Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 8. (Read 135445 times)

legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
A possible very serious bug. I placed four bets for Biden on this market (at 50%) and they were accepted as bets AGAINST Biden.
https://fairlay.com/market/us-president-election-winner-2020/

I have been unable to reproduce this bug today. So I was possibly doing a mistake with the UI, but if anyone else ever has an issue like this - please let support know so they can figure it out.

Note: these were limit orders. So I was trying to put them on the order book.
Activity: 200
Merit: 42
Well Biden is -160 so I am not sure how you put a bet in on Biden at 50%
legendary
A possible very serious bug. I placed four bets for Biden on this market (at 50%) and they were accepted as bets AGAINST Biden.
https://fairlay.com/market/us-president-election-winner-2020/
legendary
There is a strange bug where when I place a maker/taker order for Trump No in the Presidential Election Winner contract it lists it as "Paul Ryan".  It seems to be just a display error, and the order is actually for Trump.  The display fixes if I reload the page.  I've seen this happen 7+ times (every time I place an order).
legendary
Support says: "Unfortunately it's not possible within our system to close your position. You can only hedge (part of) your funds by placing opposing order."
that is a valid point, but having 1 mbtc in reserve to solve any position you want out of is not a big ordeal but I understand your point
legendary
It is silly to have to logon to an exchange, buy 1 mbtc, possibly pay a transfer fee, send it to fairlay and then do multiple trades to clear a position. Especially if you want to clear a larger position using limit orders, you'll either be waiting a long period or need more funds.

Currently all of my btc is on Fairlay.  So this also means I get to do another trade on Coinbase and this complicates my capital gain tax spreadsheet (it takes me several hours or more per year to do this - and I only do a very small number of trades).

I'm more active on PredictIt. Their UI has a couple issues, but it definitely handles this matter a lot better.  It also gives you "Shares" in Yes or No which make it a lot easier to see your net position (as this is shown when you are viewing the market) and to close out a position without overshooting or undershooting it.
When I have zero funds on balance, it lets me place orders smaller than my confirmation limit. It doesn't let me place orders greater than my confirmation limit.  

Also it provides a prompt with two options: cancel and confirm.  The cancel option works and the confirm one does not.  Giving the user an option to choose that does nothing is silly.

Ideally if you have zero funds on balance you should be able to place bets that would reduce your overall position and return funds to your balance.

I think that letting people place bets with zero funds is silly.  I think they are creating bets that become activated when you get funds from settlement of other bets (or deposits), but that seems like a process that could mess up the users when they forget about their outstanding bets.

its simple enough to deposit 1mbtc to clear a position

and the other issue I have no idea I will try and reproduce it and see what happens with no balance and then balance and let fairlay know
legendary
When I have zero funds on balance, it lets me place orders smaller than my confirmation limit. It doesn't let me place orders greater than my confirmation limit.  

Also it provides a prompt with two options: cancel and confirm.  The cancel option works and the confirm one does not.  Giving the user an option to choose that does nothing is silly.

Ideally if you have zero funds on balance you should be able to place bets that would reduce your overall position and return funds to your balance.

I think that letting people place bets with zero funds is silly.  I think they are creating bets that become activated when you get funds from settlement of other bets (or deposits), but that seems like a process that could mess up the users when they forget about their outstanding bets.
UI Bug - if you have zero funds and try to place an order it will let you do it up to the limit that you have set on your account for doing orders without confirmation.

If your bet equals or exceeds the "confirmation limit" you get the option to "confirm", but clicking on it doesn't do anything.

I'm surprised that bugs like this still exist!  Hasn't the new UI been around for a while...

how is that a bug? it does not let you actually place an order it just goes through the process and checks it before it confirms
you can buy yourself out of a position with 1 mbtc
just buy other side for 1 then 2 then 4 then 8 etc
legendary
UI Bug - if you have zero funds and try to place an order it will let you do it up to the limit that you have set on your account for doing orders without confirmation.

If your bet equals or exceeds the "confirmation limit" you get the option to "confirm", but clicking on it doesn't do anything.

I'm surprised that bugs like this still exist!  Hasn't the new UI been around for a while...
legendary
Can I not close my positions if I don't have any funds?  If I am reducing the size of my bet - this should be allowed!  I tried it and it said that I lacked funds.  Though it still let me place an order on the order book with a "0" for liquidity.
legendary
It'd be nice to have features that would help you close out your position in a market.  For instance, if I have Biden to be the Dem nominee on Nov 3, but want to sell off my position - how do I do this?

It would be useful to have a statement on my overall market position when I'm looking at the market.  Otherwise I have to sum up the shares in my Orders page.

Is there anything else I'm missing?  I'm slightly confused as to how I can close my position if I say bought Biden Yes at 90% and now want to sell it at 95%.  I think if I use the amount that is "matched" I might be overshooting (end up with a position going the other way) or undershooting (not closing all of my position).
Win $100 dollars in BTC! Broncos vs Texans
100% free, no signup required
choose a square to win
enter a unique 4 digit #
tweet me your 4 digit # by clicking blue twitter button on the square page

https://www.jgexchange.com/squares/

please retweet so we get more entries

if you have twitter please tweet your code to me, if you dont have twitter just give me your code here in the forum
free contest to win $100 in BTC
no registration or signup
pick the correct score of the Chiefs Texans game
1 entry per twitter acct, no new accounts
you must tweet me (NOT DM) your 4 digit code or your entry will be removed, follow me to see the winner
https://danshan-square.web.app
thank you and as always any suggestions for the app are appreciated
Activity: 248
Merit: 637
we really cleaned up the interface and order. We reorganized things so it is so much easier to find markets.

if you have any questions let me know

app is looking good, keep up the good work
Pages:
Jump to: