Pages:
Author

Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof - page 62. (Read 281667 times)

Activity: 303
Merit: 250
oh no no i sold all my doges at 250
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Well, looks like the immediate effect of Dogecoin's reward halving was a huge drop in their hashrate with very little increase in value vs BTC - exactly the thing we want to avoid happening to Execoin.  It also appears to have dragged overall altcoin profitability down a bit, too.  It might not be a bad idea to try to convert some of those Shibes over to Execoin.   Grin
Activity: 252
Cryptomancer
Large ASICs are coming and they are not very far away. In as little as 1 month (yes, that is a short amount of time) I believe we will start seeing their impact in a big way.

agreed, we're going to start seeing a ton of interest in Scrypt-N coins very soon.  They're all going to pop.  Also check out KimoCoin, another Scrypt-N coin.  Very new, low diff and high reward.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
So we were runners up on coinpayments with 17 votes...

https://www.coinpayments.net/help-charity-vote
Activity: 308
I'm dissapointed.

lowering the reward would kill this coin, just cause price and hash is low for last couple of weeks doesn't mean that coin is dying, you guys are looking at it short term , stick it out until asics start coming out (they already out there) and this coin will see huge adoption along with many other fair coins that are being neglected now due to pos p&d craze(people will start getting sick of scams and turn to good and fair coins with dedicated teams such as exe, it's only a matter of time, now is a great time to buy more and mine as well)

Stop with the negativity it's only been couple of weeks of downtrend i have seen it for way longer with vert and not afraid to hold, good coins will survive it all.

+1

Large ASICs are coming and they are not very far away. In as little as 1 month (yes, that is a short amount of time) I believe we will start seeing their impact in a big way.

We've read all community comments regarding hardfork and we decided to not do any award reduction/hardforking for now. However we really need help in Execoin's promotion, we're doing everything we can, but the community should spread the word too and be more active in coin's promotion! Especially those big EXE holders might be more active :-)

Thank you.

I think it would help if someone could put a list of "action items" in the first post that outlines how the community can help Execoin. For example, I wasn't able to easily locate where we should vote for Execoin. It's all buried several pages back and hard to find. Maybe create a heading titled "How you can help" and post as much information as possible about how the community can help Execoin. Also including this on the execoin.net website would be helpful.
Activity: 448
I'm dissapointed.

lowering the reward would kill this coin, just cause price and hash is low for last couple of weeks doesn't mean that coin is dying, you guys are looking at it short term , stick it out until asics start coming out (they already out there) and this coin will see huge adoption along with many other fair coins that are being neglected now due to pos p&d craze(people will start getting sick of scams and turn to good and fair coins with dedicated teams such as exe, it's only a matter of time, now is a great time to buy more and mine as well)

Stop with the negativity it's only been couple of weeks of downtrend i have seen it for way longer with vert and not afraid to hold, good coins will survive it all.

We've read all community comments regarding hardfork and we decided to not do any award reduction/hardforking for now. However we really need help in Execoin's promotion, we're doing everything we can, but the community should spread the word too and be more active in coin's promotion! Especially those big EXE holders might be more active :-)

Thank you.

Why? first say the amount of coins mined is too many. And now not adjust the amount of coins / block? I'll sell all coins thanks for the info....

I believe this decision was made based on community feedback.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Thank you.

Why? first say the amount of coins mined is too many. And now not adjust the amount of coins / block? I'll sell all coins thanks for the info....
Activity: 204
Activity: 204

Thank you.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

hmmm, ps is just the latest flavor of p&d, we don't want that, slow and steady growth and merchant adoption is the key, people will start getting sick of loosing money and start supporting good coins(hopefully)

Totally agree.  Hard forking should really only be done to fix security issues and to prevent ASICs from mining (if ones are ever developed for Scrypt-N).  Tweaking a coin to change its value in the marketplace may sound like a good idea, but it easily destroy confidence in the coin.  Crypto is risky enough without worrying that the developer might make a change that ends up making your holdings completely worthless.

The only thing that needs to be done to Execoin is getting more miners, investors and merchants into it.  That's a sure-fire path to the moon.
Activity: 192
exe should add stake, that's what is most popular right now. i like the pow/pos hybrids such as hobonickels. they don't have huge hashrates and survive with stable prices. if exe were to shift it would be one of the only to use scrypt-n. just an idea.
hmmm, ps is just the latest flavor of p&d, we don't want that, slow and steady growth and merchant adoption is the key, people will start getting sick of loosing money and start supporting good coins(hopefully)

pump and dump maybe on the latest pos only coins with short mining window. but those were not what i was talking about.
exe should add stake, that's what is most popular right now. i like the pow/pos hybrids such as hobonickels. they don't have huge hashrates and survive with stable prices. if exe were to shift it would be one of the only to use scrypt-n. just an idea.

EXE also low hashrate, low exchange volume and a plummeting value now!

Execoin's hashrate is low today because it's working exactly as designed.  People who want to mine and dump for Bitcoin are mining something else.  Execoin's value is that in the future, when GPU mining becomes unprofitable, it will be in a great position to attract the miners who would rather not sell off their rigs.  Today, it's just another altcoin that requires a bit of extra futzing with your rig in order to mine.   It doesn't make sense to worry about the cake being frozen when the party is still weeks away.

I understand that if you've been mining or investing in Execoin you'd like to see its value go back up.  I do believe Execoin stands a great chance of being one of the bigger altcoins after the powerful Scrypt ASICs start shipping.  Until then, the best thing to do is keep mining, holding and buying if you believe in this coin.  Forking Execoin seems the surest possible way to kill it.

At the very least, I'd recommend the developer sit back and watch what happens to Dogecoin in the coming days after their reward halving.  It could provide some great insight into what may happen to Execoin.

Well that does sum up most of my thinking.... Scrypt is not intresting to mine as we speak, too many asic being "tested" as vendor say. then they just dump at any price...

they will probably use those btc to crash the price of scrypt-n coins.... hodl people Smiley

+1
Activity: 192
Activity: 476

EXE also low hashrate, low exchange volume and a plummeting value now!

Execoin's hashrate is low today because it's working exactly as designed.  People who want to mine and dump for Bitcoin are mining something else.  Execoin's value is that in the future, when GPU mining becomes unprofitable, it will be in a great position to attract the miners who would rather not sell off their rigs.  Today, it's just another altcoin that requires a bit of extra futzing with your rig in order to mine.   It doesn't make sense to worry about the cake being frozen when the party is still weeks away.

I understand that if you've been mining or investing in Execoin you'd like to see its value go back up.  I do believe Execoin stands a great chance of being one of the bigger altcoins after the powerful Scrypt ASICs start shipping.  Until then, the best thing to do is keep mining, holding and buying if you believe in this coin.  Forking Execoin seems the surest possible way to kill it.

At the very least, I'd recommend the developer sit back and watch what happens to Dogecoin in the coming days after their reward halving.  It could provide some great insight into what may happen to Execoin.

Well that does sum up most of my thinking.... Scrypt is not intresting to mine as we speak, too many asic being "tested" as vendor say. then they just dump at any price...

they will probably use those btc to crash the price of scrypt-n coins.... hodl people Smiley
So whats the word on the lower rewards? we do need some sort of change. Although there is low volume at least there isn't large amounts going at this low price so I guess no one is in a hurry to dump. Im buying  a miner tomorrow i can put towards the network . With 4 x 7970's would i be able to solo mine i do like to gamble anyway.

With the difficulty as low as it is right now, I think you could solo mine and do pretty well.
Pages:
Jump to: