Pages:
Author

Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof - page 65. (Read 281667 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
There is a day to be born, and another to die
I think the block reward of 50 is a bit too high for EXE, maybe it's time for developers/community to rethink this?

We're thinking to reduce the reward, details will be provided soon! Also, we're thinking to add some more technologies to EXE that will increase its value.
Any news?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I cant say that I see your attitude people as a good sign. How you all are so concerned with the market price. Execoin in not a barrel of petrol. It is supposed to be primarily a payment system!
 Cheesy
Value stability is extremely important to a transaction medium.  Current value also correlates very closely with network hashrate and therefore network security.  If value continues to fall, vertcoin will end up the nscrypt crown holder, and exe will be left with with little to no hashrate (and therefore no network security, and therefore next to 0 utility).

And besides, cryptocoins have vastly more similarity to comodities then currencies.

We are talking about trying to stabilize value, because at this point it is crucial for network longevity.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I cant say that I see your attitude people as a good sign. How you all are so concerned with the market price. Execoin in not a barrel of petrol. It is supposed to be primarily a payment system!
 Cheesy
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Finally, I got paid so that I can participate in the adding to the buy wall.
Activity: 448
It appears to be a bot on Cryptsy that automatically places smallish orders on both the sell and buy sides.  If you put up a big buy or sell wall, it will almost always put up an order 1sat in front of it.  If you sell or buy into its orders, it moves the orders on the opposite market side closer.

Looks like we lost our 3500 buy order.  My orders all got eaten too.

If we don't establish a solid price base as a group soon, this coin is going to lose most of its hashrate.

At 3000sat, that's a pretty small market cap.  There must be enough people that believe in the potential of nscrypt and specifically EXEcoin that we can stabilize the market value.  If sellers (miners and holders) see a large enough buy wall, they are much more likely place higher sell orders instead of selling into the buy orders.

this bot has been pushing a price down and what i think it's happening is someone is aquiring huge amounts of exe, there is people watching these forums chatrooms and all, exe community is small but loud and i after all these crazy color coins and whatever is pumped today, once all that is over there will be time to pump and exploit a good and fair coin like exe (i really hope it won't cause pumps are dangerous and can kill a coin but my opinion someone is pushing price down and stacking up preparing for something big.I wish we had an explorer with rich list so i can check the history of fat wallets and their patterns to confirm it) also once people get sick of scams i hope they will turn to good and fair coins. i'm a huge supporter of exe since day 1 but a slow single card miner but i have been buying as much as i can , yesterday i got around  3k at 3650.

keep up the good work everyone
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
It appears to be a bot on Cryptsy that automatically places smallish orders on both the sell and buy sides.  If you put up a big buy or sell wall, it will almost always put up an order 1sat in front of it.  If you sell or buy into its orders, it moves the orders on the opposite market side closer.

Looks like we lost our 3500 buy order.  My orders all got eaten too.

If we don't establish a solid price base as a group soon, this coin is going to lose most of its hashrate.

At 3000sat, that's a pretty small market cap.  There must be enough people that believe in the potential of nscrypt and specifically EXEcoin that we can stabilize the market value.  If sellers (miners and holders) see a large enough buy wall, they are much more likely place higher sell orders instead of selling into the buy orders.
Activity: 308
kid's playing

I keep seeing fishy trading on Poloniex as well.
I love this coin, but best to mine is now KimoCoin and Im leaving thisone and start mining KMC. There is now such a great block reward!

Lately I've been mining other coins, selling them to BTC and using that to buy EXE on the exchanges.
Activity: 147
I was just reminded of this Scrypt-N trait from reading the execoin.net website:

Lower power usage compared to normal scrypt algorithm

I've confirmed this by watching the amp meters on the PDUs my miners are attached to. With the cost of electricity and warmer months coming up, this could help a lot!
Activity: 6
Thanks for dev's work, the android wallet looks very nice.
We will see what happens when the big scrypt asic hit the streets. I'm glad I started mining this coin 1 hour after launch! Just holding for now Smiley

Doing exactly the same, would be stupid and rather silly to dump my coins at this stage.  Price is too low to make any real return worth it on the mining.  definitely keeping this one long term.

Same here. I have ~3600Kh/s pointed at Execoin right now and I haven't sold a single coin. I did donate some to the Execoin dev fund though  Wink
Activity: 13
Well, the bid wall at 3500 just fell after the step at 3650 fell a few hours ago. Yesterday I added 3000 EXE to the large bid of 15,417 sitting at 3500 by itself for a day to bring the total up to 18,417. A full day later, not one other person had added to the bid wall at that price. A few minutes ago the large bid was pulled, leaving my 3000 EXE exposed. After 800 of my EXE quickly sold, I pulled back the remainder. The bid now stands at 3444.

I think it's safe to say this campaign has failed. I'm moving on.

Activity: 266
We will see what happens when the big scrypt asic hit the streets. I'm glad I started mining this coin 1 hour after launch! Just holding for now Smiley

Doing exactly the same, would be stupid and rather silly to dump my coins at this stage.  Price is too low to make any real return worth it on the mining.  definitely keeping this one long term.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
EXE no giveway,no Faucets, no Promotional Videos , no Games!

Need some promotions like [YC] YellowCoin ★★ 1M YC Giveaway ★★ Hurry up, all gone in 3 days!!

That's easy to promote YC with millions premined! YC could be good for quick profit but exe is long term I guess, I hope in fact!
Only the coming of asics can increase the popularity of exe and it's not yet the right time..
Activity: 140
EXE no giveway,no Faucets, no Promotional Videos , no Games!

Need some promotions like [YC] YellowCoin ★★ 1M YC Giveaway ★★ Hurry up, all gone in 3 days!!
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

We're thinking to reduce the reward, details will be provided soon! Also, we're thinking to add some more technologies to EXE that will increase its value.

I've been mining Execoin with five R9 270X cards (about 1050KH/s) almost since it hit Coinwarz.  I've accumulated a decent amount of coins and would stand to gain considerably if the coins suddenly became "more rare", but I strongly feel reducing the mining reward will backfire.  So much in fact, that I signed up here just so I could post this reply.

More than anything else, a crypto coin needs hashrate to survive.  Sure, I'm thrilled to see 300+ Execoins being mined by my rig each day at the current difficulty, but the low difficulty is also a bad sign that this coin is losing its appeal to miners.  Reducing the reward will only further deter miners from choosing to point their rigs at Execoin.

What is really needed to reduce the overall number of coins being dumped at exchanges is more miners who are willing to hold their coins.  I have no idea how you'd make that happen, but that's the medicine Execoin needs.
What if there is a possibility to switch the algo from Scrypt-N to X11? This will certainly attract more miners!
Activity: 19

I've been mining Execoin with five R9 270X cards (about 1050KH/s) almost since it hit Coinwarz.  I've accumulated a decent amount of coins and would stand to gain considerably if the coins suddenly became "more rare", but I strongly feel reducing the mining reward will backfire.  So much in fact, that I signed up here just so I could post this reply.

More than anything else, a crypto coin needs hashrate to survive.  Sure, I'm thrilled to see 300+ Execoins being mined by my rig each day at the current difficulty, but the low difficulty is also a bad sign that this coin is losing its appeal to miners.  Reducing the reward will only further deter miners from choosing to point their rigs at Execoin.

What is really needed to reduce the overall number of coins being dumped at exchanges is more miners who are willing to hold their coins.  I have no idea how you'd make that happen, but that's the medicine Execoin needs.
Hi, execoin devs and execoin community~
Any news from china Bter exchange the EXECOIN BE list in Exchange trade?
Did not see any progress,include Bter,AMA...
EXE doesn't need another exchange right now - we need more buy volume on cryptsy to ensure a solid marketcap floor.

EXE's biggest potential advantage is the falling profits in scrypt mining by GPUs.  To take advantage, we need to create a solid price floor so that miners feel comfortable not just leaving their rigs on EXE, but also comfortable holding the coin knowing that the price is likely to increase. I think it should be this community's goal to create enough price stability that EXE can surpass VTC in network hashrate.
No one interested in EXE now Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: