Pages:
Author

Topic: Fake token in wallet - page 5. (Read 1568 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 251
September 04, 2021, 04:49:44 PM
Yes, it is indeed a crime, because it can trap bounty hunters who are still beginners who are tempted by fake tokens that enter their wallets, they will be forced to spend money to get fake tokens and the result is only worthless tokens, the only one the only way is to ignore those fake tokens.
Fake tokens are just a nuisance and foul up everyone's wallets, so it's true as you say to ignore them without caring about them, because no one wants to give away expensive tokens for free without doing anything as they tell them to, so it's purely a trap intentionally made.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
September 04, 2021, 04:17:20 PM
The unsolicited token sent to your address is called dust,  or spam token. This kind of token was popular during 2017 bull market. Some of those dust token that were sent to me was valuable and I was able to sell them on Etherdelta then.  If you want to get rid of these token,  you can send them to a burn address 0x000000000000000000
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
September 04, 2021, 02:57:16 PM

Is there any way to remove these tokens from the wallet?

Better not to bother yourself on removing those because it would just be adding up anytime soon and also if you are trying to move those coins then it isnt really worth for the time,fees and effort.
If you do got stressed on having these then go for another or create some new wallet and dont engage with some swap exchangers because this is what i had observed that whenever you do
make transactions or get involved with these places you do really get these fake token but im not sure but this is what i had observed.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 966
In Search of Incredible
September 04, 2021, 02:44:20 PM
Of the eleven fake tokens that the OP mentioned in my wallet, I have the 6 types of tokens mentioned, I don't know where they came from even though I've never done an airdrop task if it's from an airdrop, then is this the work of scamers who always try to send tokens to for sale at fake prices?
Scammers send those tokens randomly to a large number of wallet address. You will receive those tokens if you have made ETH or BNB Smart Chain transaction from your wallet. Among those tokens I have received only two tokens. MNEB is one of it. Although I got it after participating in their airdrop. Minereum BSC shows the price of Minereum tokens which is based on erc-20 network. In the telegram group MNEB team was saying that user can use those token after buying the mining power from them. I have simply ignored it.

However, minereum team have their announcement thread in this forum. And they have also said that MNEB is belongs to their project. [ANN] Minereum - 🔥 🚀 Minereum Polygon AIRDROP IS LIVE! 🚀
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
September 04, 2021, 01:58:52 PM
Of the eleven fake tokens that the OP mentioned in my wallet, I have the 6 types of tokens mentioned, I don't know where they came from even though I've never done an airdrop task if it's from an airdrop, then is this the work of scamers who always try to send tokens to for sale at fake prices?
Sometimes I like to laugh seeing the price of these tokens being hundreds of thousands of dollars on a trustwallet but in reality it can't be used for anything.
Damn always getting useless tokens.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 300
September 04, 2021, 01:33:53 PM
Experienced investors wouldn't fall for these easy tricks by frauds. However, newbies in this market should be really careful about this. As they are new in this market, they may think it as a gift and try to sell them in the market. Maybe hackers can even get access to your private information somehow, who knows. We shouldn't trust everyone and every thing in this market. Newbies also should be aware of this before starting to making investments.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 520
September 04, 2021, 01:23:55 PM
I got some of the tokens already mentioned. how do they send the token to our wallet without knowing the address? is there a way to remove it? I'm so worried that I unknowingly become a victim
I also found in my wallet many fake tokens that have no value in the market and are scams. Maybe the wallet was given while working on other platforms they collected everything from there and sent this scam token you will need to use the new wallet to delete it. Most traders are victims of this scam.

Don't take any actions if you don't want to be victimized by this kind of fake token, the moment you

Try to move this coin with the very chance that hackers may interfere. And same with your suggested action,

better to transfer your valuable to other wallet and leave everything out.

Safer than doing things that may affect the security of your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005
September 04, 2021, 01:11:56 PM
Ignore that message ask you to sent ethereum and hey will sent more than three time your sending because that scammer, right now they have new way like ask deposit bitcoin on some wallet after giving email and password data, in their account have some btc and they ask to sent about 0,1 btc available to withdraw, that really scammer and better hidden your email and separated between your email join bounty and your exchange email.
I recommend using an alternative email address to register for the airdrop program or any form that requires personal email data, every email that has been given will be sent a bulk scam message and  will interest you with instructions in the email for double profit the asset is sent to the scammer,  if it is private email address is important then delete messages from scammers daily or weekly.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 04, 2021, 11:54:53 AM
i have also many fake token in my wallet.Those tokens have no value or volume.I thik it is crime bcoz new hunter don’t understand It's cyber crime.They can send randomly many wallet.A bad things i have ever seen in my journey. I just ignore this happen bcoz there are no ways to transition or remove  fake token without fee.

Yes, it is indeed a crime, because it can trap bounty hunters who are still beginners who are tempted by fake tokens that enter their wallets, they will be forced to spend money to get fake tokens and the result is only worthless tokens, the only one the only way is to ignore those fake tokens.

I often get emails requesting to send ethereum to a wallet address for the reason of transaction fees, many even promise to give a big bonus of up to 10x the ethereum I send, I believe this is a scam so the best way is to ignore the email. other than that we must be vigilant to click the link in the email because this is usually a malicious program to steal our data.
Ignore that message ask you to sent ethereum and hey will sent more than three time your sending because that scammer, right now they have new way like ask deposit bitcoin on some wallet after giving email and password data, in their account have some btc and they ask to sent about 0,1 btc available to withdraw, that really scammer and better hidden your email and separated between your email join bounty and your exchange email.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
September 04, 2021, 09:24:09 AM
i have also many fake token in my wallet.Those tokens have no value or volume.I thik it is crime bcoz new hunter don’t understand It's cyber crime.They can send randomly many wallet.A bad things i have ever seen in my journey. I just ignore this happen bcoz there are no ways to transition or remove  fake token without fee.

I often get emails requesting to send ethereum to a wallet address for the reason of transaction fees, many even promise to give a big bonus of up to 10x the ethereum I send, I believe this is a scam so the best way is to ignore the email. other than that we must be vigilant to click the link in the email because this is usually a malicious program to steal our data.
Activity: 750
Merit: 258
September 04, 2021, 08:41:16 AM
Why do you even get bothered by those fake tokens, it not like they are stilling your wallet space. Fortunately you can spot a mass distribution of a fake promotional token from miles away. It happened to me on ETH wallet back when gas was low, then on waves wallet and now on BSC wallet.
I only encounter this type of token in BSC. It never happens when I use Ethereum. They are really annoying having scam token inside our wallet without being able to getting rid of it.

Some of my friend mistakenly swapped those tokens without checking the source and they lost a really big amount of money. Damn, they should have asked themselves or someone who is expert in crypto so that they know those tokens are legit or not
Activity: 517
Merit: 10
September 04, 2021, 08:31:07 AM

Activity: 798
Merit: 115
September 04, 2021, 04:07:51 AM
Why do you even get bothered by those fake tokens, it not like they are stilling your wallet space. Fortunately you can spot a mass distribution of a fake promotional token from miles away. It happened to me on ETH wallet back when gas was low, then on waves wallet and now on BSC wallet.
Activity: 175
ITSMYNE
September 04, 2021, 03:15:27 AM
to be Honest, i was tempted to swap some of these tokens. i might have fell prey to these scammers but was lucky when i conducted some of my friends who raised the dust on time. there are many more to come. such stuff was happening on tron network. many people loose there tokens and are still loosing. i think the binance smart chain platform should investigate on this and work hard to avoid people loosing their funds. it is getting out hand and people are unknowingly loosing out.
Activity: 657
Merit: 102
September 04, 2021, 02:16:18 AM
Although I try to limit participation in airdrops, I still see such things appearing on my personal wallet. I've heard a lot of warnings about something like this, it's not really a big deal to me, but newcomers to the field need to be wary of things like this because it's very common. You will probably lose money if you try to sell it.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 104
September 04, 2021, 02:01:20 AM
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
September 03, 2021, 11:55:51 PM
No one is exempted even me. They’ve usually targeted those wallets with decent amount of coins or tokens in their possession no matter if it’s ERC20, BSC, TRC20, etc. Actually during the first time I’ve received that amount of fake coin, I’m as excited but I did my own research and found out that it was another modus attempt called the “Honeypot Scam”. You might wanna Google that.

One of my close friends was a victim of a honeypot scam. He received a fake coin called Airstack and immediately tried to exchange it to Pancakeswap. But it was a trap. In the end, both his ETH and BNB are gone. He got nothing else to do but learn and move on from it.

I just simply ignore these fake coins or tokens and let them stay in my wallet.
that's a fake token in the wallet purely as a crime not a promotion or anything else. I've heard that fake tokens in wallets are very dangerous and it's clearly targeting people who don't understand cyber crime. need education about this so as not to make many people become victims of this fake crime
Activity: 1596
Merit: 299
September 03, 2021, 03:17:23 PM
Is there any way to remove these tokens from the wallet?
Honestly just leave them be? I saw a video from voskcoin recently where he saw the same thing and wanted to check and the token swap required him to spend another token which would give them the right to withdraw it all, and that is why he didn't do it and warned everyone to be careful.

Best way to handle this is basically just ignoring it completely, that way you would have it on your wallet, a bad thing to see useless tokens on your wallet surely but it is also something quite important to never touch them. Best case you could send it to any other address and that wouldn't give anyone any rights because you are only sending and not swapping but at the same time it's not going to be that difficult to just hold it in your wallet, that's it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 02, 2021, 02:27:29 PM
It's very disturbing for sure when we get fake tokens and land in our wallets,
you could say that's one of the drawbacks of Bscsan compared to Etherscan,
We all really hope that this feature is really added because of the increasing number of fake tokens circulating
There are so many fake tokens from the BSC network circulating in my wallet wallet, fake tokens are very easy to send in bulk transactions because the BSC gas fee is still low, it is recommended to ignore fake tokens to hide unnecessary tokens in your wallet.
Activity: 672
September 02, 2021, 11:53:53 AM
I got some of the tokens already mentioned. how do they send the token to our wallet without knowing the address? is there a way to remove it? I'm so worried that I unknowingly become a victim

As long as you don't make transactions with fake tokens there will be no problem, they just randomly send them to several wallets, just leave the tokens there, you just need to record any fake tokens in your wallet so you know which tokens are real you get by work or from airdrops.
Pages:
Jump to: