Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRBRIX - Announcement - CPU friendly - GPU hostile - Tiny premine - page 5. (Read 8030 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Same feeling here, though when Solidcoin comes out, I am definitely going to give it a try.

Unfortunately this launch was a false start. There was a problem in the config causing all blocks mined after the 100th blocks to contain 0 coins. The fix would unfortunately require a restart of the coin.

michaelmclees has asked me over IRC to take over for him. I will try to do my best. I will set up a new github.com repository with the source so people can do diffs. And generate a new genesis block. I will premine a few to make sure things work ok. Apparently, that was really needed. When everything is looking good, I will post the client and the source.

In the meantime, please stop your clients and miners and switch back to tenebrix. Smiley

We don't need a restart, the coin just decided it doesn't want to live anymore...

We have Tenebrix, it works great, support is better than every other alt-chain (also for GG!), there's a pool and an exchange and enough pre-mined for bounties and laundry.

Fairbrix decided to die, don't be Frankenstein...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Unfortunately this launch was a false start. There was a problem in the config causing all blocks mined after the 100th blocks to contain 0 coins. The fix would unfortunately require a restart of the coin.

michaelmclees has asked me over IRC to take over for him. I will try to do my best. I will set up a new github.com repository with the source so people can do diffs. And generate a new genesis block. I will premine a few to make sure things work ok. Apparently, that was really needed. When everything is looking good, I will post the client and the source.

In the meantime, please stop your clients and miners and switch back to tenebrix. Smiley

We don't need a restart, the coin just decided it doesn't want to live anymore...

We have Tenebrix, it works great, support is better than every other alt-chain (also for GG!), there's a pool and an exchange and enough pre-mined for bounties and laundry.

Fairbrix decided to die, don't be Frankenstein...
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Found 12 blocks, it says "12 transactions" but I didn't get any coins... Now the transactions dissapeared but it still says "12 transactions" on the "main" screen.

Yeah, same to me. It happened already twice (first time about hour ago).
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Kraken, how did you get your to work? are you using windows 7?

thanks

I have just downloaded the client zip pack. Unzipped run client run miner and .. they are working. On 1 miner thread there is I dont know some kind of error? but im not sure.
" "error"="null" "
Im not in to a software programming but my mind says error = null means no error?
Either way block are calculating but only in one block i got 25 coins the rest is 0.

Which miner file did you use?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10

thanks

I have just downloaded the client zip pack. Unzipped run client run miner and .. they are working. On 1 miner thread there is I dont know some kind of error? but im not sure.
" "error"="null" "
Im not in to a software programming but my mind says error = null means no error?
Either way block are calculating but only in one block i got 25 coins the rest is 0.
legendary
Not sure fairbrix counts, there appear to be only ~4k coins in existence, despite 787 blocks.

Hmm, reminds me of this:

Failbrix?

Found 12 blocks, it says "12 transactions" but I didn't get any coins... Now the transactions dissapeared but it still says "12 transactions" on the "main" screen.

I'm out of here, back to Tenebrix  Grin
Well I have mined a few blocks so far and I only got one bloc with 25 coins. The rest of them have 0.00 value and even after 300 - 400 confirmations their balance is still 0 and its says "Mined balance will be available after 0 more blocks"

Using 2thread batch file - dont show that "error" ? But mined blocks have 0. The one block that contained 25 coins was created at 100 block counts (628 blocks back) and on 1 thred batch file which "shows error? "

thanks
Activity: 210
Not sure fairbrix counts, there appear to be only ~4k coins in existence, despite 787 blocks.
Activity: 756
There is already one tenebrix, now another fairbrix, I thought Solidcoin came out first with the idea of CPU mining?  When they come out there will be 3 CPU coin mining.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Well I have mined a few blocks so far and I only got one bloc with 25 coins. The rest of them have 0.00 value and even after 300 - 400 confirmations their balance is still 0 and its says "Mined balance will be available after 0 more blocks"

Using 2thread batch file - dont show that "error" ? But mined blocks have 0. The one block that contained 25 coins was created at 100 block counts (628 blocks back) and on 1 thred batch file which "shows error? "
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
720 is the current block per my client.
No blocks since the first maybe 150 or so actually have coins in them as far as I can tell.

May have been a good idea to premine further after all!  There's some irony for you.

EDIT:
Sidenote:  The client (not the miner!) is eating a tremendous amount of CPU power on linux, is there a miner built in or something?  When I say tremendous, I mean literally every cycle it can get it's hands on.

Hmm. Maybe having a dev fund is a good idea after all...

Activity: 633
May have been a good idea to premine further after all!  There's some irony for you.

No joke... 
720 is the current block per my client.
No blocks since the first maybe 150 or so actually have coins in them as far as I can tell.

May have been a good idea to premine further after all!  There's some irony for you.

EDIT:
Sidenote:  The client (not the miner!) is eating a tremendous amount of CPU power on linux, is there a miner built in or something?  When I say tremendous, I mean literally every cycle it can get it's hands on.
Activity: 633
>I am using windows 7 and getting this same error. What should I do?

Same thing here. I'm new to mining. Not sure if it is an error or what's going on with it.

Try using the other batch file to mine.

There is a problem with the code so you may want to hold off for a bit.
legendary
At what block are we?
My client says "667"...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
>I am using windows 7 and getting this same error. What should I do?

Same thing here. I'm new to mining. Not sure if it is an error or what's going on with it.
in Linux version you probably want to edit conf and:

daemon=0

It's already there on mine, I copy/pasted the file you posted.

EDIT:
Oldest zero coin block has a green clock next to it, 217 confirms.
I'm consistantly mining 0 coin blocks using the linux client, too.
Pages:
Jump to: