Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook Campaign no more!! - page 47. (Read 5806 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 39
February 03, 2018, 04:41:23 PM
Well, it's not a so bad news.
I understand that we all here are upset, but after the ICO ban from US government, it was a well expected measure.
Actually, in the last months facebook was invaded from all kind of very dubious offers, and it's normal that the management tries to protect people from scam.
I think this is just a temporary stop,  while we wait for some clarity to be made in the crypto far west.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
February 03, 2018, 06:44:59 AM
Of course, the ban on advertising crypto-currencies in facsimiles is very, very bad for the integration of crypto-currencies into society as a whole. Of course this is very, very sad news, but you need to start doing something else.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
February 01, 2018, 08:01:56 PM
Yes, I think there are too many ICO projects so it's hard to avoid a scam project. And I myself have experienced a scam project, and not paid for my job.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
February 01, 2018, 08:01:33 PM
I'm happy to see that facebook adopted this solution because in the last months it was full of ads promoting some coins and projects that I have never heard and so on. I think the main advertising of a project is happening here , on bitcoin house , where we all live Cool
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
February 01, 2018, 07:56:45 PM
Well, after that ICOs were banned by US government, it was inevitable that US based company took measures in this sense.
They can't stop bitcoin march, but they surely can slow down it.
Activity: 451
February 01, 2018, 11:49:49 AM
I'm totally agree becaise I saw that my facebook always display ICO ads, most of them just fake and scam money , I don't think popular project need to advertising on facebook , maybe later facebook > fbcoin  Grin Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
February 01, 2018, 11:32:07 AM
Facebook is trying to shield users from big garbage and scams from ICO, a lot of advertising. This is the right solution. And there is a ban on publishing content with certain content. But I do not think that this will affect the ICO.
Activity: 406
February 01, 2018, 11:27:14 AM
Facebook sees that the share of spam has increased due to the growing interest in crypto-currencies. But I do not understand how this can harm them. On the contrary, more and more people are beginning to use facebook. Well, if Facebook only prohibits fraudulent projects, then I "take off my hat" before Mark Zuckerberg)))

What is the ban? How does it work? They just ban any ICO users. Or do they ban the people sharing? If someone has a link to an article explaining would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!
Activity: 196
February 01, 2018, 11:19:08 AM
Facebook promotional advertisement wouldnt make any difference,because we already have twitter which is more dominant with cryptocurrency's promotions,we have a decent forum which would be enough to promote new ICOs,and to what i understand facebook doesnt mean you will get banned if you posted something related with cryptocurrencies,they will just stop from accepting ICOs advertisement in their paid advertisements.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
February 01, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
I don't agree with this. This will affect a lot of people, because there are a lot of bounty hunter especially in social media.
A good idea for facebook is to limit about ads of crypto, not ban that. With limitation crypto ads on fb will not be an annoying
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 11:12:29 AM
First and foremost, cryptocurrencies are popular among young people  generations of millenials that were born between 1990 and 2000.
Older people are less enthusiastic about this, so maybe we shouldn’t be upset that Facebook target audience will be lost. Cheesy

There's still quite a bit of millenials on FB though. Grin
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
February 01, 2018, 10:58:10 AM
its a good way to lessen scams in ico, too many people creating multiple fake accounts in facebook are popping everywhere just to scam people who are too lazy to do their research before investing in an ico.
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
February 01, 2018, 10:54:45 AM
First and foremost, cryptocurrencies are popular among young people  generations of millenials that were born between 1990 and 2000.
Older people are less enthusiastic about this, so maybe we shouldn’t be upset that Facebook target audience will be lost. Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
February 01, 2018, 10:52:11 AM
I don't see any problem with ICO information and news being shared in facebook. Facebook is not only meant for communicating with people, it is also built for advertising and for doing some business. I don't see any point of banning crypto-related posts. That is just total nonsense.
Activity: 753
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 10:50:52 AM
Why Facebook has to do it?  if it will come true  facebook loose  a lot of followers  and all comunity  will move to another  platform
it is non profitable for FB
Nothing bad happened! Just will not appear advertising projects ICO and cryptography. But to put "like" and make a repost for the same ICO projects - no one banned.
Activity: 1372
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 01, 2018, 10:50:27 AM
if for the good of us all not to get trapped in facebook ads about ico scam that I can support but from the above decisions there must be a party in the profits and there are also in the disadvantage
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
February 01, 2018, 10:47:18 AM
the ICO still announced for almost every days until now so nothing to worried about that because that would not have big impact for upcoming ICO or development of cryptocurrencies and i think people still able to promote their ICO project through another way such as twitter or even in this forum
Activity: 195
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
I am shocked that Facebook has done this, not like Facebook to grow a moral backbone when it's for easy cash for Facebook. Clearly this is just a PR tactic as they want to be seen as looking after their users, especially after ex Facebook employees saying it is bad for people and the Russian / fake news scandal.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 01, 2018, 10:46:30 AM
I am not sure about this news that facebook have ban advertisement related to crypto and i think it is not positive step neither for facebook nor for crypto because large population from the whole world are using facebook and it is the great way of advertising crypto or any other product and also if facebook ban such product advertisement then surely some user of facebook will also reduce using of Facebook.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
February 01, 2018, 10:46:06 AM
I didn't see this coming because Facebook never usually turns down a quick bit of cash on a fad. Honestly it won't impact too much because you can just create good content to be shared by bounty campaigns or shared in groups.

Just really shooting themselves in the foot and losing some revenue. Personally I just think it is a marketing campaign to seem more moral after the whole Russia election scandal.

I agree. I think this may be a temporary move from Facebook. That's because I do believe, like the above-stated reply, that one of Facebook's main means of getting money is through marketing by exploiting the traffic of people that comes by their platform on a daily basis. I think what they trying to get rid of are the unwanted flooding of posts about ads related to ICOs that actually doesn't have to content to it posted by those joiners that just post just to complete their weekly quotas without thinking if their contents are of any use or not. I think once all that is filtered Facebook would allow ads again.
Pages:
Jump to: