Pages:
Author

Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof - page 44. (Read 281667 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Mainstream merchants will never adopt an anonymous coin, as they need to be able to track funds for obvious reasons. Fighting Asics or FPGA's, is a huge step back in time. Fighting technology will get you no where fast. Just imagine if 15 years ago, small offices all said no to the PC, where would we be today. This is not a good forward progression plan from the stand point of any long term investor(s)..I will keep watching tho.

You said goodbye to us what are You doing here ? ))))

Keeping an eye on things, I did like the coin, and if the tune changes, I would like to get back onboard. This is what investors do, we read, discuss, ect ect. Im knot knocking the coin, im not saying its a 'BAD coin' or a 'bad dev', but the current new direction , is not one that I want to take that leap back into @ this point. However, as businesses do and people do every day, directions can & do change,mine included from time to time. 

It sounds like you don't like the coin or the direction the devs and community have taken. Which is fine, but I don't get why you have to keep commenting about your unhappiness.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Mainstream merchants will never adopt an anonymous coin, as they need to be able to track funds for obvious reasons. Fighting Asics or FPGA's, is a huge step back in time. Fighting technology will get you no where fast. Just imagine if 15 years ago, small offices all said no to the PC, where would we be today. This is not a good forward progression plan from the stand point of any long term investor(s)..I will keep watching tho.

Keeping an eye on things, I did like the coin, and if the tune changes, I would like to get back onboard. This is what investors do, we read, discuss, ect ect. Im knot knocking the coin, im not saying its a 'BAD coin' or a 'bad dev', but the current new direction , is not one that I want to take that leap back into @ this point. However, as businesses do and people do every day, directions can & do change,mine included from time to time. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 253

Activity: 158
Something that could be a big addition/selling point would be if the darkwallet devs could be recruited to port or add an execoin implentation for darkwallet.  I guess someone could potentially tinker with the source to make an execoin fork.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I take it people are turning off their rigs?  It seems the hashrate across most coins is decreasing... or are they mining some new coin?  It appears like the slight increase in bitcoins value didn't really affect the altcoins...

The altcoins seem to be behaving lately as if they're tied to a value in fiat rather than BTC.  As far as mining profitability, though, LTC seems to be getting hammered by ASICs and it's dragging down altcoin profitability across the board.  I'm assuming it's ASIC owners who care little about the future of LTC and just want to immediately dump on an exchange and collect their earnings.

On the subject of anonymous transactions, I support this feature being added to Execoin 100%.  Throughout history, many well-written proclamations have been made to explain why you need privacy, even if you have nothing to hide.  It would be shortsighted to dismiss this feature over fears that it would be utilized for nefarious purposes.
I take it people are turning off their rigs?  It seems the hashrate across most coins is decreasing... or are they mining some new coin?  It appears like the slight increase in bitcoins value didn't really affect the altcoins...
if the dev is ready to change things up whenever an asic is developed then you can be asic-proof . I'm nothing to do with underworld but i don't want anyone to be able to look through my wallet and know everything that i have bought. although privacy might not be important to you it is very important to me and everyone else in this market that is why monero and dark and every other spin off are doing well. Wink
True enough about ASICs, but I don't think the EXECoin developers have ever openly stated they will change the algorithm if needed to prevent ASIC adoption.
If I recall correctly, several people have asked for clarification on this previously in this thread.

As long as the devs implement p2p and distributed anonymizing, I'm all for it.  Ring-signature-based anonymous transactions are a must if you're going down that road - no centralized nodes.

Yes, we will change the algorithm and hardfork execoin if needed to prevent ASIC adoption.

That's really good to hear!

I'de have to disagree, and why Im altho watching the coin, no longer holding. Fighting technology is like trying to live life now, with out electricity & vehicles.
Activity: 308
if the dev is ready to change things up whenever an asic is developed then you can be asic-proof . I'm nothing to do with underworld but i don't want anyone to be able to look through my wallet and know everything that i have bought. although privacy might not be important to you it is very important to me and everyone else in this market that is why monero and dark and every other spin off are doing well. Wink
True enough about ASICs, but I don't think the EXECoin developers have ever openly stated they will change the algorithm if needed to prevent ASIC adoption.
If I recall correctly, several people have asked for clarification on this previously in this thread.

As long as the devs implement p2p and distributed anonymizing, I'm all for it.  Ring-signature-based anonymous transactions are a must if you're going down that road - no centralized nodes.

Yes, we will change the algorithm and hardfork execoin if needed to prevent ASIC adoption.

That's really good to hear!
FYI, everyone:

WafflePool has released beta nscrypt multi-pool mining.  

http://wafflepool.com/newalgos

Embedded multi-pool resistance due to different algorithm

Should probably remove that ridiculous claim from the OP.  And really, can we get rid of the ASIC-proof comments... nothing is ASIC-proof, only ASIC-resistant.

It is true that there is nothing that can be done to truly prevent multipool usage; however, defensive actions can still be taken.  Execoin uses the kalroth gravity well (which is now becoming standard amongst altcoins) which re targets the difficulty every block, instead of every n blocks.   Multipools work best with coins that have a constant difficulty over n blocks (when the difficulty increases profit decreases, unless of course the price continues to increase).
Activity: 248
Seems like the price has settled to the "normal" pre-pump levels.
Smooth sailing for execoin !
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Great to see this officially stated.  Thanks for making EXECoin's future a little bit more clear, devs.

Implementation of stealth addresses
Glad to hear you're going with a smart route to anonymous spends.  Anonymizing receiving addresses are one of the smartest implementations I have seen, although they do put anonymity in the hands on the recipient and not the sender.  However, it's trivial on any blockchain to be both the recipient AND sender, before you transfer coins elsewhere - so it seems like a near ideal solution if implemented effectively.
Activity: 658
Merit: 253
EXEcoin coin future and I believe in it. Developers more please activity on the website and in the forum, thank you. I also take an active part in the development of the coin, I have distributed more than 1,000 execoin, also donated more than 500 execoin, actively create topics on the forums.
Actively vote here https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote.
Do you want your community, too, were not idle....

All good  Wink
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I will be giving away free execoin on june 1st @ exebet.me
Activity: 204
Sorry, I'de rather this coin be on the UP & UP and not go after the scam market, drug dealer, money laundering markets that other coins go after, & rather mainstream adaptation. Time to move on for me. Good luck fellas.

What nonsense You are )
Proof?

How is it noncense, it says it right in the ANN title 'Anonymous ' , if thats the new route the dev(s) wanna go, thats fine.. but I'm not interested in 'underworld adoptation' ..take care & happy trading.

Implementation of stealth addresses won't hide the blockchain like in DRK case, so there will be absolutely no legal issues and complications. In more details you can read here: http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html

But in our implementation integration with the wallet will be more seamless.
And this is not a 1-day task, please be patient.
In addition to stealth addresses, we are working on OpenCart payment extension now.
Activity: 204

Activity: 446
FYI, everyone:

WafflePool has released beta nscrypt multi-pool mining.  

http://wafflepool.com/newalgos

Embedded multi-pool resistance due to different algorithm

Should probably remove that ridiculous claim from the OP.  And really, can we get rid of the ASIC-proof comments... nothing is ASIC-proof, only ASIC-resistant.
Pages:
Jump to: