Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 79. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 252
please do not contact us here via PM.
We fixed it. Everything is back to normal.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
OK, unfortunately the NCAA title game starts in less than 10 minutes.  Please do what you can ASAP.  Ty.
Shouldn't a deposit sent 40 minutes ago, showing 11 confirmations be credited to my balance by now?  I have sent 2 messages to customer service with nothing but an automated reply.  Come on guys, get with the program.  The whole point of BTC is to not have delays like this, isn't it?  (I did use my newly issued deposit address, fyi)

Sorry we had a general outage for 2 hours. We will be back shortly.  We sincerely apologize.
Activity: 2
Shouldn't a deposit sent 40 minutes ago, showing 11 confirmations be credited to my balance by now?  I have sent 2 messages to customer service with nothing but an automated reply.  Come on guys, get with the program.  The whole point of BTC is to not have delays like this, isn't it?  (I did use my newly issued deposit address, fyi)
VTC
Activity: 84
Merit: 14
Sorry @VTC!

This is a bit unclear for me, can you offer an example?
Say a user deposits 10 btc.  They can create 10 unmatched bets of 10 btc each for a total of 100btc in market liquidity, right?
right.

Are you saying that after the first 10 btc gets matched, the other 90 btc won't get canceled?

yes.

And if another user tries to bet against those remaining 90btc will the system allow a match putting the original user into a negative balance plus 0.1mBTC fee?

no, the system won't allow a match. The offer will be cancelled and the penalty deducted from the account.

With the 90 btc in the given example not being auto canceled, won't this effect other users who see these bets as on the books as providing liquidity, yet they can't bet against it?

What is the purpose of the penalty, is it to deter users from providing liquidity, or to fund supports time as a manual review/operation has to be done?

Technically users can set up a 24/7 system to self monitor and cancel bets over there balance via api, but that is much more work then fairlay doing it on their side by default (with perhaps an option to opt out, for liquidity providers who plan to add more balance and don't want bets canceled)

Your system is able to monitor and impose a penalty (and I'm assuming avoid any race condition bugs/exploits) yet it can't be set up to auto cancel these bets instead?

DT3
Activity: 53
Sorry @VTC!

Say a user deposits 10 btc.  They can create 10 unmatched bets of 10 btc each for a total of 100btc in market liquidity, right?
right.

Are you saying that after the first 10 btc gets matched, the other 90 btc won't get canceled?

yes.

And if another user tries to bet against those remaining 90btc will the system allow a match putting the original user into a negative balance plus 0.1mBTC fee?

no, the system won't allow a match. The offer will be cancelled and the penalty deducted from the account.

Why not have the system auto cancel once they got filled on the 10 btc? This sounds annoying for the person thinking he's accepting an offer.
@DT3  we won't change it anytime soon.  Try to use the search for that.
Sorry @VTC!

right.

yes.

VTC
DT3
Activity: 53
I'm new to the site and I'm finding the navigation a little rough.

Here's a suggestion why not list the games on the main page and then when clicked on display the entire spread options for the game.

For example today I'm interested in wagering on Knicks vs Mavs spread in order to get to that game I have to navigate a number of pages and make sure I didn't pass over the game.

My suggestion is basically list all the games on the NBA page and allow the user to pick which match he wants to wager on then after he clicks on it display the spreads.

I hope you guys keep growing and do well but you need to address the layout I think its turning of a lot of users.
Activity: 443
Merit: 250
Fairlay is currently not reliably reachable. We had some problems in our migration process. We are working on it but you might not be able to place bets in the next 12h. Very sorry for that.
Yes, sorry for not announcing that yet.

We have changed the minimum to 5mbTC. The amount you risk AND the amount you could win (net-winnings) have to be at least 5mBTC.
Activity: 7
seems like you've changed your minimum.  What's up with that?
VTC
In the upcoming weeks we will migrate all accounts to an enhanced and more secure system. Affected users will get a new deposit address  and be notified via email.

New Features:

• All users who like to trade their position are now able to pull out their money early.
  • Unmatched bets will no longer result in a reduction of your balance. This way everyone can be market maker on many markets without being forced to deposit too much money.
  • Instead, the funds will be deducted from your balance  right before a bet is matched.  
  • All market makers are required to make sure that they can cover for their unmatched bets. If a market maker fails do so (one of his unmatched orders is about to get matched and he does not have the necessary funds), it will result in a penalty of 0.1mBTC in each case.

Say a user deposits 10 btc.  They can create 10 unmatched bets of 10 btc each for a total of 100btc in market liquidity, right?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Interesting system you've got there. Nice to see a large number of sports am keen on trying being implemented. Will deposit some money later and give it a shot!
In the upcoming weeks we will migrate all accounts to an enhanced and more secure system. Affected users will get a new deposit address  and be notified via email.

New Features:

• All users who like to trade their position are now able to pull out their money early.
  • Unmatched bets will no longer result in a reduction of your balance. This way everyone can be market maker on many markets without being forced to deposit too much money.
  • Instead, the funds will be deducted from your balance  right before a bet is matched.  
  • All market makers are required to make sure that they can cover for their unmatched bets. If a market maker fails do so (one of his unmatched orders is about to get matched and he does not have the necessary funds), it will result in a penalty of 0.1mBTC in each case.

We have reports that bets are missing in the new "my predictions" view. Until we look into this you might want to use this view:
https://www.fairlay.com/user/public/YOUR_USERNAME - we haven't changed it.
Hi there,  we pushed a lot of UI updates in the last week. Wie hope you enjoy them.

For example, you can now sign up without email with basically 1 click and add an email later.

Feedback is always welcome.
Yap, currently withdrawals up to 10BTC are instant - above that it takes on average a few hours but not more than 24h.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This is instant to withdrawal? let me know, maybe i will try this SPort betting website
Pages:
Jump to: