Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 47. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
how do i use the bat something is missing, i can't seems to get it work to run on suprnovaa, what line should i add for that? where to put username and password?

I believe you need to edit your default_command_file.json  with that information and then run the excavator+web+restart_script.bat to launch the miner.

i edited that with the commanline of my usually pool password and user, but nothing happen, i only see the browser open and tell me the number of gpu, but it say failed to initialaized etc..., can you post an example how to run this please? thank you
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
@zawawa
Any progress with the Linux version?

I am currently doing preparatory work for the upcoming Linux version.
Excavator's code base is very clean, so there shouldn't be any problems.

This is very good news!
Thanks  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
When I try that above configuration for sia I just get this:

==================== www.nicehash.com ====================
         Excavator v1.2.2a GPU Miner for NiceHash.
    Copyright (C) 2017 NiceHash. All rights reserved.
Developed by djeZo and zawawa with help and contributors:
    pallas, Vorksholk, bitbandi, ocminer

Build time: 2017-05-21 16:46:05
Build number: 29
Provided startup commandline:
        "E:\Mining\Excavator\excavator.exe"

[19:53:04][0x00000f30][info] Log started
[19:53:04][0x00000f30][info] core | Found CUDA device: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
[19:53:05][0x00000f30][info] core | Found CUDA device: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
[19:53:05][0x00000f30][info] api | Listening on 127.0.0.1:3456
[19:53:05][0x00000f30][info] core | Initialized!

This is my first foray into json, so I'm most likely missing something basic.

Run that .bat file instead of .exe. Keep in mind: excavator is more similar to a server app than desktop app.

previous version were working fine with the exe, why the change? getting more confusing and all..

Yes, it may look more confusing, but if take 10min of your time to study what it supports, you will realize that it has a very good aproach that covers everything needed: algo switching, multiple simultaneous pools, dual, tripple mining, device on/off

We could, of course, make a special limited startup fully featured command line like other miners have but that would just mean more programming work and more studying needed for end users.

Current approach gives you knowledge of API and startup commands at the same time, because they are basically the same. What you use for startup, you can use later when Excavator is already running and it will work the same way.

BTW, I suggest you all to take a look at API docs that are being written and almost fully complete: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api

i can't find how to launch the miner, by adding the url of the pool, where is the line to dd this in the bat?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
I am using power_limit on a pair of GTX 1080 Tis  and it appears to be working correctly. For example, if I set it to 150 both GPUs will fluctuate right around 150 watts each for the duration of mining.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
If I were to guess, "power_limit" is for opencl with amd, and "tpd" is for cuda with NVidia.  Correct me if I am wrong devs.
Activity: 38
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Here comes Sia and Decred mining for AMD users. Enjoy!

excavator Release v1.2.3 alpha
https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.2.3a

We are also preparing for ETH mining.
With it, dual- and triple-mining with any of the existing algorithms is possible.
We will keep you updated.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520

Run that .bat file instead of .exe. Keep in mind: excavator is more similar to a server app than desktop app.

previous version were working fine with the exe, why the change? getting more confusing and all..

Yes, it may look more confusing, but if take 10min of your time to study what it supports, you will realize that it has a very good aproach that covers everything needed: algo switching, multiple simultaneous pools, dual, tripple mining, device on/off

We could, of course, make a special limited startup fully featured command line like other miners have but that would just mean more programming work and more studying needed for end users.

Current approach gives you knowledge of API and startup commands at the same time, because they are basically the same. What you use for startup, you can use later when Excavator is already running and it will work the same way.

BTW, I suggest you all to take a look at API docs that are being written and almost fully complete: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
how do i use the bat something is missing, i can't seems to get it work to run on suprnovaa, what line should i add for that? where to put username and password?

I believe you need to edit your default_command_file.json  with that information and then run the excavator+web+restart_script.bat to launch the miner.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
NEW TO THE THREAD AND CATCHING UP--

Looks fascinating so far, I will read it all!  I do have a question, and parden me if it is unseemly, but will Excavator 1.2.2a (or newer) be included in NiceHashMiner soon, or will we need to wait for the planned NiceHashMiner v2?

The current payout for Equihash is so strong that  I may just switch to Excavator 1.2.2a and give NiceHashMiner a rest.       --scryptr

I got a word from our PR department. I cannot tell you much at this point, but your wait will be VERY short.

THANK YOU FOR THE VERY PROMPT RESPONSE! --

I am about to install the latest Excavator on single-GPU workhorse.  It is nice to hear that the teams are all tracking.       --scryptr
Miner Developer
@zawawa

I am currently doing preparatory work for the upcoming Linux version.
Excavator's code base is very clean, so there shouldn't be any problems.
Miner Developer

Looks fascinating so far, I will read it all!  I do have a question, and parden me if it is unseemly, but will Excavator 1.2.2a (or newer) be included in NiceHashMiner soon, or will we need to wait for the planned NiceHashMiner v2?

The current payout for Equihash is so strong that  I may just switch to Excavator 1.2.2a and give NiceHashMiner a rest.       --scryptr

I got a word from our PR department. I cannot tell you much at this point, but your wait will be VERY short.
Miner Developer

I will ask the lead of the NHM team.
Activity: 162
looking good...
keep it up :-)
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 254
Time to add opencl eth mining to this monster  Grin
Miner Developer
Decred for AMD is in!

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Activity: 27
@zawawa
Pages:
Jump to: