Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 70. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 0
April 25, 2018, 06:11:02 AM
if you are not trading your tokens or coins but you bought them for future investment,  I will advice you put them on a wallet where you can control or own the private key .
Activity: 154
April 25, 2018, 06:08:29 AM
If I wanna to hold for long term. 
I to keep private keys somewhere safe.
Keeping your holdings in exchange can be big threat against your expectations regarding selling them for profit after some time
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
April 24, 2018, 05:53:13 PM
my advice is better saved in the wallet only. Why? because the new aja there is happening in the okex market is missing his coin bec in the okex market. the impact of his entire balance of bec that is stored in the market has now been lost all the many people who lost the balance bec his in the okex market
Activity: 66
April 24, 2018, 02:07:47 PM
I think it's better to put your coins in an exchange because you can do whatever you want with it and you are in charge of your profits and loss. The cons is that there is a little bit of chance that you may lose your coins because exchanges can be hacked.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
April 22, 2018, 06:03:20 PM
Thats not good idea to store your coins on exchange. I do not do it and I will never do it because it is too big risk. I m using MEW and maybe someday i will try hardware wallet.

Use MEW is also not the most reliable option, as it is often hacked. By the way, the hardware wallet does not protect your funds either. Since phishing and DNS spoofing will not save you. There are risks everywhere. Instead, decentralized large stock exchanges would be opened. I hope Beaxy will solve this problem!  Cool
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
April 22, 2018, 05:59:43 PM
Thats not good idea to store your coins on exchange. I do not do it and I will never do it because it is too big risk. I m using MEW and maybe someday i will try hardware wallet.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
April 22, 2018, 05:35:11 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

If you planned for long term holding so it is best to store your coin in your wallet but if you are planning for trading so it normal to put your coins in the trading site just to be ready for trading, The only advantage of putting your coins in the trading site is if there is a price increased then you can trade on that day.
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
April 22, 2018, 05:13:50 PM
The fact is that the exchange and the wallet are completely different things. You can not choose between them. Knowingly, the company's bounty managers immediately put the condition that you need to provide a purse, and not the address of the exchange.
Activity: 392
Merit: 70
April 22, 2018, 04:58:00 PM
I prefer wallet, the cold wallet is best, IMHO. Holding on to the exchange's hot wallet is very risky. Example actions yesterday gate.io. Just today on Twitter there is information on the technical work.
Activity: 46
April 22, 2018, 04:51:49 PM
wallet is more suitable for storage in long time. and in exchange I can control my money. As for me exchange is better
Activity: 213
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 03:09:24 PM
In my experience, the best way to keep money on a purse, Exchage can fail at the most crucial moment, but Exchage is certainly more convenient
Activity: 458
April 22, 2018, 12:16:43 PM
Its not advisable to keep your coin on exchange but its a good thing to get a hardware wallet that support bitcoin and other ERC 20 tokens. I think with that your coins are safe.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
DanJoN
April 22, 2018, 12:07:38 PM
There is a wallet spcifically on each coins , not all, but I cant trust yet putting my coins on a longer term on exchanges,. There is so much news about exchanges are being hacked so I am taking some serious measure storing some of my coins in a wallet. Well its secured as fas as i know. So I will prefer wallet over exchanges
copper member
Activity: 476
April 22, 2018, 12:01:12 PM
Exchange = Trading + risk of hacking
Wallet = Holding + safety
Now , it's upto you.
Activity: 490
Merit: 103
April 22, 2018, 11:57:50 AM
on exchanges it is unsafe to store coins if you hold them in long . In addition to hacker attacks, exchanges can simply turn out to be scams
Activity: 162
April 22, 2018, 11:52:09 AM
I have money on exchanges and in wallets as well.
Daily trade fund -> exchange
Long term investment -> wallet

But never more than 30% of overall fund on exchanges. Too risky. Can't wait for decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 414
Merit: 102
April 22, 2018, 11:47:09 AM
I keep my investment all spread in different wallets and exchanges. There is no way to say what is safe. If you keep it all in the wallet then more or less you are yourself in control of them, but keep in mind that if you get hacked then nobody will help you. If you keep on exchange then they also have access to it, but if it gets hacked at least there is a hope that exchange support can help you. So the only advise I can give is not to keep everything in one place
Activity: 1319
Merit: 593
In #Bitcoin me trust
April 22, 2018, 10:59:39 AM
Exchange is not a good place to keep (HODL) your crypto coins. Indeed it's easy not to deal with finding suitable wallet software but exchanges do not share private keys with you. So that means your funds on exchange in fact are not yours. So please do not use exchanges as wallets. If you are not a day trader, HODL your coins in wallets that you own the private keys.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
April 22, 2018, 10:56:34 AM
I have experienced phishing when my token I have stored in the wallet so I better recondition to store your tokens on exchange
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
April 22, 2018, 10:56:27 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It's never a good idea to keep your long term holdings in the exchange.Read about the exchange hacks .Move it to your own wallet or better get a hardware wallet
Pages:
Jump to: