters are provided, device specific defaults are used (M=1). We suggest using two workers per device when running equihash with mode 0*, otherwise use one worker per device.

* To manage intensity of this algorithm, we suggest you to run only one worker to reach low intensity and multiple (suggest 2) workers per device to reach optimal speed."

1 GTX 1080 GPU is the setup

from what i know p-0 is enabled by default , do i edit the  "default_command_file.json" and put 2 exactly like this

{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}

Does this command give the low intensity and the optimal speed?

Thank-you

Short explanation of M parameter for equihash:

M parameter can be set to either 0, 1 or 2 and determines which kernel will be executed (currently, we have 3 different implementations for equihash).

The highest speed can be reached with M=1 parameter (default). Run one worker per device (multiple workers are suggested to be used only when running equihash with M=0 parameter).

If you want to run equihash on low intensity and still reach a decent speed (lower compared to M=1) then use M=0 parameter and use one worker per device.

Hash speed: M=0 (1 worker) < M=0 (2 workers) < M=1 (1 worker)
Intensity: M=0 (1 worker) < M=0 (2 workers) == M=1 (1 worker)

To summer up - best option for 1080 is M=1 with one worker.
I am trying to mine lyra2v2 on zpool, but pool reports only like 30% of my reported hashrate...any thoughts?

There were reports of lower pool speed on specific pools, but since the most recent versions of excavator only support NiceHash stratum, we're not gonna address this issue atm.
Activity: 32
I am trying to mine lyra2v2 on zpool, but pool reports only like 30% of my reported hashrate...any thoughts?
"If no parameters are provided, device specific defaults are used (M=1). We suggest using two workers per device when running equihash with mode 0*, otherwise use one worker per device.

* To manage intensity of this algorithm, we suggest you to run only one worker to reach low intensity and multiple (suggest 2) workers per device to reach optimal speed."

1 GTX 1080 GPU is the setup

from what i know p-0 is enabled by default , do i edit the  "default_command_file.json" and put 2 exactly like this

{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}

Does this command give the low intensity and the optimal speed?

Thank-you
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
Ooh the new version of excavator. Makes sense.
Thank you dropky.
@apiontek Currently there is no plan to open-source the new protocol.

@tadeus1 We implemented a new mining protocol (NHMP - NiceHash Miner Protocol) that is used between our stratum servers and excavator.
My 2 rigs (running nicehash) have gone full retard starting yesterday.  Numerous crashes.  Rig 1 popping up with Nvidia Driver update warning.  I have the latest and it still pops up with it now and then since yesterday (i see this warning because of the numerous crashes and needed reboots).  Rig 2 running without driver warning even though it has the same Nvidia driver updates AND has all GPU's (11) that are Nvidia GTX 10 series. It has crashed less than Rig 1 though.  As if the lower payouts arent enough now ive gotta deal with instability and loss of profit from all the crashes.  Changes are coming soon....at my house.

Since your rigs worked fine before you should check for any potential changes in your system (windows update, driver update, etc). Also recheck your PSU connectors and risers if everything is connected ok.
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
https://github.com/nicehash/Specifications
although not updated recently.

As far as I know most popular other miners already have support for it already - i.e. Claymore, dtsm, etc.  unless I am missing something here, what new mining protocol?

Activity: 19
To everyone worrying - you can still use 1.4.4a for legacy stratum protocol pools. So far I haven't noticed that 1.5.x is significantly faster. It seems a teensy tiny bit faster in equihash, but it's a wash for neoscrypt and lyra2v2. So just keep using 1.4.4a if you don't want to mine at nicehash.

Also, if you already have mining scripts that use multiple miners, it shouldn't be too hard to add in the new excavator as a totally new miner. Say, call the old one "excavator-classic" or call the new one "excavator-nhmp" or something. That's what I did.

To the excavator devs:

question: is there any chance of the new nicehash mining protocol being documented or open-sourced in some way so other software devs could implement support for it in their miners? Setting aside dstm -- which it sounds like you're working on overtaking anyway -- ethminer, claymore, xmrig and xmrig-nvidia for example are all still significantly faster than excavator, and if they could support nhmp I bet it'd be a net positive for Nicehash.
Activity: 234
Merit: 2
My 2 rigs (running nicehash) have gone full retard starting yesterday.  Numerous crashes.  Rig 1 popping up with Nvidia Driver update warning.  I have the latest and it still pops up with it now and then since yesterday (i see this warning because of the numerous crashes and needed reboots).  Rig 2 running without driver warning even though it has the same Nvidia driver updates AND has all GPU's (11) that are Nvidia GTX 10 series. It has crashed less than Rig 1 though.  As if the lower payouts arent enough now ive gotta deal with instability and loss of profit from all the crashes.  Changes are coming soon....at my house.
From version 1.5.0a further excavator supports only NiceHash stratum servers.

Why?

We implemented our own stratum protocol (nhmp) to reduce the network traffic.   

No way to maintain backwards compatibility? Your miner is the best for neoscrypt and possibly other algos as well.

Unfortunately no. You can still use old versions that are supporting the standard stratum protocol.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
From version 1.5.0a further excavator supports only NiceHash stratum servers.

Why?

We implemented our own stratum protocol (nhmp) to reduce the network traffic.   

No way to maintain backwards compatibility? Your miner is the best for neoscrypt and possibly other algos as well.
Pushed out a new version today (linux version as well):
https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.5.1a

Changelog:
  • API bug fixes
  • Added devices.get method to API
  • CryptoNight and CryptoNightV7 bug fixes
  • Speed improvements for lyra2rev2 on Titan V
So what about equihash? Any plan to catch DSTM?

Yes, we're working on it.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
So what about equihash? Any plan to catch DSTM?
Pages:
Jump to: