Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 55. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 677
Merit: 500
I haven't played around with the settings as much as some of you, but my best speed (and OC) is around 648 S/s.  Power lim at 120%, +140 core, +500 mem.  Temp gets as high as 85c.  I think efficiency was somewhere around 2.x - Core was at around 1980 MHz while mem is 5508 MHz.  Power draw was around 275W I think.  Fan was at around 80%

I found the best efficiency I could do was just leave it at base clock (1480/5005).  Dialed the power lim it 63% and leave the core and mem clock at +0.  This leaves me with 540 S/s at 3.4 efficiency, 72c (lower fan speed - 42%) and power draw of 157W.

For GTX 1080 Ti, best setting is: +240 core, -300 mem, 60% TDP. You get 630 sol/s (if you keep temps low) at 150 W.

This works for me using EWBF's miner, but not yours.  For whatever reason it crashes if I go beyond +140 on the core.

I didn't think it mattered because the 60% power limit would keep the core at around 1500 MHz anyways, but apparently it does.  Not sure how that works.

With EWBF's miner, it hashes about the same as yours (530-540 S/s) with +140 (1500 MHz limited by power at 60%).  But at +240, yours crashes but EWBF's will mine at 610-630 S/s even though the core still only get as high as around 1500 MHz limited by power at 60%.

So not sure why it performs better at +240 vs +140 even though the actual clock speed is the same due to power limits.  Also don't know why excavator crashes over +140 but not EWBF.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Excavator's API has a pretty interesting minimalist design philosophy, which is refreshingly different from sgminer etc.
I would imagine its merits would become clearer as we add more features and algorithms and develop helper applications that take advantage of it.
As for raw performance, I will do everything I can to make it a top-notch OpenCL miner.
Now that I have more time and resources, I can try things that were previously impossible for me, and I am really excited about that.

so is excavator a closed source product using opensource algos? ...

yet no opensourced gpl licence adherence? ...

and you are 'happy' to work on a system that breaks the licensing agreements? ... if of course that is the case - which it seems likely it is ... though i could be completely wrong about this - i have yet to see - thats all ...

im interested to know how this free windows based miner stands up to that test - especially since nicehash can buy almost any dev they please in the current btc market ...

who owns nicehash btw? ... as much as the nicehash service is pretty awesome service by most standards - there is little information about where when and how it was established and who owns it ... i use it - and so does our company - as it IS a good system that has been created here ... but outstanding questions have yet to be answered here as those ive raised - and im more curious than i am anything else ...

be that as it may - congrats on the 'job' anyway mate ... nicehash certainly know how to pull in the good devs ...

#crysx

Excavator does not and will never violate GPL licenses when it comes to including work/optimisations of other dev's mining code. Currently, it has equihash and pascal algorithms, both developed and based entirely on MIT licenses of various people. zawawa is putting in his own pascal implementation and his own equihash implementation (based on silentarmys MIT license). We are also talking with several devs to include other popular algorithms such as decred, lyra2rev2, lbry and we are aware that if we go down that road, authors of these codes need to make special non-GPL code for us and that costs - and we are fully prepared to pay for that.

and so it is ...

im fully aware of that ... and as such - i needed confirmation - which you have readily given and not withheld ...

this is rare in this day and age of crypto - so one can expect such questions to arise from time to time ...

tanx for your openness and honesty with the response ...

im still wondering ( this is merely a to amuse my curiosity more than anything at all ) who is the actual owner of nicehash and its servers / segments? ... its a comprehensive and complex system that has been created - and a financially successful one at that - even though the infrastructure does cost ... so i ask this question to satisfy my curiosity as to whether this is a single person - single entity - or a conglomeration of people who actually own and continue to grow this behemoth os a mining system ...

kudos to whoever and whatever has set this up ...

#crysx

It will be revealed soon, but so far I can say that it is two legal companies and a bunch of people and of course, expanding to more and more people.

tanx mate ...

#crysx
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Excavator's API has a pretty interesting minimalist design philosophy, which is refreshingly different from sgminer etc.
I would imagine its merits would become clearer as we add more features and algorithms and develop helper applications that take advantage of it.
As for raw performance, I will do everything I can to make it a top-notch OpenCL miner.
Now that I have more time and resources, I can try things that were previously impossible for me, and I am really excited about that.

and you are 'happy' to work on a system that breaks the licensing agreements? ... if of course that is the case - which it seems likely it is ... though i could be completely wrong about this - i have yet to see - thats all ...

im interested to know how this free windows based miner stands up to that test - especially since nicehash can buy almost any dev they please in the current btc market ...

who owns nicehash btw? ... as much as the nicehash service is pretty awesome service by most standards - there is little information about where when and how it was established and who owns it ... i use it - and so does our company - as it IS a good system that has been created here ... but outstanding questions have yet to be answered here as those ive raised - and im more curious than i am anything else ...

be that as it may - congrats on the 'job' anyway mate ... nicehash certainly know how to pull in the good devs ...

#crysx

Excavator does not and will never violate GPL licenses when it comes to including work/optimisations of other dev's mining code. Currently, it has equihash and pascal algorithms, both developed and based entirely on MIT licenses of various people. zawawa is putting in his own pascal implementation and his own equihash implementation (based on silentarmys MIT license). We are also talking with several devs to include other popular algorithms such as decred, lyra2rev2, lbry and we are aware that if we go down that road, authors of these codes need to make special non-GPL code for us and that costs - and we are fully prepared to pay for that.

and so it is ...

im fully aware of that ... and as such - i needed confirmation - which you have readily given and not withheld ...

this is rare in this day and age of crypto - so one can expect such questions to arise from time to time ...

im still wondering ( this is merely a to amuse my curiosity more than anything at all ) who is the actual owner of nicehash and its servers / segments? ... its a comprehensive and complex system that has been created - and a financially successful one at that - even though the infrastructure does cost ... so i ask this question to satisfy my curiosity as to whether this is a single person - single entity - or a conglomeration of people who actually own and continue to grow this behemoth os a mining system ...

#crysx

It will be revealed soon, but so far I can say that it is two legal companies and a bunch of people and of course, expanding to more and more people.
legendary

#crysx

and so it is ...

#crysx

#crysx

legendary

#crysx

I really don't know what to say about the second question, but I can answer the first question in clear terms:

There would be NO GPL VIOLATIONS.

I wouldn't work for this project otherwise as I have been a GPL guy most of my life.
I will only use MIT-licensed codes and my own codes for this project.
I won't be using other people's codes that were licensed under the GPL.
MIT-licensed codes can be lawfully used in closed-source projects, and I can do pretty much anything with my own codes.
I hope this clarifies things for you.

that is great to hear ...

and also great to see that a developer of your calibre would appreciate where im coming from with this ...

it is not an attack of any sort ... just merely a disappointment of a system that i ( and many many others ) have used for a long time now - if it had been any form of violation of licensing - such as what sp does on a daily basis and makes money from ... no matter how small amount he says he makes ...

nicehash itself - regardless of fees - is a system setup so well that it has outgrown many others in a short space of time ... so to see that all is above board is a gratifying thing ...

though there is no means to measure this currently - it is taken and based on the words of reliable people like yourself ...

it clarifies much for me mate - tanx ...

#crysx
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

#crysx

I really don't know what to say about the second question, but I can answer the first question in clear terms:

There would be NO GPL VIOLATIONS.

I wouldn't work for this project otherwise as I have been a GPL guy most of my life.
I will only use MIT-licensed codes and my own codes for this project.
I won't be using other people's codes that were licensed under the GPL.
MIT-licensed codes can be lawfully used in closed-source projects, and I can do pretty much anything with my own codes.
I hope this clarifies things for you.
legendary

#crysx
Miner Developer
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
for zcash mining, i find EQM and ZECminer to give me much better hash rates on a gtx 1080..strange.
legendary
I don't see the need for bragging rights quite yet. I cannot find excavator to be anything but less profitable than EWBF's miner. I am an nVidia miner, sets of 970's and 1070's and excavator just does not compete at the moment.

yup ...

especially when a new miner is under development now also ...

Wink ...

#crysx
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I don't see the need for bragging rights quite yet. I cannot find excavator to be anything but less profitable than EWBF's miner. I am an nVidia miner, sets of 970's and 1070's and excavator just does not compete at the moment.
Activity: 700
Hi all,

I just joined the NiceHash team and was put in charge of the new AMD/OpenCL support for excavator. I think the miner will be a meaningful contribution to the community with its top-notch performance and the clean, modular code base, and I would like to make the development process as collaborative as possible so that it will grow into a feature-rich, user-friendly miner. If you have any feedback and/or requests, please let me know. I look forward to working with you all.

Best,
zawawa

last time i checked the api was pretty "light"

not top priority but worthy of being taken onto some list Wink

Excavator has the best API any mining software has ever displayed so far. But from version 1.2.0 on, which isn't publicly available (yet).

cant wait Smiley im almost amd only now so i might have to wait for opencl being included to fully play with it, haha
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
Hi all,

I just joined the NiceHash team and was put in charge of the new AMD/OpenCL support for excavator. I think the miner will be a meaningful contribution to the community with its top-notch performance and the clean, modular code base, and I would like to make the development process as collaborative as possible so that it will grow into a feature-rich, user-friendly miner. If you have any feedback and/or requests, please let me know. I look forward to working with you all.

Best,
zawawa

Excavator has the best API any mining software has ever displayed so far. But from version 1.2.0 on, which isn't publicly available (yet).
I'm getting several requests from users running Awesome Miner to add support for monitoring the Excavator miner. So getting a good API implemented will be appreciated. Just let me know if you need any beta testers for the API parts.
Merit: 520
Hi all,

Best,
zawawa

Activity: 700
Hi all,

Best,
zawawa

legendary
Hi all,

Best,
zawawa

nice going mate ...

when you decide working on other projects is worth the effort - let us know Wink ...

#crysx
Miner Developer
Hi all,

Best,
zawawa
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
try put them into Settings -> Devices/Algorithms -> select your card -> select Equigash (excavator) -> and type them into field Extra Launc Parameters

http://i89.fastpic.ru/big/2017/0330/34/56f538bb5115c360b3655e0125ba2234.jpg

I'm trying but it doesn't seem to work

You are right, I got the same issue, and after checking with process explorer there is no extra params.

I got a look on Nicehash's GUI on github https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/blob/master/NiceHashMiner/Miners/Parsing/ExtraLaunchParameters.cs#L175

It's only handle '-c1' and '-c2' options..

I'm opening an issue on github.
Pages:
Jump to: