Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 52. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
The wait is over, folks! Here comes the new version:

excavator v1.2.0a
https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.2.0a

New features include:

• changed commanding interface to JSON based messages over startup file or API
  • CUDA: added decred
  • added OpenCL support
  • OpenCL: added pascal
  • OpenCL: added equihash

Please read the documentations very carefully, especially if you are using AMD cards.

We would love to hear your feedback to make excavator the best miner ever. Enjoy!
Miner Developer
New version of excavator is very very near, be prepared.

No more old way of giving commands over command line; get ready for true commanding over API and out of the box dual/trippe/etc mining, OpenCL support and new algorithms. We also prepared a way to run the miner standalone by writing a big "config/commanding" file that is very powerful when it comes to commanding miner as it supports everything API has. However, it will still be just an alpha version.
Maybe there will be a LINUX binary at last...

I was just assigned to a Linux port a few days ago.
I'm planning to prepare binaries for Ubuntu first.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

No more old way of giving commands over command line; get ready for true commanding over API and out of the box dual/trippe/etc mining, OpenCL support and new algorithms. We also prepared a way to run the miner standalone by writing a big "config/commanding" file that is very powerful when it comes to commanding miner as it supports everything API has. However, it will still be just an alpha version.

Just guessing, but this sounds like it will be the centerpiece of NiceHash Miner 2.0...  Great sounding stuff!  I anxiously await my chance to give the alpha a try!
Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Maybe there will be a LINUX binary at last...
Miner Developer
I'm testing the new version of excavator on R9 Nano, and it is actually *faster* than Claymore's by 3% or so.
Good stuff.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Have someone noticed gradual profitability/payrate decrease last week? On my GTX 1070 rate fell from ~0.0022 to 0.0015 BTC/day for now, in $ it fell respectively, though I still do ~440H/s with excavator. Is this problem global?
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
If you will make it good then sure we will see new faster Claymore ))
Miner Developer
As far as ZEC mining on Windows is concerned, the current developmental version of excavator is much faster than Optiminer and only 3% slower than Claymore's on RX 480. I have a few more tricks in my bag. We will see.

Where does EWBF fit into this equation? When I mine equihash on my Nvidia (1070s and 1060s) rig using EWBF - I get the same hash-rate as an AMD R9 390 rig but using HALF the power in watts.

Reducing power consumption is definitely one of my goals.
The next alpha release may not be optimal in terms of power consumption, but I will make the necessary adjustments in subsequent versions.
Activity: 372
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
As far as ZEC mining on Windows is concerned, the current developmental version of excavator is much faster than Optiminer and only 3% slower than Claymore's on RX 480. I have a few more tricks in my bag. We will see.

Where does EWBF fit into this equation? When I mine equihash on my Nvidia (1070s and 1060s) rig using EWBF - I get the same hash-rate as an AMD R9 390 rig but using HALF the power in watts.
Activity: 372
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
Github yet or still "developmental" ?

We are preparing the next version right now. Should be ready *very* soon...

Cool! Release! Release! C'mon!
Miner Developer

We are preparing the next version right now. Should be ready *very* soon...
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Miner Developer
Miner Developer
Honestly, I am tired of my GPL'ed codes being copied into private/commercial miners.
Nothing personal, but it just doesn't make any sense. Oh well.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Why do you want excavator? So you can use it for all your next GPL-breaking projects? ^^ You finally realized that ccminer base is shit and completely outdated for modern needs?

I thought that the point of making the excavator was that it doesn't use GPL code...? So if you decide to release it, it's not gpl...
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Yeah, and we bought it.
If he says it is unrealistic, you better bet it is unrealistic.  Roll Eyes

Why don't you opensource excavator, and I will add 5% for free. unrealistic but not impossible...
Activity: 308
Quote from: djeZo

1. Highly unrealistic speed up.

People were saying the same thing when you posted that screenshot of your  miner almost half a year ago Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Hmm... Very interesting.
ccminer is GPL'ed, no?
The source code should be available.

By the way, I was finally able to get the GDS working on Windows on the AMD land.
It has been so long playing catch up with Claymore's and Optiminer...

zawawa ...

if you have not been exposed to sp - then you need to be informed ...

he takes ( read - copies ) gpl code - takes other developers code for kernels ( read - copies ) - tweaks - compiled in windows only and releases them as a 'private' miner for his monetary gain ...

he makes money on gpl code - which is fine ( as part of the gpl license ) but BREAKS the license by NOT supplying the code with the private distribution ...

any dealings with sp - will fall into the same category ... he WILL take opensource code - tweak ( sometimes change only a line or remark ) and rerelease the code as 'his' code in private form and not release the sourcecode ...

thats why he sells the private miners and gains so called 'pocket money' ... this 'pocket money' has allowed him to purchase a gpu farm bigger than most entities mining these days ...

so much for licensing and policing the license ... and so much for pocket money that can allow you to grow in to a few thousand gpu farm ...

#crysx
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
we need a new escavator release :DDDDDD
zawawa c'mon Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: