Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 71. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 10:55:55 AM
Do not store coins on the exchange. It is very dangerous. I think it's much safer to keep coins in your wallet. Coins do not belong to you, if you keep them on the stock exchange.
Activity: 266
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
April 22, 2018, 10:53:44 AM
When I first invested money in cryptocurrencies, it was a small amount and therefore I did not fear losing coins on stock exchanges. But if you have a large amount and you do not plan to trade, then obviously you need to keep it in a cold wallet.
Activity: 147
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 08:28:56 AM
According to my way of thinking, what they often say is always or better in the wallet. because I think more wallets are protected. and also if you do not have a private key. Then it's not your coin or token. Whatever you are looking for, you can find out about what's okay. it's okay what they do instead and then cashing it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 02:25:03 PM
For me exchange is the best option. I can control my deposit and secure it from the reduce. Wallet is ok if you want to hodl coins in longterm.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
April 21, 2018, 06:50:15 AM
In most cases, I prefer to keep my coins on wallets as I believe it is more secure. But there are moments when liquidity is more important than security and these times I keep money on exchanges.   
Activity: 54
April 20, 2018, 11:37:29 PM
If I myself save in some exchange, then in hold within a certain period. But there are some coins that are kept in the wallet. just a savings account, especially a POS wallet
Activity: 140
April 19, 2018, 11:03:10 AM
All depends on your summ of investments, if investments are big then use wallet, if small you can use exchanges to not losee fees to transfer coins.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 05:57:54 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

i think it is not recommended to safe your coins at exchange wallet unless you want to trading.
if you want to do trading, it is ok. but if you are not trading, transfer and safe your coins into your personal wallet.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
April 19, 2018, 05:18:38 AM
Although I trust exchanges like Binance, I'd never keep much of my coins there.
It is always good practice to keep the majority of your coins in your own wallet.
copper member
Activity: 363
Merit: 9
April 19, 2018, 04:27:11 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
I am a guy that would like to hold coins for a certain period of time and because of that i prefer to use wallet because for me it is decentralized. Unlike exchange where you have no control over it, in wallet you have full control over your coins.
Activity: 154
April 19, 2018, 04:25:45 AM
It's safer the wallet because you have a private seed!
Activity: 238
April 19, 2018, 04:22:19 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
If your money is traded on a daily basis or kept for a certain period of time, the Exchange option is most appropriate. But you want to keep that money for a long time, then you should choose Wallet. Because Wallet is stable, it is not dominated by the market. But keep in the wallet you need to pay attention to the absolute security of the password.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
April 19, 2018, 04:18:37 AM
No exchange is completely safe. We saw that even the biggest exchanges in previous years were frauds. For this reason it is safer to use your own wallets, dont trust the exchanges Smiley
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
April 19, 2018, 04:16:12 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

If you own dozens of altcoins, then it can be quite irritating and unsafe to install the desktop wallets for all of these coins. But then again, if your holdings are significant, then I'd never advice you to store your coins in an exchange wallet.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
April 19, 2018, 04:14:51 AM
It depends what you want to do. If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.Some holders are having problems getting funds released from certain exchangers.

It depends upon your decision because you are the one who will decide which is best for you. If you in need of money for some family expenses then trade for exchange but if you want to hold for long term investment plan then stored it in a cold wallet for safekeeping. Be vigilant for the hackers because they are always watching our wallet for them to easily hack.
Activity: 24
April 19, 2018, 04:07:42 AM
As for me, I'd recommend to split your assets and keep the major part of your coins in a cold wallet or hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S  Trezor.
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
April 19, 2018, 04:06:29 AM
If you are trading daily, it could be better if you store it in an exchange for you to lessen fees. But be careful, there are a lot of issues about token security in an exchange. If you have huge funds, it's better to keep it in your wallet. But remember, don't put all the eggs in one basket.
copper member
Activity: 269
April 19, 2018, 04:04:36 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
I would keep my coins in my wallet because i have full control of it as long as i don't have any problem with my private key.
Activity: 336
April 19, 2018, 04:00:12 AM
If the amount is large, it is advisable to store it on your wallet. And if you have to trade daily, it is better to leave it on the exchange.
Activity: 276
April 19, 2018, 03:58:59 AM
If you want to trade with your assets, the best option is to use the exchange so you can transact directly. It is better to keep the exchange, preferably on some, two identification factors will protect you. If you keep it for a long time, it's better to have a wallet. Because you want to get your assets.
Pages:
Jump to: