Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook bans ads for cryptocurrencies - page 10. (Read 1452 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 07:45:40 PM
Facebook is just being cautious. Promoting ICOs on social media sites is one of the best promotional tool, but there are some companies who are not acting on good faith. And facebook is just protecting those people from scams and fraud.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42881892
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 12, 2018, 07:33:45 PM
Not literally banning ads for crypto. They just have to make sure they are giving definite information to all users. It is to avoid scams and hoax in this social networking site. We should not take it negatively since they have their own reason for doing it. Where in fact they accept signature campaign through facebook.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
March 12, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
On the one hand it's good that facebook did this and it is necessary to regulate and prohibit fraudulent schemes ICO, but I think that facebook is aware that grow and become stronger projects best facebook and other social networks where users will reward activity and the need to prevent.

No for me it is not good at all because if facebook is being use by everyone in the world and it is the most famous social media so if it will ban bitcoin we will not be able to promote bitcoin properly but on the other hand I don’t believe it to be ban. Most of the time the traders use to spread news like this just to decrease the price and get the opportunity of high profit to trade at lower price and holding for the long time so it is not true according to me that’s why I am holding as much as I can hold it.
Activity: 49
Merit: 2
March 12, 2018, 03:42:30 PM
Why are you bringing up a stale news? This happened since late January already and there has been so many topic that has been dealt with respect to this.

Facebook clearly stated the reason why they had to do this, which was as a result of not being able to have time or ways to differentiate between scams and real projects, and they just had to revisit their ad policies until further notice to protect their users. It is not an attack on cryptocurrency like some of you are already putting it please.

Hello, sir. Sorry I do not want to interrupt the problem.
I just commented well.
Can to allow it ?
Maybe he wants to go back to discussing this matter as much as possible, so he can better understand it.
Back to the main topic that has been debated.
"Facebook bans ads for crypto"
 Perhaps this is a case where widely publicized minority actions affect the reputation of the majority.
In connection with digital marketing. Of these, there are those who believe that this policy is so wide as to affect a legitimate or trusted business.
Probably because, to avoid misleading or deceptive things. Thank you so mach
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
March 12, 2018, 12:32:06 PM
On the one hand it's good that facebook did this and it is necessary to regulate and prohibit fraudulent schemes ICO, but I think that facebook is aware that grow and become stronger projects best facebook and other social networks where users will reward activity and the need to prevent.

Activity: 280
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
March 12, 2018, 12:09:34 PM
Facebook ban ICO project for advertising is easy to understand. As we know, almost Facebook bounties campaigns in this forum attractive personal to promote for ICO project by posting to Facebook profile, not using Facebook Ads platform. All ICO project use Facebook Ads is lending and ponzi model, that promote about profit when investing the ICO to encourage people to put money in the project to get profit per month.
Activity: 302
Merit: 15
March 12, 2018, 12:02:41 PM
I honestly believe Facebook did a smart move.
All those ICOs (I don't judge them) make the crypto market look ridiculous and not really safe. It doesn't really attract some new people and only gives reasons why crypto isn't the solution for the economy. But we all know it's not true, therefore I believe until there will not be an easy way to mass adoption more like many mobile apps and ATMs all around the world and many more, advertisements shouldn't be everywhere especially small ICOs with no value.
Eventually, we need ammo before we shoot. If you know what I mean.
Activity: 616
Merit: 603
March 12, 2018, 11:56:18 AM
The keyword ban by itself isn't going to work out for long. There's already an article published indicating how advertisers are getting around the ICO's and cryptocurrency ad ban by making use of fancy keywords (Look at the reference below). Also, I feel banning advertisements to all cryptocurrency ICO's isn't a good way to go. Take the case of Twitter, they're too taking their baby steps towards banning fraudulant and scam ICO's and cryptocurrency accounts, but they haven't yet decided to ban all of them unlike Facebook. It would be ideal to allow for free speech and filter cryptocurrencies after inspecting their authenticity only after a report has been filed by multiple users.

Reference: https://mashable.com/2018/02/10/facebook-cryptocurrency-ads-ban-education/#4vRepqDApmqG
Activity: 251
March 12, 2018, 11:48:21 AM
Activity: 326
Merit: 104
Santa Coin
March 12, 2018, 11:35:57 AM
What about the bounty?I'm part of a Facebook campaign.
Bounty as far as I know remains intact because of this ruling, but I wouldn't know 100% as I don't use FB to begin with. You had to imagine though places you are shilling financial advice they are going to shut you down, especially when people complain.
Activity: 118
March 12, 2018, 11:03:50 AM
Activity: 38
March 12, 2018, 10:54:25 AM
What about the bounty?I'm part of a Facebook campaign.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
March 12, 2018, 08:02:01 AM
Based on my understanding they are previously taking back or loosening up there ban about cryptpcurrencies as obviously it is affecting their revenue. Blocking all kinds of crypto related ads is like shutting down an entire revenue from that industry. Even Google didn't pursue their plan on banning crypto ads. But what Google did is screen all of their ads to avoid showing off illegitimate cryptocurrencies that have a high  chance of turning out into scams.
You are right. I expect that soon, facebook will make another statement stating that crypto ads is allowed again in their site but it will be filtered before they approve of it IMO. If they want total ban of it in the first place, then they should have had blocked facebook pages linked with ICO's as it is used to advertise cryptos. Also, they should have had not allowed anyone to create pages crypto related.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
March 12, 2018, 05:30:11 AM
Based on my understanding they are previously taking back or loosening up there ban about cryptpcurrencies as obviously it is affecting their revenue. Blocking all kinds of crypto related ads is like shutting down an entire revenue from that industry. Even Google didn't pursue their plan on banning crypto ads. But what Google did is screen all of their ads to avoid showing off illegitimate cryptocurrencies that have a high  chance of turning out into scams.
Activity: 238
March 12, 2018, 05:28:23 AM
Activity: 378
March 12, 2018, 05:24:59 AM
FacebooK may be working on digital encrypted money itself!

Facebook's decision to ban encrypted ads may be aimed at eliminating competition!
Not just to eliminate the competition but to avoid their users to invest in a scam ICO's, if you own big platforms like Facebook you have to protect your own clients from engaging in the ICO that is a potential Ponzi scheme, some pages are still allowed to share their contents to advertise in a non
spammy way, but I heard that some ICO pages and Facebook users banned because of sharing a spammy advertisement from a shady ICO projects.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 05:15:36 AM
I also read the news that about banning the facebbok ads is not sure if this is true because of today's fake news coverage so we just have to wait for the right results here because it has a huge effect on cryptocurrency because facebook one in ways to spread cryptocurrency around the globe in the amount of users it really impacts.
Activity: 278
March 12, 2018, 04:59:57 AM
Some people just changed some letters on numbers or letters from other languages Grin
It looks like "IС0" or "сгурtосuггency"
It was made to avoid bans
Activity: 126
March 12, 2018, 04:58:34 AM
FacebooK may be working on digital encrypted money itself!

Facebook's decision to ban encrypted ads may be aimed at eliminating competition!
Activity: 126
March 12, 2018, 04:54:59 AM
In the past year, the progress of the cryptocurrency has reached a very wild level, and Facebook can't see the momentum.

Bitcoin and other cryptographic currencies are now almost fanatical, and in the area of cryptocurrency, there is a lot of garbage, fraud and other risks.

Cryptocurrencies do need some good rules to restrain them.
Pages:
Jump to: