Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 57. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Anyone try it with a nvidia 1080ti ? what the sol ? .

it will do 700 plus I  am getting one in on Friday and one in on Saturday

below is my 1080 mini from zotac

current settings on msi

core seems locked........ +0
power limit ........           73%
core >>>>>>>>>>   +233
ram >>>>>>>>>>    +333
fan  ......................         68%
temp >>>>>>>>>>>> 52c

Some photos  on my 1080ti/1080ti/1080 build

I am using EWBF_   as I have yet to figure this software out Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18479423

I dont know what memory you have, but you should be able to do +550 ram with any (micron/samsung). If you have samsung you can usually even go +700 and more. The core is locked for nvidia cards so use power limit which is sufficient to controll the wattage.

thank you for info.  I will push  ram higher and get back in a bit.

with the 1080 zotac mini I use +710 ram  (60% power limit) as I wrote 2 days ago  

Activity: 6
Hello everyone. I have MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, and I decided to try some mining. Chose the easiest way to begin - downloaded NiceHash miner.
I'm currently mining equihash with excavator. In two words, I started to think if there is a way to lower power consumption without any critical mining speed reduction. Then I paid attention to "efficiency" parameter in excavator. So I decided to google some information about it and found an interesting article - Looking For The Efficiency Sweet Spot of GTX 1080 Ti, where author says that with greatly reducing Power Limit (TDP) you get almost the same speed with much lower power consumtion, less heat and noise.
And then I started to try different GPU settings in MSI Afterburner. By the way, I've got efficiency something about 2,4-2,7H/W with default settings.
My first parameters gave me:
Efficiency: ...................4,05-4,2H/W
Consumption: ..............84-87W
Speed: .......................344-360H/s
Temperature: ...............59C
Fans: ..........................28%
Good efficiency, but not the best mining speed.
To achieve these results I set memory frequency in MSI Afterburner to minimum (it lowers power consumption for several watts) and boosted core frequency (again, it somehow reduced power consumption a little bit).
But I discovered that when you start miner GPU rises core frequency (switches to boost frequency). That was the reason why my card switched between 98W and 152W power consumption rose a lot, strongly lowering productivity.
As i managed to find out, this happens when "utilization limit" or "no load limit" parameter in Afterburner switches from 1 to 0. When this thing happens it means your GPU decides it is loaded heavily and needs to boost up frequency. It becomes faster, but consumes a lot of electricity. So I tried to find a simple way to switch it back to base freq - all you need is to open your browser and try to search something in google. When card switches parameter back to 1 you can minimize browser window:)
My second parameters gave me:
Efficiency: ...................4,05-4,2H/W
Consumption: ..............~95W
Speed: .......................~394H/s
Temperature: ...............61C
Fans: ..........................30%
This time I tried to overclock memory. Set slider for +705MhZ, with memory clock 4514MHz. Mining stabilised at ~394H/s and 95W with 4.0-4.2H/W efficiency without any temperature rise.
I also tried to look if anything happens if I set power limit in Afterburner back to 100%. Nothing happened, gpu power consumption still showed the same 40-41%.
I also set core clock frequency slider to +139MHz. While "utilization limit"/"no load limit" parameter showed 0, core clock showed default base frequency 1582MHz. At the same time, GPU-Z showed me base freq at 1721MHz and boost at 1911MHz which are very high values with small chances for gpu to work at.
Trying to visit some heavy sites during mining, or simply trying to start a game makes "utilization limit"/"no load limit" parameter change to 0 and frequency rise above 2000MHz which causes miner restart or driver crash.
Does anybody know a way to lock "utilization limit"/"no load limit" at 1 or turn off GPU boost?
I also tried to max out GPU performance.
These are results with "utilization limit"/"no load limit" at 1:
Efficiency: ...................~4H/W
Consumption: ..............~95W
Speed: .......................384-390H/s
Temperature: ...............61C
Fans: ..........................31%
These are results with "utilization limit"/"no load limit" at 0:
Efficiency: ...................~2,5-2,6H/W
Consumption: ..............~180W
Speed: .......................~459H/s
Temperature: ...............71C
Fans: ..........................55%
Power: ........................74-78%
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

current settings on msi

core >>>>>>>>>>   +233
ram >>>>>>>>>>    +333
temp >>>>>>>>>>>> 52c

I dont know what memory you have, but you should be able to do +550 ram with any (micron/samsung). If you have samsung you can usually even go +700 and more. The core is locked for nvidia cards so use power limit which is sufficient to controll the wattage.

thank you for info.  I will push  ram higher and get back in a bit.
Activity: 463
Merit: 250

current settings on msi

core >>>>>>>>>>   +233
ram >>>>>>>>>>    +333
temp >>>>>>>>>>>> 52c

legendary

it will do 700 plus I  am getting one in on Friday and one in on Saturday

current settings on msi

power limit ........           73%
core >>>>>>>>>>   +233
ram >>>>>>>>>>    +333
fan  ......................         68%
temp >>>>>>>>>>>> 52c

Some photos  on my 1080ti/1080ti/1080 build

I am using EWBF_   as I have yet to figure this software out Grin

Activity: 266
Merit: 251
legendary
Hi, miners.

We are presenting excavator - multi-algorithm advanced CUDA miner. Miner is close-sourced, but open to ANY pool and does NOT contain any fees. excavator is brought to you by NiceHash.

Supported algorithms:

equihash
pascal
sha256t

Some speed results:

equihash:
optimized GTX 1080 at 60% TDP = 500 Sol/s
optimized GTX 1070 at 60% TDP = 440 Sol/s

pascal:
optimized GTX 1080 at 60% TDP = 1240 MH/s
optimized GTX 1070 at 60% TDP = 970 MH/s

The main goal of excavator is to reach the best possible ratio between performance and energy consumption, thus providing the highest overall profits.

Download windows binary

Use
Code:
excavator.exe -h
for all available options.

Example: Mining with NVIDIA GPU on NiceHash EU location using Pascal algorithm:

Code:
excavator.exe -a pascal -s pascal.eu.nicehash.com:3358 -u [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -ca

Available locations are eu, usa, jp, hk.

Thank you for your using our service and keep on hashing! Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team

I will be getting two geforce 1080 ti and 1 geforce 1080

this will be my first all nvidia rig I want to mine zec on the nichhash website.

so

excavator.exe -a equihash -s equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.nvidia3 -ca

would be correct for the bat file?

and windows 7 will work?

i think you do -ca -ca  (two -ca, not one -ca)
You also might want to look into ewbf version.  I get better hash.  I get 435 on ewbf, where as i only get 400 on excavator on stock speed/voltage for my 1070.     nicehash does allow most profitable algorithm though.

thanks    .

is there an options list on this thread   can't seem to find it.
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Hi, miners.

We are presenting excavator - multi-algorithm advanced CUDA miner. Miner is close-sourced, but open to ANY pool and does NOT contain any fees. excavator is brought to you by NiceHash.

Supported algorithms:

equihash
pascal
sha256t

Some speed results:

equihash:

pascal:

The main goal of excavator is to reach the best possible ratio between performance and energy consumption, thus providing the highest overall profits.

Download windows binary

Use
Code:
excavator.exe -h

Code:
excavator.exe -a pascal -s pascal.eu.nicehash.com:3358 -u [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -ca

Best regards,
NiceHash team

this will be my first all nvidia rig I want to mine zec on the nichhash website.

so

excavator.exe -a equihash -s equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.nvidia3 -ca

and windows 7 will work?

i think you do -ca -ca  (two -ca, not one -ca)
You also might want to look into ewbf version.  I get better hash.  I get 435 on ewbf, where as i only get 400 on excavator on stock speed/voltage for my 1070.     nicehash does allow most profitable algorithm though.
legendary
Hi, miners.

Supported algorithms:

equihash
pascal
sha256t

Some speed results:

equihash:

pascal:

Download windows binary

Use
Code:
excavator.exe -h

Code:

Best regards,
NiceHash team

so

and windows 7 will work?
Activity: 1
Odd... nothing is really blocking me... same for EU, JP and other... other currencies work, just not excavator on my nvidia.  I also tested a different internet connection, in case my IP was blocked for some reason.  Would nicehash block ip for just certain crypto or all???  because I am connecting to nicehash on other crypto.

I was having the same problem as you, turned out to be my router, an AC68u. I switched to DDWRT and it works fine now.
Activity: 2
  :-)

I have nvidia zotac 1080 gtx (mini... but is almost like the normal one) and running 420 sol at 170 watt Stock

I have read is possible to get more  efficiency  :

-----

I have found   60%tdp
core +0
mem+710 mhz
430 sol
effic 4.02
107 watt

some better settings for nvidia 1080?

thanks

fabrizio
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Try with 75 tdp on 1070 , its a good settings for performance and less power usage , try and post your result .

75 tdp is not the same wattage for every brand. I just want to try to do the same of nicehash test and they did it with 120w tdp.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Try with 75 tdp on 1070 , its a good settings for performance and less power usage , try and post your result .
Activity: 239
Merit: 100

Make sure you are using at least 2 threads. If only 1, then your GPU is not 100% loaded. 1 thread solution is good if you plan to do other stuff with your card. Imagine it as being an intensity switch.

We reached 440 with 115W TDP limited card that has OC set to 2120 core and 4700 mem. With next version, it is about 445 with these same settings.

Another example is 126W TDP limited card, OCed to 2110 core and 4400 mem (micron with BIOS patch) reaching 440 sol.

You can view how far is your card OCed when you launch excavator with overclocking set.

I set 125 tdp (70tdp with G1 Gaming Gigabyte) and core to 2100 (4400 mem) but with limited tdp throttle on value of 1930/1960..
What brand do you tested?
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Am I missing something on the OC? Initially I thought it was because I had Precision open.
Closed restarted same thing.

Is the memory clock actually being increased or is it still at stock?
 Batch line:
excavator.exe -a equihash -s zec-us.suprnova.cc:2142 -u user.worker -ca -ca -os 0 100 70 60 -or

command line produces:
overclock | GPU#0  CORE: 1631 MHz  MEM: 0 MHz      TDP: 60 %

Also was curious about the p1 or p2

What exactly is meant by (p1=mode) is there a mode we can change. or adjust?

I am running a single Nvidia GTX 970 with latest driver and adjusted in nvidia settings to compute mode

Compared to nheqminer-5c with suprnova this excavator is actually producing a lesser hashrate, granted power usage has dropped and since this is
only a side project I am able to keep mining while having functionality on the pc for daily use.

nheqminer i adjusted to over 315 sol/s with t 5 -ca -cv 0 -cd 0 0
I am topping out at 295 sol/s with excavator

Overclocking mem for 9xx cards doesn't work correctly for some reason, we need to check this out. With nheqminer you were also CPU mining, that is why you got higher score.
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Gigabyte G1 gaming 1070 x 6
TDP 60
+100 core
+700 mem

2500/416each. Far from 440.. I tried 2x -ca and 4x -ca. Same results.

How much watt does the card consume? You cannot compare different brands with 60% TDP. Each brand will have different consumption curve set. Your card is probably taking less than 120Watt at which nicehash calculates the 440 sols.
Activity: 1
Am I missing something on the OC? Initially I thought it was because I had Precision open.
Closed restarted same thing.

Is the memory clock actually being increased or is it still at stock?
 Batch line:
excavator.exe -a equihash -s zec-us.suprnova.cc:2142 -u user.worker -ca -ca -os 0 100 70 60 -or

command line produces:
overclock | GPU#0  CORE: 1631 MHz  MEM: 0 MHz      TDP: 60 %

Also was curious about the p1 or p2

What exactly is meant by (p1=mode) is there a mode we can change. or adjust?

I am running a single Nvidia GTX 970 with latest driver and adjusted in nvidia settings to compute mode

Compared to nheqminer-5c with suprnova this excavator is actually producing a lesser hashrate, granted power usage has dropped and since this is
only a side project I am able to keep mining while having functionality on the pc for daily use.

nheqminer i adjusted to over 315 sol/s with t 5 -ca -cv 0 -cd 0 0
I am topping out at 295 sol/s with excavator

Activity: 146
Merit: 111
try put them into Settings -> Devices/Algorithms -> select your card -> select Equigash (excavator) -> and type them into field Extra Launc Parameters

I'm trying but it doesn't seem to work
Activity: 3
trying excavator for the first time
Zotac amp 1070
settings -ca -ca -os 0 100 900 55 -or
running equihash bat I'm getting ~435H/s (+-2)   ~120W (+-3)  (2100 core 4700 mem)
https://i.imgur.com/Os40KtR.jpg

can I put my settings somewhere inside nicehashminer.exe?

try put them into Settings -> Devices/Algorithms -> select your card -> select Equigash (excavator) -> and type them into field Extra Launc Parameters

http://i89.fastpic.ru/big/2017/0330/34/56f538bb5115c360b3655e0125ba2234.jpg
Activity: 146
Merit: 111
trying excavator for the first time
Zotac amp 1070
settings -ca -ca -os 0 100 900 55 -or
running equihash bat I'm getting ~435H/s (+-2)   ~120W (+-3)  (2100 core 4700 mem)

can I put my settings somewhere inside nicehashminer.exe?
Pages:
Jump to: