Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRBRIX - Announcement - CPU friendly - GPU hostile - Tiny premine - page 4. (Read 8030 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Why not a relaunch then you can mine again from the beginning?
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Simply removing the
Code:
custom_inflation=0
line in the config is enough to restore expected behaviour.

No need for a re-launch.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I'm still working on a relaunch. The source is here: https://github.com/coblee/Fairbrix
It's not fully working yet. But I'm going to make it such that you don't need a conf file.

I would not suggest mucking around with your fairbrix.conf file to try to generate coins for the original chain. This would just make people fork different chains and create a huge mess.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
I can't find the inflation_trigger line......
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Ok, trying:
Code:
#custom_inflation=1
#post_subsidy=25
#inflation_trigger=1550
gives me 25 coins in block 1726

So, comment out, or delete, those lines!

It helped, thanks.
Ok, trying:
Code:
#custom_inflation=1
#post_subsidy=25
#inflation_trigger=1550
gives me 25 coins in block 1726

So, comment out, or delete, those lines!
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Tried to change conf file too, and after 160 confirmations there is still 0 FBX per mined block
I tried mining it with the changes above. So far no coins but says i've done 5 blocks.
Activity: 658
where do I get windows binaries?
We're at block 1551 - can anyone confirm it has coins in?
So, I've set
Code:
custom_inflation=1
post_subsidy=25
inflation_trigger=1550
in fairbrix.conf

If everyone else does the same, problem solved?
Activity: 352
Firstbits: 1m8xa
Well.

That was rather awkward.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
Unfortunately this launch was a false start. There was a problem in the config causing all blocks mined after the 100th blocks to contain 0 coins. The fix would unfortunately require a restart of the coin.

michaelmclees has asked me over IRC to take over for him. I will try to do my best. I will set up a new github.com repository with the source so people can do diffs. And generate a new genesis block. I will premine a few to make sure things work ok. Apparently, that was really needed. When everything is looking good, I will post the client and the source.

In the meantime, please stop your clients and miners and switch back to tenebrix. Smiley

What happened ?

I made sure that the custom inflation (aka make magkal blocks with arbitrary coinage) is off in the config (custom_inflation=0) and set subsidy to "allways 25" (Subsidy=25), wtf did go wrong ?

The code checks for the flag custom_inflation, so setting it to 0 still triggers custom inflation. Since post_Subsidy is not set, after 100 blocks, the subsidy becomes 0. doh!

mmm crap.

But why does inflation_trigger default to 100 ? Also, dudes, we can theoretcially fix it without restart, just with a config update.

custom_inflation=1

infaltion_trigger=(current block nucmber)+ 5 blocks

post_Subsidly=25

You sure. wouldn't the 0-coin blocks be invalid with your new config?

Old ones are interpreted as okay blocks, new 0-blocks AFTER triggervalue will be rejected by "upgraded" net
Activity: 686
Wat
I suppose it is fair that each user gets 0 coins.

Cheesy
donator
Unfortunately this launch was a false start. There was a problem in the config causing all blocks mined after the 100th blocks to contain 0 coins. The fix would unfortunately require a restart of the coin.

michaelmclees has asked me over IRC to take over for him. I will try to do my best. I will set up a new github.com repository with the source so people can do diffs. And generate a new genesis block. I will premine a few to make sure things work ok. Apparently, that was really needed. When everything is looking good, I will post the client and the source.

In the meantime, please stop your clients and miners and switch back to tenebrix. Smiley

What happened ?

I made sure that the custom inflation (aka make magkal blocks with arbitrary coinage) is off in the config (custom_inflation=0) and set subsidy to "allways 25" (Subsidy=25), wtf did go wrong ?

The code checks for the flag custom_inflation, so setting it to 0 still triggers custom inflation. Since post_Subsidy is not set, after 100 blocks, the subsidy becomes 0. doh!

mmm crap.

But why does inflation_trigger default to 100 ? Also, dudes, we can theoretcially fix it without restart, just with a config update.

custom_inflation=1

post_Subsidly=25

You sure. wouldn't the 0-coin blocks be invalid with your new config?
Hillariously voracious

What happened ?

mmm crap.

custom_inflation=1

post_Subsidly=25
donator

What happened ?

Hillariously voracious

What happened ?

Activity: 770

Oh noes, LameBrix is dead!
Pathetic...

Edit :
Spoken a bit quick.
Looks like coblee managed to get back the thing under control pretty quick.
Let's see what it becomes.
Pages:
Jump to: