Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 59. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
May 07, 2018, 04:19:03 AM
Wallet Smiley
Activity: 137
May 07, 2018, 03:55:18 AM
Wallet is more secure for those who wants to hold the coins and looking for safety and security...because for me keeping coins on the exchange is very dangerous can be hacked any time. Be careful with your funds.

But on the other hand, if you want to be trading your tokens for the short term, keeping on an exchange is better
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 06, 2018, 02:56:05 PM
On exchangers you can store only those coins that you use constantly in the trade. If you bought coins for long-term storage it is better to use separate wallets not tied to stock exchanges. Exchanges sometimes hack, they close on those services and you have every chance if you do not lose something temporarily blocking your coins.
Activity: 168
May 06, 2018, 02:52:01 PM
I think if you can keep your coins at wallet it will be great, but it depend on you.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
May 06, 2018, 02:41:20 PM
I keep all the coins in a cold purse such as Ledger and Trezor. Only for sale, I bring coins to the stock exchange and then back to the wallet. I'm not a trader, I'm a long term investor.

Good strategy. Even losing some money on fees every now and then should not prevent anyone from following suit. It is the safest way to store tokens and coins as there are too many exchanges shut down around the world
Activity: 308
May 06, 2018, 01:43:19 PM
I think it is clear that if you want to trade you tokens, you must use some exchange platforms. So, if you want to trade- just leave them on its platform, if you want to hold it- put in your wallet and forget about it.
Activity: 378
May 06, 2018, 01:31:02 PM
I think many people has different point view about how they using their asset. I do using almost of my altcoin for doing trading, because i think holding it (altcoin) for long term not really worth, so i take the chance to do trading on some exchanges with following market trends. For this reason, i do always keep my coins in some exchanges by divide, only small coins amount i save into my ledger or mobile wallet.
Activity: 48
May 06, 2018, 01:21:45 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
Wallet for sure,and better if it is cold storage, forget about mew, it is very east to be hacked if you enter to your wallet trough their site, if you  using online wallet then only metamask!
Activity: 616
May 06, 2018, 01:19:29 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
I think both are good and safe it's just that I prefer wallet because all control is on me and I do not need to spend money for it because I wear myetherwallet even though there are many cases of hacking wallet but I still want to use my wallet but maybe one day I will use the exchange too
Activity: 253
Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!
May 06, 2018, 01:11:45 PM
I keep all the coins in a cold purse such as Ledger and Trezor. Only for sale, I bring coins to the stock exchange and then back to the wallet. I'm not a trader, I'm a long term investor.
Activity: 224
May 06, 2018, 01:02:53 PM
if you are going to trade it is better to keep the coins on the exchange. if you want to hold it is better to use the wallet. and if you have a very large amount it is better to use a hardware wallet. so you will be protected from theft. online wallet or exchange can be hacked by hackers, and on the hardware wallet coins will be safe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 154
May 06, 2018, 12:58:53 PM
If your goal is trade, holding the stock market is not a problem.
If your goal is hodl, you should definitely use wallet in the long time.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
May 06, 2018, 12:54:52 PM
BOTH OF THEM ARE GREAT!!!!

exchange! i will prefer to have my tokens / coins on that if i am doing a short term tradings! day trade or some cool trades!!

wallets! if i would love to hold my tokens longer. some might take over a year!

both of them are rreally good!
Activity: 5
May 06, 2018, 12:54:19 PM
I don't think you should worry about the safety of your funds if you hold them on top exchanges like Bitfinex or Bittrex.
Activity: 294
Merit: 21
May 06, 2018, 12:53:07 PM
For me, its difficult to tell which is better but the only answer to that question is that it depends on the token you have that will make you decide if you are to exchange it or keep in your wallet
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
May 06, 2018, 12:49:47 PM
It all depends on the amount that you plan to distribute between exchanges and wallets.
If the amount is small, within 3K-5K dollars, then it will be enough only for the initial trading turnover at 2-10 leading exchanges. You will not even need and meaning of withdrawal and depo of your accounts on exchanges. This amount is minimal, it all depends on your strategies and trading methods. This rule is valid if you trade on exchanges all the time.
If you just invest long-term, there is one answer: hardware wallets or software wallets with the ability to export private keys
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1362
May 06, 2018, 12:43:53 PM
I %100 prefer easy secure wallets to exchanges. If your wallet is stolen its all your fault. If your exchange wallet is stolen it might be exchange's fault, so its dangerous to hold there.
Activity: 630
rocket.hashbon.com
May 06, 2018, 12:42:52 PM
it depends on how we manage our finances,
but remember that storing them in exchangers has a lot of risk because of the higher chances of getting a shutdown or scam, so better keep them in the wallet.
Activity: 539
Merit: 250
May 06, 2018, 09:44:19 AM
 personal  Wallet is safer than Exchange. but not all wallets are completely safe, as long as security measures have been applied to those wallet in exchange.traded with the exchange with 2fa.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
May 06, 2018, 09:40:16 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
As what other reply here said, it depends on your investment strategy if it is for long term better to create personal wallet forcyour coin for more security purposes but if you are doing short trade exchange wallet would be fine to avoid extra fee  when transferring your coin  from private wallet to exchsnge wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: