Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 12. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
July 20, 2018, 10:14:49 AM
Obviously exchanges aren't safe, dozens of them have been hacked in the past. Best to use a hardware wallet if it's a large amount.
Activity: 216
Merit: 11
July 20, 2018, 09:40:19 AM
Keep your coins only on special wallets! Otherwise, your funds on the exchanges may be frozen, that was my friend's. And then no one will return them to you
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
July 20, 2018, 09:35:54 AM
It depends on you what you want to do on your coins maybe you exchange your coins or put in your wallet your coins but i suggest to you just put your coins and wait until the coins is up the price and don't give your wallet to other because many people now is scammer don't trust anyone when that people your not familiar that people.
Activity: 574
July 19, 2018, 06:14:50 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I think better of all have cold offline wallets for each cryptocurrency. But this is the best choice if you long term investor

If you are a trader then use wallets on exchanges
Activity: 95
July 19, 2018, 03:24:40 PM
I think it's better to have a purse. You can always remove them at any time. And you can be sure of the preservation of coins. The main thing is not to give anyone the key.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 10:59:37 AM
If you plan to sell coins, then better keep them on the exchange. That at the most successful moment you could quickly do it, and do not waste time translating from the purse to the stock exchange. And you know how it usually happens - that at the most crucial moment there are different problems.
Activity: 588
July 19, 2018, 10:56:01 AM
It depends to what you think is the safest for you. For me, I like both. Exchange can help you to store your ethereum and some of your tokens in ready position in case the bull run will take place. While in your wallet once there will have rapid increase you will send it to your exchange wallet. Although both is good but it is better when you put your tokens in exchange wallet for past transactions reason.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
July 19, 2018, 10:42:07 AM
I now for myself came to the conclusion that it is better to keep coins in your wallet. Because very often the exchanges are exposed to cyber attacks, and the exchange simply ceases to function, various malfunctions, and accordingly you can not withdraw your coins.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
July 19, 2018, 10:38:29 AM
I use Trezor and Ledger to invest all the crypt money. For daily trade I use stock market accounts. you need to use a stock exchange account to trade. usually support the fork system of crypto money stocks during fork time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 18, 2018, 07:47:05 AM
I am using both. I put some on the exchange for immediate trading and some to my wallet for safety and long term hold. Some exchange gives dividends while holding coin in their exchange. Kucoin for example.
Activity: 39
July 18, 2018, 07:38:07 AM
Wallet is more secure than exchange
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
July 16, 2018, 08:41:27 PM
As the names suggest already, exchange and wallets have their unique functions which is particular to each of them. Wallets are used for storing coins for longer time under good security whereas Exchanges are used for trading coins and holding them for temporary use. Exhange wallets do not offer much security as they are susceptible to attacks from hackers.
Activity: 85
July 16, 2018, 08:38:40 PM
It is smarter to keep your token and coin on your own wallet since I've perused a few posts about their coins missing on activity on their trade record and it bothers me a bit, so I keep my coins on my wallet and just send it to trade on the off chance that I have to exchange from one coin to each coin or when I have to transform my coins into money.
Activity: 392
July 16, 2018, 08:32:39 PM
I would suggest offline wallet if you are a long term holder. Offline wallets are the safest way to store your crypto. In case if you are a trader, you better go with some renown exchanges like Binance to avoid theft.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
July 16, 2018, 08:31:01 PM
the best thing is to have your coins offline on a wallet with a lot of backups. so i can sleep peacefully.
Activity: 44
July 16, 2018, 08:28:14 PM
It is smarter to store your coins in a wallet. Once an exchanging stage is hacked say farewell to your darling coins. In spite of the fact that having your coins in a trade is very invaluable as well, suppose the cost of the coin all of a sudden went up, you can without much of a stretch exchange it. Having it in your wallet, it will require a long while to be affirmed and amid this time cost may have just dropped.

In case you're in with holding the coin for quite a while, store it in a wallet, and simply exchange it at whatever point you're prepared or you truly require
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
July 15, 2018, 07:43:03 AM
Exchange is not a good place to keep (HODL) your crypto coins. Indeed it's easy not to deal with finding suitable wallet software but exchanges do not share private keys with you. So that means your funds on exchange in fact are not yours. So please do not use exchanges as wallets. If you are not a day trader, HODL your coins in wallets that you own the private keys.good luck with your invest !
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
July 15, 2018, 05:14:12 AM
If a long-term investor-then of course keep on your wallet , which is better not to show the password anywhere. If the trader-it is more profitable to keep them in exchange . But do not forget that hackers are everywhere - so no one will give a 100% security guarantee
Activity: 35
July 15, 2018, 04:53:11 AM
It is smarter to store your coins in a wallet. Once an exchanging stage is hacked say farewell to your dearest coins. In spite of the fact that having your coins in a trade is very profitable as well, suppose the cost of the coin all of a sudden went up, you can without much of a stretch exchange it. Having it in your wallet, it will require a long while to be affirmed and amid this time cost may have just dropped.

In case you're in with holding the coin for quite a while, store it in a wallet, and simply exchange it at whatever point you're prepared or you truly need to.
copper member
Activity: 196
July 14, 2018, 08:09:48 PM
IT DEPENDS ON ITS OBJECTIVE IF IT IS INVESTING OR SIMPLY NEGOTIATING FOR ETHERDELTA USE MY RECORDS ARE IN CONTRACT
Pages:
Jump to: