Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 48. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 11
May 26, 2018, 05:02:24 PM
I believe that the most accurate way to hide the Coils Is the hardware wallets like the ledger Nano s.
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
May 26, 2018, 04:58:54 PM
Storage of crypto currency in a cold wallet. This wallet is essentially a flash card, although the use of the usual flash drives can cause a lot of difficulties and in general it is inappropriate, it will be much better once to spend a bit on a specialized device with pre-installed software.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
May 26, 2018, 04:43:49 PM
The simple rule of thumb is: Don't keep any coins in exchange unless you are going to use it. That is it. If you are long term holder, don't keep it in exchange. Keep it in wallet, the best is hardware wallet.Ledger Nano S or Trezor
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
May 26, 2018, 10:31:36 AM
If you are on to a trading in your altcoins then its better to store it on the exchange. But if your aim was just to hold your altcoins its better to transfer it to your own personal wallet rather than in the exchange. Because we dont know of the exchange when their website will be down, and we dont want to see your altcoins stuck on that exchange. Plus assurance that it will never get lost when you store it in your own personal wallet.
Activity: 320
Merit: 10
May 26, 2018, 06:44:44 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

For me both is okay because when you hold your token in your wallet, it's okay but there are times that your coin can be stolen, or hacked by some hacker. But in Exchange it is secured and safe, i prefer both because both is safe and secured. When it is about the password, or getting hacked, it is you to keep the password to not be compromised.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
May 26, 2018, 05:54:32 AM
It’s really depends on what is your goal or what you want to do in all your coins. First you want to sell you coins immediately when the value of your coin is high it is an easy money.but if you want to wait for the perfect timing that your coins value is high you should put it in your wallet.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
May 26, 2018, 05:54:05 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

There is only 2 Exchanges where I would consider keeping coins right now. These are binance and cobinhood. Hacken will introduce their crupto exchange rankings soon. This might give additional insights. Apart from that I think your own hardware wallet is the best place to keep things.
Activity: 101
May 26, 2018, 05:44:14 AM
I choose both. there are some of my tokens that I keep in the exchanger, there is also what I keep in the wallet. why I save in exchanger? because if at any time I want to buy altcoin, I don't have to bother to send it again. advice, if you want to keep investing, just save it in exhanger, if not better open a new wallet.

Both is a nice option for most people that need the money stored or spent on demand. I choose having an active wallet on an exchange because I could make trades with it.
Activity: 35
May 26, 2018, 05:43:08 AM
I choose both. there are some of my tokens that I keep in the exchanger, there is also what I keep in the wallet. why I save in exchanger? because if at any time I want to buy altcoin, I don't have to bother to send it again. advice, if you want to keep investing, just save it in exhanger, if not better open a new wallet.
Activity: 420
Merit: 107
May 25, 2018, 06:16:16 PM
Hello. It always depends on what you want to happen, if you want to trade which is obviously a risk then you should pick exchange and if you want to just store your tokens and coins you earned then better choose wallet. Why do you have to think if you can have both of them, in earning your tokens you can use your wallet as your storage and in creating and getting more of coins then do exchange as simple as that.
Activity: 205
May 25, 2018, 03:55:08 PM
As for me i don't think there is a secure than having a token in it original wallet than leaving it on exchange,it is more protected in wallet.especially those who are holding for long time should make use of open wallet.
Activity: 294
May 25, 2018, 03:49:56 PM
I prefer to keep each altcoin in their official wallet than leaveing all of them on exchange. 
I don't like leaving them on exchange because there's always risk of hacking and your account can be suspended for some reason.
It is always safer to hold it in wallet but it requires a lot of effort and hard disk space to store all that wallets, the cons is it's troublesome to move them if you want to sell some of them.
Activity: 560
May 25, 2018, 03:40:03 PM
It seems to me that recently, hacking of crypto exchanges is very rare. Every year it becomes more and more secure. So sometimes you can store your money on the exchange.
Activity: 112
Merit: 43
May 25, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
I will choose a wallet, because it is much more reliable than exchangers. I can go to the wallet at any time, the main thing is not to lose my key. And with the exchanger something can happen and all my tokens will be gone
Activity: 179
May 25, 2018, 03:24:49 PM
if you are a regular trader then it's better to keep them in an exchange because of the transaction fee and time. but if you are a HODLer then it's better  keep them in a hardware wallet because it's the safest
Activity: 154
May 25, 2018, 03:15:59 PM
Like I did said before, if you are holding for a short term then leave it at exchanges because moving it in and out of exchanges requires a fee and that reduces your coin, so leave it if it is short term, but if it's long term then you can move it out.
Activity: 336
May 25, 2018, 02:57:48 PM
I prefer both ways of holding coins,I am keeping most of my crypto in cold storage wallets such as Ledger Nano and Trezor but some coins I am holding on a few exchanges for day trading.
Activity: 285
Merit: 3
HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit
May 25, 2018, 02:53:34 PM
I store most of my coins on cold wallets since this is the best way to safely store your funds (for long-term holding), but the coins that I actively trade I keep on exchanges and online wallets (MEW for example) because its very handy and fast.
Activity: 765
Merit: 500
May 25, 2018, 02:44:05 PM
In my own opinion I will advice to keep/store your cryptocurrencies in an external wallet. That's if you can afford the external wallet and the transfer fee.

yes, it will be better to store in the wallet and not recommended to keep them on the exchange.
it's more secure and safety than store on the exchanges.
Activity: 672
May 25, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
If you are a full time trader the best place to keep your coin is crypto exchange but if you are not a trader but a holder then there is no need keeping your coin on exchanges. Its advisable to open wallet for your coins and keep them there.
Pages:
Jump to: